Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't get out. (Can't save The Sims: Medieval after latest update)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I can't get out. (Can't save The Sims: Medieval after latest update) Empty I can't get out. (Can't save The Sims: Medieval after latest update)

Post by Guest Sun 01 May 2011, 05:54

Hey,
I just want to say thank you for the game advice and I have also installed the Sims Medieval. It works fine especially with the new updated fix, but I have another problem. I'm not sure if it is even the game's fault. I can get into the game perfectly, but it won't let me leave. When I try to save and exit it just cuts the saving and doesn't exit. I tried to press the button but it doesn't work. All of the other buttons work except for "save and quit", "save", and "quit", and the Quests button (It won't come up). I hate to just completely restart my computer because I will loose saved progress. Like I said, I don't know if this is the game's fault, but I was really hoping for a solution to the problem.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

I can't get out. (Can't save The Sims: Medieval after latest update) Empty Re: I can't get out. (Can't save The Sims: Medieval after latest update)

Post by Guest Sun 01 May 2011, 06:32

I'm also having this problem now that i've installed the new fix. Everything runs fine, but I can neither save, nore quit my game.

also - I'll add that after i installed the fix and loaded the game for the first time, a window popped up saying:

Warning: Unable to identify hardware
The game is unable to identify your hardware. Please contact customer support. You may need to adjust your graphics settings manually for optimal quality and performance.

The window didnt show up the second time loading the game but im still having the same problem.

Back to top Go down

I can't get out. (Can't save The Sims: Medieval after latest update) Empty Re: I can't get out. (Can't save The Sims: Medieval after latest update)

Post by Guest Sun 01 May 2011, 06:45

Same here! Im having the same problems as well!! I cant save and exit and this came out as well when i loaded the game:
I can't get out. (Can't save The Sims: Medieval after latest update) Untitl10

It happened to me as soon as i used the ultimate fix 04-30-11. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 May 2011, 06:46

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but still the same thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 May 2011, 07:42

Well, I'm not having the "Unable to Identify Hardware" problem, just the one I mentioned. I do hope you all's problems get solved. It sounds pretty nasty.

Back to top Go down

I can't get out. (Can't save The Sims: Medieval after latest update) Empty The Sims Medieval 1.3.13---Unable to save

Post by Guest Sun 01 May 2011, 12:02

Hi there. I've been having some issues since updating the Sims Medieval to version 1.3.13.

Everything loads fine. I can play for hours and hours, but I can't save my progress. When I click "Save," the screen flashes the usual "saving" screen, but then immediately stops. This happens when I click "Save and Quit" as well. If I hit "Quit," and then ask it to save before quitting--no luck. But it will quit if I tell it not to quit.

I've backed up my saved games and uninstalled The Sims Medieval, then reinstalled and updated it, and applied the crack from the ultimate fix you guys provide. I still can't save my games.

Is anyone else having this problem?? (I searched the forums, but I didn't see anything like this...)

I kind of would like to be able so save my progress, you know? Wink

Thanks!!

//EDIT

LeeonDeeon wrote:Well, I'm not having the "Unable to Identify Hardware" problem, just the one I mentioned.

Same here. Sad face. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 01 May 2011, 12:53

Hello everyone,

I've had the hardware error too after applying the Fix. I haven't tested the saving though, but seen the fact that a lot of people here ánd on the EA forum are complaining about it, it looks like it's an EA bug... again.

It's sad to see EA releasing such a fully bugged game. From the first release it was literally full of bugs. Well, here's a new one.

Anyway, I haven't found a fix yet, but I'll keep looking. We should probably wait until the next update. Meanwhile, you could try this:

1. Backup your savegames.
2. Uninstall the game.
3. Restart your PC.
4. Install the game, but DO NOT apply the crack yet!
5. Apply this Fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t916-the-sims-medieval-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
6. Put back your savegames.
7. See if it works now.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 May 2011, 17:22

didnt work... going to try again to be sure

Edit: Cant re-download the fix. the page loads but when i click to download it wont work. :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 May 2011, 18:46

I got the graphics card message too but I thought it was only because i installed a new graphics card into my system.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 May 2011, 19:57

Someone on the EA forums said that they got it to work after un- and re-installing the game, then installing the patch manually...

I'll try that, then report back. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 May 2011, 20:14

ok, its definately still not working. I still get the graphics card message, and i still cannot save my game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 May 2011, 21:22

yesalmsot wrote:Someone on the EA forums said that they got it to work after un- and re-installing the game, then installing the patch manually...

I'll try that, then report back. Smile

Didn't work. I guess we'll see what EA does about this... Hopefully it won't take too long for them to fix it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 May 2011, 12:00

Has anyone else noticed the following problems?

