Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some CC not showing up in game - Sims 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some CC not showing up in game - Sims 4 Empty Some CC not showing up in game - Sims 4

Post by Guest Fri 01 Sep 2017, 01:29

Hello, fellow Simmers, after reading tons of forum postings and threads, I still haven't been able to figure out what's wrong. I have recently installed Sims 4 and a patch, and I downloaded a crop ton of CC from TSR. After looking online I figured out where I had to put the CC, which would be under C:\Users\----\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods. I put it all there, no folders so I know my problem isn't the resource.cfg file. Also, I didn't install any "remeshed CC" so it's not that either.. I found 2 hairstyles and 1 pair of shoes showing up but thats about it. I downloaded almost 200 files and they're a lil bit of everything, walls, floors, clothing, shoes, hair etc and most of it isn't showing up. Help

Back to top Go down

Some CC not showing up in game - Sims 4 Empty Re: Some CC not showing up in game - Sims 4

Post by Guest Fri 01 Sep 2017, 10:03

Hi there,

You state that you have been installing Sims 4 and a patch. Well, cc is often linked to certain DLC's and if you do not have them in your game, they will not show up. many cc items are re-colors of existing ea-pack items and if you do not have them in game, they wont show.
So you need to know exactly which patch you have to download items for that specific patch. That is one of the reasons why most of us have all the expansion and stuff packs installed.
Hope this explains it a bit.

Back to top Go down

Some CC not showing up in game - Sims 4 Empty Re: Some CC not showing up in game - Sims 4

Post by Guest Fri 01 Sep 2017, 12:53

Loonieloose wrote:Hi there,

You state that you have been installing Sims 4 and a patch. Well, cc is often linked to certain DLC's and if you do not have them in your game, they will not show up. many cc items are re-colors of existing ea-pack items and if you do not have them in game, they wont show.
So you need to know exactly which patch you have to download items for that specific patch. That is one of the reasons why most of us have all the expansion and stuff packs installed.
Hope this explains it a bit.
Hi,

Also adding to the above, some CCs are might not be updated, and thus, will only 'break' your game in future. If say you went to TSR and go to the last page of the download, chances are your CCs will cause problems later on. Missing stuffs, missing interactions, you get the idea. Also, furniture CCs have been causing problems to a couple of simmers so if you have any, test them first. 

recently installed Sims 4 and a patch
If I'm assuming right and you only installed the base game with the update only fix, then as loonieloose mentioned, CCs which are tied together with DLCs/packs will not show up in your game. Do update your game to the latest version (1.33), which is Toddler's Stuff and check again if your CCs are there.

Do keep us updated here. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Sep 2017, 00:45

Hello! 
 I agree with Ageha and Loonieloose. 
I've also downloaded Sims 4 five days ago. You need to download lots of updates (In other words, packs)... You need to get to the "Vampires" update, at least. After that, all of my installed CC showed up. 

Here are all the reasons I've read about this situation: 
-Your game needs to be updated. 

-The CC could be just retextures or recolors. 
-You haven't enabled the mods option in your game options. 
-Your update is good enough, but the CC requires further updates (or like what the replies above me said)

You can fine those updates in G4TW's downloads site.
I can also recommend a channel on Youtube, if you want. 
You can always message me if you have any further questions! I've experienced the same problems too and not so long ago either. 

Note: Some people will tell you that you 'should' put CC in classifying folders, like: Clothing, hairstyles, interactions, etc... But it's not really a requirement or something that you MUST do. It's only to make it easier to search for your mods and stuff, but it's okay if you don't wanna do that. 

Happy simming! Tell us what happens! Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 06 Sep 2017, 22:59

cat.atsoc wrote:I have recently installed Sims 4 and a patch, (...)

Hello,

Not sure if you still need support, but out of curiosity, may I ask what "patch(es)" exactly you installed? Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top