Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game only works without mods

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game only works without mods Empty Game only works without mods

Post by Guest Wed 14 Jun 2017, 06:30

Hey ,  I'm new here.

so i'd like to start by saying that im up to date on all the downloads and updates, my recent being the Version 1.30.105.1010 patch, i have all the expansions and stuff packs the recent being parenthood which was also giving me the infinite screen issue. I moved my old game file and pasted the new one that came in the patch and it solved my infinite loading screen problem.

anyways onto the issue, my game would work perfectly fine through CAS and Build but if I were to try to load onto the lot, the game would just unexpectedly crash. I went onto the forums to try to see if I could find an answer/fix to my problem and the closest I came to was one that said to move the saves , mods, and tray out the Sims 4 folder and see if the game would work. I gave it a try with a randomized sim on a new save file and my sim would load onto the lot perfectly fine without crashes. Then I put my mods folder back in and when I loaded back into the game, the main screen would show that I have NONE of the expansion or stuff packs downloaded which is weird because when I had my mods in before it would show that I have them all. I only download from G4TW when it comes to The Sims 4

Back to top Go down

Game only works without mods Empty Re: Game only works without mods

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 14 Jun 2017, 11:41

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

When it comes to mods, you always have to make sure they're compatible with your game version. If they're outdated, all kinds of funny stuff can happen.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Jun 2017, 13:18

Indeed, when it comes to CC and mods you need to make sure they're compatible. Move them to another folder and add them slowly back. That's the best way to find out what's causing the troubles. Broken script mods normally cause the biggest problems though, so check those ones first. YoOu have the option to disable script mods in the game, so if that undoes the problems, then the cause of them is there. You should also check the sites where you downloaded the mods and see if they're updated or if there are comments regarding them no longer working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top