1. It first shows the unable to identify hardware message. But when I restarted it was gone. Same for my screen settings, they were gone and the option of lessons was on again.
2. My mouse goes nuts when I right click and try to navigate, this only happens when I'm actually playing with a character. For example, when I try to move to the next room I end up on the beach.. It's like my mouse is hyperactive and I am 100% sure this has nothing to do with my mouse. When I'm in 'wachter's oog' modus it's all good.
3. While playing a quest and I get the ? option where I have to choose between options I can't click on it. This simply means being unable to play quests because almost every quest has that task somewhere in it.
4. In creating a sim modus there is the option where you can choose from readymade sims, I don't see any pictures but am still able to click on them.

I get the other problems like saving your game too but I've noticed the problems above as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2011, 06:06

This website looks worth joining... decent admining going on here.

I also had the same problem, my only fix was, install, don't patch, and play with the unpatched version. I tried 3 different installs before I gave up and left it like that. I did NOT try to reboot after reinstalling though.. I don't think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2011, 08:51

Is there a way to patch it to 1.2?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 03 May 2011, 11:56

TheZ wrote:This website looks worth joining... decent admining going on here.

I also had the same problem, my only fix was, install, don't patch, and play with the unpatched version. I tried 3 different installs before I gave up and left it like that. I did NOT try to reboot after reinstalling though.. I don't think.
Hello,

Again, welcome to our Forum!
Did you try patching to v1.2.3, because that one fixed most of the problems with the first unstable / unpatched version. Also, álways reboot after you uninstall something and you want to reinstall it again. It'll delete some leftover files that may interfere with the new installation and still not solve your problem(s).
For now, I recommend éveryone waiting for a new patch or reinstall the game and patch to v1.2. (As described below)

yesalmsot wrote:Is there a way to patch it to 1.2?
I think it ís possible. You just need to do as following:

*Backup your savegames! (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\saves)

1. Uninstall the game.
2. Restart your PC!
3. Reinstall the game, but DO NOT apply the crack yet!
4. Apply the v1.2.3 patch, which can be found here: http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims/patches/TheSimsMedievalPatch_1.2.3.00001_Update.exe
5. Now, we need to apply a crack that works with the v1.2.3 of the game. That crack can be found here (Or look for one yourself, if you don't trust it): www.games4theworld.org/The_Sims_-_Medieval_1.2.3_CRACK_ONLY.rar
6. Start the game and it should work fine now! Good luck!

Ps. Just ignore the launcher if it says that there's an update available!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2011, 18:15

1. It first shows the unable to identify hardware message. But when I restarted it was gone. Same for my screen settings, they were gone and the option of lessons was on again.
2. My mouse goes nuts when I right click and try to navigate, this only happens when I'm actually playing with a character. For example, when I try to move to the next room I end up on the beach.. It's like my mouse is hyperactive and I am 100% sure this has nothing to do with my mouse. When I'm in 'wachter's oog' modus it's all good.
3. While playing a quest and I get the ? option where I have to choose between options I can't click on it. This simply means being unable to play quests because almost every quest has that task somewhere in it.
4. In creating a sim modus there is the option where you can choose from readymade sims, I don't see any pictures but am still able to click on them.

same problems

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2011, 00:05

Hi, I tried to go back to the old patch and now when I go to play it says "the version game you are running is incompatible with the data. Please update your game". How do I fix this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2011, 02:59

@Alyssa did you uninstall before you tried to use the old patch? I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling, then using the patch.

@Admin The 1.2.3 patch with g4tw crack link worked. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2011, 03:11

Yes, I did uninstall the game first, but I kept the save files from the old game could that be it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2011, 05:42

If the saves are from a future version, probably.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2011, 07:02

Hello Everyone

I too have the same problem when I patch it to the latest patch....

what I do notice was that in the saves folder of the latest patch there is no
file name ach.package....which I notice when i manually patch into v1.2.3 which do has the file...

Is this something to do why we can't save or quit??? just asking... scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2011, 07:54

no its not the old saved files because i have the same problem befor i restor then

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 04 May 2011, 11:03

Alyssa wrote:Yes, I did uninstall the game first, but I kept the save files from the old game could that be it?
Hello,

Did you restart your PC after uninstalling? And, did you backup your save file somewhere else than its original location? If not, please do so.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2011, 22:48

I patched it to 1.2, and there doesn't seem to be any problems.

If you do this, too, I just have one small suggestion. The game forces you to do the tutorial again, so I suggest just starting a new kingdom when you start playing. (I started an old game save, and I didn't get very far in the tutorial, because I didn't have the Monarch as one of the playable heroes!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top