Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Think I fixed a way toddlers stuff.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Think I fixed a way toddlers stuff. Empty Think I fixed a way toddlers stuff.

Post by Guest Sun 27 Aug 2017, 14:51

spent all morning working out sims 4 toddlers stuff update but at first i done a new install on a new machine 64bit

first problem after installing everything but toddlers stuff update was origin sorted that by going to c/program files(x86) i changed the name from The Sims 4 to sims 4 and it stopped origin popping up Smile

then i followed instructions in  toddlers stuff and it did not work , lucky for me i keep a back up of sims everytime i do something , so i just copied everything back over so it was like new but had to delete gameversion text. 

so instead of going by what it said in the instructions i copied/pasted everything over apart the actual game folder .... to C/Program Files/Eletronic Arts/Sims 4/Game/Bin from downloads/The Sims 4_Toddlers Stuff/Game/Bin game/bin folder from the torrent folder , i tested still was not working properly so then from the game folder i moved over just the ts4 and ts4_x64 into game folder ,  then copied/ pasted python and res folder , at this point i got the error 3 so then copied / pasted the patch over , i did not rename the folder so i know if you follow this and have saved sims ect they will not work Smile 

but toddlers stuff works now and i will just move over my saved games and mods in a bit Smile

Please do not eat me if this does not work for you but there would seem to be a glitch in the new game folder stopping it starting thats why i worked around all the rldorigin things keeping the ones i know originally worked i suppose i could of renamed folder made a new game folder and copied everything in old game folder and pasted it in the new game folder and done as above and see if i get to keep saved sims ect Smile maybe some one else could try it and reply ... got a slide and big ball pit ect now wooohooo lol

hope that all makes sense to someone Smile

//EDIT

Right i just re-tested on a machine with sims 4 already on and it works Smile i changed the name of a folder to Game___ then made a new folder named it Game then copied and pasted everything over from Game___ to new folder knowing if anything went wrong i could get it back , then basically copied everything over from downloaded toddlers stuff as above do not copy over the things highlighted in blue here Smile

Think I fixed a way toddlers stuff. Captur10 

then added the error code 3 patch and it all works and the saved sims are still there Smile  

only copy the highlighted files below into the the game and bin folder but remember to change the name of the original game folder and make a new one and copy everything from the old game folder to the new one then copy and paste all highlighted files over into new game folder and when asked to copy over agree to all files Smile 

Think I fixed a way toddlers stuff. Captur11
Then go into toddlers stuff only copy and paste the highlighted stuff to your new Game folder

Think I fixed a way toddlers stuff. Captur12
Think I fixed a way toddlers stuff. Captur13

Last edited by munsky on Mon 28 Aug 2017, 12:05; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Think I fixed a way toddlers stuff. Empty Re: Think I fixed a way toddlers stuff.

Post by Guest Sun 27 Aug 2017, 18:26

has this worked for anyone else or am i on my own ? dont forget to add the error 3 patch on after Smile i just wanted to know 100 people have viewed this just wondered if it worked ?  as its worked on 2 different systems here on 32bit and one 64 bit Smile

Back to top Go down

Think I fixed a way toddlers stuff. Empty Re: Think I fixed a way toddlers stuff.

Post by Guest Sun 27 Aug 2017, 18:36

This was already known since Toddlers/Vampires

Back to top Go down

Think I fixed a way toddlers stuff. Empty So I'm kind of dumb...

Post by Guest Sun 27 Aug 2017, 21:04

Could you give step by step instructions on how you did this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Aug 2017, 06:26

I followed what you did in this post. it worked. Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Aug 2017, 09:00

TayMarsh23 wrote:Could you give step by step instructions on how you did this?
first install all packs the sims 4 upto fitness stuff following the instructouns , if you dont have it already installed Smile

now unpack the torrent toddlers stuff dont move everything over as it says in the instructions ...

1.. go to my computer or this pc depending what version of windows your on , right click that and open in new window , goto c/program files/electronic arts/the sims 4 you will see a folder Game right click that and change its name to Game___ then make a new folder by right clicking in the sims 4 folder and you will see new then click folder , name that Game 

2.. now go back to old old game folder which now be Game___ open it up you will see a folder called bin now right click that and copy it then go to new folder called Game and paste the bin inside there..

3.. now you should have 2 windows open one with extracted toddlers stuff and one with your new Game folder in 

4..  in the toddlers folder you will see  _installer , Data , Delta , Game and instructions  right click _installer and copy that then move it into The Sims 4 folder when it asks to replace things press ok or yes then go back to toddlers stuff folder right click Data and do as before paste it into The sims 4 folder and replace everything then go back to toddlers stuff and right click and copy Delta and do the same again in the new the sims 4 folder

5.. now  go to your new game folder open it and you will see a folder called bin open that , then go to toddlers suff folder and open the game folder and the bin folder , both folders should look similar but you will see a less things in toddlers stuff folder ,

6.. now right click python and paste that into your new game / bin folder and when asked to replace everything say yes , now go back to toddlers stuff and right click res folder and copy that then go back to new game / bin folder and paste res in there and when asked to replace agree 

7.. now go back to toddlers stuff still in bin folder copy ts4 and ts4_x64 and paste then into the new game / bin folder  

8 , now you will need to download and extract the error 3 patch when you have done that right click everything in there Rldorigin , simulation.dll and Simulation_x64.dll then you will need to go back to your new game / bin folder and paste them Smile

hope thats a bit easier for you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Aug 2017, 09:13

Why so complicated ?

