Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims medieval won't install. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims medieval won't install. [SOLVED] Empty Sims medieval won't install. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 28 Aug 2017, 19:06

Hello,

Lately, I downloaded sims medieval. Because it couldn't recognize my graphics card + cas wuldn't load because I didn't have the fix, I deleted it and tried reinstalling it, before I kenw about the fix - then, it already wouldn't install again. Even though I was sure everything was deleted. (I let my pc search for any file with medieval in it over all my folders and I deleted everythign that didn't belong to the newly downloaded files) Now, I downloaded the fix, okay, and I had to reinstall just the game too, of course. Now...Well, same problem. I deleted everything and still my pc kept saying there's already something installed. Help me.

Back to top Go down

Sims medieval won't install. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims medieval won't install. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 29 Aug 2017, 15:05

Remove previous installations with f.e. Revo Uninstaller (free)

Back to top Go down

Sims medieval won't install. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims medieval won't install. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 29 Aug 2017, 17:39

Okay, I'll try.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 29 Aug 2017, 19:30

Gitte wrote:(I let my pc search for any file with medieval in it over all my folders and I deleted everything that didn't belong to the newly downloaded files) 

Hello and welcome to the Forum first of all,

In general though, that is not how you should normally remove programs in Windows OS. Even if you used the search function that way, there will still be files related to the game, which don't have anything like "Medieval" in their filenames. Such as the stuff under C:\Program files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information.

For the future, try indeed getting to a proper mode of removing installed apps. REVO Uninstaller is a good program, alternatively Games4theworld  also offers a similar program. "Your uninstaller Pro", you can find it on the TPB-account here. After you uninstalled a program, reboot the computer (!), then you can try installing again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Aug 2017, 10:20

Thanks for your answer, but I already uninstalled it with revo and it worked. I've played it for a while yesterday. Fun game so far, shame it didn't get another chance.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 03 Sep 2017, 01:23

Gitte wrote:Thanks for your answer, but I already uninstalled it with revo and it worked. I've played it for a while yesterday. Fun game so far, shame it didn't get another chance.

It's difficult to establish a foothold in the (PC) gaming world with an Medieval-themed game, and with the likes of The Elder Scrolls, Kingdoms of Amalur, and similar more popular titles being prevalent.

That being said, have fun with the game, and feel free to open a new topic anytime again you need support! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top