Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 Gallery.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 Gallery. Empty The Sims 4 Gallery.

Post by Guest Thu 24 Aug 2017, 23:36

I was thinking maybe we could use a few more hands on deck, given how many people are using the ZlOrigin version of the game now so patch levels are really current. I will do what I can of course, but I worry we might be getting backed up again. I know I have been offline for a while and not able to help but I just took a look a little bit ago and goodness me!

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Gallery. Empty Re: The Sims 4 Gallery.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 25 Aug 2017, 00:33

Sαɳʂα wrote:(...) but I just took a look a little bit ago and goodness me!

I know, right? WhatDidUJustCallMe?

There have been discussions to lock the section (again), temporarily. But part of the 'plan' was to see whether it was a feasible idea to let interested regular users fulfill some requests. There is a regular user Valentina94 who helped out a bit, and another user ithrowknife, who was eventually banned because he was using his own adfly-links, and who responded in the most arrogant manner after he was prompted to refrain from doing so. Let's say the experiment with allowing regular users to post there resulted in a "mixed success".

There has also been a brief conversation between me and @kitty10136, about possible revisions of the TS4 Gallery rules. I myself could not get back to it, because of my own real-life situation. I am planning to be more active myself from now on though.

What I would have suggested is that we try assess the situation, and go from there. See what is needed. Maybe indeed a revision of the Gallery rules again? More Helpers is always good, but then as always it tends to be difficult finding those. The situation nowadays is, with the mostly younger audience, we have to be grateful already if someone is not a brat like the aforementioned "ithrowknife". A.k.a.: it's not feasible to appoint just anybody to the Quartermasters, or even loosen the requirements.

I'll see myself what I can do, if you or anybody else have ideas, feel free to post them here.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Aug 2017, 02:02

I was not aware of the two people you mentioned or the one rotten apple. I have been thinking of what other ways we could do this as well, I will let you know if I come up with anything worthwhile. 

As for the extra helpers, I get the quality over quantity issue, and fully understand that being given part of a section to oversee and work in would be a big undertaking.

The assessment sounds like a good idea for now going forward and maybe we can brainstorm some ideas as we get time. I was not posting this to be antagonistic or difficult, I was just thinking over it and figured that as a team, thoughts like this would be good to share. Thanks for taking the time to respond and fill me in on those things I missed!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 29 Aug 2017, 19:32

For now, with the item limit in place, I was thinking of a "cooldown" period that people have to wait out before requesting new stuff. Maybe a week after the request has been fulfilled/posted by a Helper, people can request 5 more items?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Aug 2017, 23:00

Maybe, or this idea maybe is not great but I just thought of it. Have the Gallery "closed" certain days of the week to give us time to fill the flood of requests alongside your idea.. like maybe closed over a weekend or something, when I know I will have more time for certain.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 05 Sep 2017, 22:00

Mini-update:

- Merged topics to reflect the "1 user = 1 topic" policy better. I will re-check again though, for any users that I missed.
- Due to the merging, some of the links in the list with fulfilled wishes may have become broken, since some links may point to threads which are no longer there. 
- Re-downloading my Origin TS4, so I can eventually start taking some requests myself again.

Now to some more practical issues:

Arrow  Introduce a new sticky in the TS4 Gallery named "report broken links", so that users have an outlet for posting these things? Though additionally, people can of course still post in the respective topics themselves, where the links are broken. This is merely a theoretical suggestion.

Arrow  In the event someone requests more than the 5 items at once, kindly remind them to narrow down their requests. Usually people understand. If not, message me. Very Happy

Arrow  I would suggest adding a new rule for the TS4 Gallery, about a "cooldown phase". That means, after a request has been fulfilled, people have to wait for a certain time, before they can request new items. Maybe 10-14 days?

Arrow I would have also thought to maybe get rid of the sticky with the "upcoming requests". I don't think we are or will be active enough to make such a thing really feasible. Even if I start taking some requests again, maintaining such a list would probably mean more (additional) backstage work and confusion, than the benefit it adds. Of course, it will appease those users who are impatient, but then again. The Gallery rules already state that wishes will be fulfilled when the team has time. Or: it won't appease impatient users at all; they could point out "why is my request NOT on the list?!"...  Shocked

Arrow I looked at how things "are", and it's probably not feasible to clear the backlog. We can make an announcement, and then state that people who haven't gotten a reply yet, can simply bump their existing threads if they are still interested. New users of course still have to open a new thread.