1. Just delete your old folders Game and Game_
2. Add folder Game from Fitness
3. Install Toddlers Stuff
4. Add the error 3 fix to the folder Game (newly created by installing Toddlers Stuff)
5. If required change language in RldOrigin.ini (as usual)

Or even more simple:
1. Delete existing folder Game (and also Game_ if you have it)
2. Download THIS FOLDER, extract with Winrar and place in your install folder C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Aug 2017, 10:57

?? you do it my way ill do it my way simple , i dont delete folders as when something goes wrong you can back track and find what caused the problem ect start deleting things in the end you will end up installing the game all over again ,

everyone has different ways and i am sharing how i went round it , after all thats what this forum is for isn't it ?? im sorry if my helping has offended you and you feel the need to trash my post , i wont bother again 

all so if it was that easy as you say why is the forum flooded with problems people are having ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Aug 2017, 11:35

munsky wrote:?? you do it my way ill do it my way simple , i dont delete folders as when something goes wrong you can back track and find what caused the problem ect start deleting things in the end you will end up installing the game all over again ,

everyone has different ways and i am sharing how i went round it , after all thats what this forum is for isn't it ?? im sorry if my helping has offended you and you feel the need to trash my post , i wont bother again 

all so if it was that easy as you say why is the forum flooded with problems people are having ?
No hard feelings whatsoever. Please feel free to comment any time you like. I'm not offended at all.

Reason why this forum is flooded with problems ?
Simply because they don't READ the instructions or skip parts in the instructions.

10.) Download and install the torrent The Sims 4: Toddlers Stuff. Don't forget to apply the Error Code 3 Fix as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Aug 2017, 12:02

i installed all sims apart from toddlers stuff never had a problem , i followed instructions in toddlers stuff installed it all and it would not open and i had to copy over with original i had , sadly not everyone copies things so alot of people it has not worked on had to start again to get the same same problem thats why i looked for a patch or repair and on forum people was saying dont bother wait till a better copy comes out , so i sat here for a while trying different things out till i got it working and decided to try and help on here Smile then tried my method on another pc i have and it worked flawless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Aug 2017, 12:50

munsky wrote:i installed all sims apart from toddlers stuff never had a problem , i followed instructions in toddlers stuff installed it all and it would not open and i had to copy over with original i had , sadly not everyone copies things so alot of people it has not worked on had to start again to get the same same problem thats why i looked for a patch or repair and on forum people was saying dont bother wait till a better copy comes out , so i sat here for a while trying different things out till i got it working and decided to try and help on here Smile then tried my method on another pc i have and it worked flawless
I have a lot of things backed up on external HDD's.
But when - according to the instructions in the MUST READ section - one adds the errorcode 3fix to the game folder of Toddlers Stuff, the problems are solved.
(On my Dutch forum I offered a new Game folder instead of this fix, which might have been better on this forum as well)

We also had hundreds of questions after the release of Toddlers/Vampires about the infinite loading of households. Deletion or renaming the file Game and replacing by a new Game folder (separate download) cleared the problem. But even now people still complain about it !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Aug 2017, 13:03

maybe some people cant follow instructions but i been playing computer's since stone age where to make a square ball you would write a million lines in dos lol , my first computer was amiga and a comodore vic20 and when you run a program after sitting there for a week to find out you missed something it made you want to cry lol ... so tap a mouse a few times to install and uninstall things is heaven when i think back how it used to be Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Aug 2017, 13:10

munsky wrote:maybe some people cant follow instructions but i been playing computer's since stone age where to make a square ball you would write a million lines in dos lol , my first computer was amiga and a comodore vic20 and when you run a program after sitting there for a week to find out you missed something it made you want to cry lol ... so tap a mouse a few times to install and uninstall things is heaven when i think back how it used to be Smile
I'm more or less of the same generation My first computer was a Spectrum Z80. Later followed by a BBC.

EDIT:
Topic locked.

- Ageha

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 28 Aug 2017, 18:52

munsky wrote:?i dont delete folders as when something goes wrong you can back track and find what caused the problem ect 

Which is why I actually suggested in the comment here to merely rename the "defective" Game-folder:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-screen-version-1-33-38-1020

At the time the fix was "found", the implications for the future hadn't been clear. And yes, in general it's oftentimes better to not yet delete stuff, and keep it at least until your original problem or concern has been resolved.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top