Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confused on what to click.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Confused on what to click. Empty Confused on what to click.

Post by Guest Wed 02 Aug 2017, 09:09

When I go to move my dlcs to my sims 4 folder it pops up with a message that says "This folder contains files with the same name, do you want to replace or skip these files". if I click skip it doesn't place the files with the same name in the folder and if I click replace it will change what is already in there. I don't know which one I should pick because I don't want to mess anything up. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Confused on what to click. Empty Re: Confused on what to click.

Post by Guest Wed 02 Aug 2017, 10:44

Use Replace.
That will overwrite existing files with a newer version.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 02 Aug 2017, 17:48

dvbledee wrote:When I go to move my dlcs to my sims 4 folder it pops up with a message that says "This folder contains files with the same name, do you want to replace or skip these files". if I click skip it doesn't place the files with the same name in the folder and if I click replace it will change what is already in there. I don't know which one I should pick because I don't want to mess anything up. Thanks.

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

The point of these updates is (as hinted in the included installation guides!), that the updates continue *new* files, which can have the same filenames as files you already have on your computer. And in order to make the *new* files being recognized by the system you have to replace the old files, with the *new* files, indeed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top