Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Required Update, Installed Ultimate Fix, No Longer Works

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Required Update, Installed Ultimate Fix, No Longer Works Empty Required Update, Installed Ultimate Fix, No Longer Works

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jul 2017, 07:13

So here's my order of events:

• I uninstalled Sims 4 on Origin then made sure Origin was no longer running.
  • I have Norton, I disabled it temporarily.
  • I downloaded the Sims 4 base game, Get To Work, and Get Together.
  • I installed the base game, tried running it, didn't work just crashed.
  • Did some reading on the forums, decided to "install" the expansions (by copying and pasting into the Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 folder). It ran, said I was offline and needed an update to see the expansions. I knew that updates via Origin would break the crack so I downloaded (and extracted the stuff) the Ultimate Fix.
  • My Ultimate Fix did not come up an installation guide so I did my best to figure it out and pasted everything into the Bin. Facepalm
  • Tried to run the game but it didn't. I tried to find the installation guide for the Ultimate Fix but the download link for the pdf that I found no longer worked.
  • So I'm stuck here, please help!!!

(Everytime I mention it doesn't run or crashes, it's always the same "Unable to start" with the exception hex code)

Back to top Go down

Required Update, Installed Ultimate Fix, No Longer Works Empty Re: Required Update, Installed Ultimate Fix, No Longer Works

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jul 2017, 09:51

Apparently your game is still in the folder Electronic Arts, so move it out to just Program Files or Program Files (x86)
Don't use any fixes at all.

Installation:
1. Instal Base Game
2. Move the install folder out of the folder Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts  (Move, not Copy)
3. Install Get to Work
4. Install Get Together
5. Install City Living
6. Install Toddlers/Vampires
7. Delete the Game folder from your install folder Program Files\The Sims 4\  (very, very important)
8. Install Parenthood
9. Install Fitness

No patches/updates/fixes !!!!
When you perform steps 1-9 the game should work perfectly.

Back to top Go down

Required Update, Installed Ultimate Fix, No Longer Works Empty Game says it needs Origin! I've read the forums and still need Help!

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jul 2017, 22:19

So I finally had the game working, the first time I ran it I followed the instructions to run first as Admin with Origin not running. Everything worked perfectly, so I turned the antivirus (Norton) back on. Then when I tried to run it again later, Origin automatically opened, and I got an error that Sims would not run without Origin. I kept Origin open, ran it again, and all expansions were gone. I went through EA's instructions on how to uninstall Origin and did that. Sims still can't run without Origin.

If the issue has to do with the antivirus software, Norton does not have the option to exclude an entire folder in its exclusions, it must be specific programs, so if THAT is the issue, I'd very much like a list of what needs to be excluded.

Please help! I'm so close!

EDIT:
Topic merged. Do keep to one thread if your problem has not been fully solved yet.

- Ageha

Last edited by Ageha on Mon 31 Jul 2017, 06:44; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : clarify help needed)

Back to top Go down

Required Update, Installed Ultimate Fix, No Longer Works Empty Re: Required Update, Installed Ultimate Fix, No Longer Works

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 06:53

Hi,

I'm not too familiar with Norton, and since you mentioned programs, I don't think you can exclude files as well? Or you can, but need to choose them one by one? If so, anti-virus usually deletes the .dll files found in Game\Bin. But this means it can be a hassle since you have to actually exclude the .rar files as well before unzipping them. If you're comfortable with only windows defender running, I'd suggest to actually uninstall the anti-virus instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 11:35

JEB wrote:So I finally had the game working, the first time I ran it I followed the instructions to run first as Admin with Origin not running. Everything worked perfectly, so I turned the antivirus (Norton) back on. Then when I tried to run it again later, Origin automatically opened, and I got an error that Sims would not run without Origin. I kept Origin open, ran it again, and all expansions were gone. I went through EA's instructions on how to uninstall Origin and did that. Sims still can't run without Origin.

If the issue has to do with the antivirus software, Norton does not have the option to exclude an entire folder in its exclusions, it must be specific programs, so if THAT is the issue, I'd very much like a list of what needs to be excluded.

Please help! I'm so close!

EDIT:
Topic merged. Do keep to one thread if your problem has not been fully solved yet.

- Ageha
When you own at least the base game legally and you added pirated DLC's, ALL these DLC's will be rendered useless by Origin when you login to Origin whilst the option  "Automatically update" is not unchecked in Origin.

exclude in Norton:
rld.dll
RldOrigin.dll
TS4.exe
TS4_x64.exe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top