Arrow Finally, maybe also disallow regular users to fulfill requests? I don't know about that, but in this instance, the requests that these two users fulfilled (valentina94 & ithrowknife) were never added to the list of fulfilled wishes, which is one of the reasons a "backlog clearing" would be painful to do. In addition, maybe also try keeping up more on an administrative/moderator level. A.k.a. if the team is not there (the operation of the section cannot be maintained in a reasonable manner), then temporarily close the Gallery.

If I think of anything else, I'll post again. In the meantime, @kitty10136 and @Sαɳʂα, please think about the things I wrote down, and also feel free to post any other concerns or ideas you may have.

Thanks again in advance, and we'll "see" one another again! Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Sep 2017, 18:27

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Mini-update:

- Merged topics to reflect the "1 user = 1 topic" policy better. I will re-check again though, for any users that I missed.
- Due to the merging, some of the links in the list with fulfilled wishes may have become broken, since some links may point to threads which are no longer there. 
- Re-downloading my Origin TS4, so I can eventually start taking some requests myself again.

Now to some more practical issues:

Arrow  Introduce a new sticky in the TS4 Gallery named "report broken links", so that users have an outlet for posting these things? Though additionally, people can of course still post in the respective topics themselves, where the links are broken. This is merely a theoretical suggestion.

Arrow  In the event someone requests more than the 5 items at once, kindly remind them to narrow down their requests. Usually people understand. If not, message me. Very Happy

Arrow  I would suggest adding a new rule for the TS4 Gallery, about a "cooldown phase". That means, after a request has been fulfilled, people have to wait for a certain time, before they can request new items. Maybe 10-14 days?

Arrow I would have also thought to maybe get rid of the sticky with the "upcoming requests". I don't think we are or will be active enough to make such a thing really feasible. Even if I start taking some requests again, maintaining such a list would probably mean more (additional) backstage work and confusion, than the benefit it adds. Of course, it will appease those users who are impatient, but then again. The Gallery rules already state that wishes will be fulfilled when the team has time. Or: it won't appease impatient users at all; they could point out "why is my request NOT on the list?!"...  Shocked

Arrow I looked at how things "are", and it's probably not feasible to clear the backlog. We can make an announcement, and then state that people who haven't gotten a reply yet, can simply bump their existing threads if they are still interested. New users of course still have to open a new thread.

Arrow Finally, maybe also disallow regular users to fulfill requests? I don't know about that, but in this instance, the requests that these two users fulfilled (valentina94 & ithrowknife) were never added to the list of fulfilled wishes, which is one of the reasons a "backlog clearing" would be painful to do. In addition, maybe also try keeping up more on an administrative/moderator level. A.k.a. if the team is not there (the operation of the section cannot be maintained in a reasonable manner), then temporarily close the Gallery.

If I think of anything else, I'll post again. In the meantime, @kitty10136 and @Sαɳʂα, please think about the things I wrote down, and also feel free to post any other concerns or ideas you may have.

Thanks again in advance, and we'll "see" one another again! Very Happy

I like the suggestions because there are times when I can't fulfill requests when I say I would and, for example, now when I have no internet access during the week, I can't fulfill requests as I would like. Also, what about people who request all rooms and lots from a particular creator in addition to four other items. It's painful sometimes to download all these items, I've personally spent almost two hours fulfilling one request because of this. Do we ask them to limit their request to one if they want all rooms and lots?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Sep 2017, 19:03

kitty10136 wrote:
I like the suggestions because there are times when I can't fulfill requests when I say I would and, for example, now when I have no internet access during the week, I can't fulfill requests as I would like. Also, what about people who request all rooms and lots from a particular creator in addition to four other items. It's painful sometimes to download all these items, I've personally spent almost two hours fulfilling one request because of this. Do we ask them to limit their request to one if they want all rooms and lots?

If someone asks for more than the 5 items, kindly ask them to narrow down their wish. As indicated above, we can still discuss about a "cooldown phase", that people have to wait out before they can request new stuff.

Tea 5
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top