Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible reason why mods do not appear in your game.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Possible reason why mods do not appear in your game. Empty Possible reason why mods do not appear in your game.

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 13:21

On my Dutch forum I noticed that some people complained that downloaded CC did not appear.
Reason was that they created subfolders in Mods like we used to do in the Sims 3.
When placed back in the main folder Mods, they became visable.

Back to top Go down

Possible reason why mods do not appear in your game. Empty Re: Possible reason why mods do not appear in your game.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 31 Jul 2017, 16:54

Tarac wrote:On my Dutch forum I noticed that some people complained that downloaded CC did not appear.
Reason was that they created subfolders in Mods like we used to do in the Sims 3.
When placed back in the main folder Mods, they became visable.

//MOVED

Moved to the right section. That has actually been a known problem since a while back here. See this:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20991-cc-mods-not-showing-in-game-fix

(that's inside "The Sims 4 tips & tricks", I also just stickied the thread now). I should also link to this, in the general guide about installing mods/CC, which I haven't done. But yes, you have to make modifications to the Resource.cfg file.

The default "Mods"-folder and Resource.cfg file created by starting the game the first time should allow for at least one level of subfolders within Mods if I remember correctly. I did it myself (back in 2014 admittedly), and it worked fine. Maybe the game "today" is different?!

I don't know how many layers of subfolders within Mods you can possibly add by means of this method, nor if adding an intricate layer of subfolders can affect game performance, though.

Everybody say 'thank you' to (former Helper) @coolcandy3001! Very Happy

//EDIT

I noticed in the default Resource.cfg, the entry lines are aligned "horizontically", which in my experience could be a problem. I've edited the file and uploaded a new Resource.cfg here: https://goo.gl/o27k1B

The entries are now on separate lines. If Chrome doesn't allow you to keep the downloaded file, see this Forum post.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top