Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The Sims 4 has stopped working" (help!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The Sims 4 has stopped working" (help!) Empty "The Sims 4 has stopped working" (help!)

Post by Guest Tue 05 Sep 2017, 21:10

Hello, I know a lot of other players have experienced this, I have read lots of threads and tried everything recommended on those. I deleted all my mods, reinstalled, nothing seems to help. My drivers are up to date, I play in windowed mode, my laptop meets the requirements for the installation, etc. I previously had the game installed (city living was the last expansion at the time) and it ran fine, then i updated to windows 10 and the rest of the expansions and it keeps crashing, always on living mode (never build). I can build beautiful houses and families but when I'm playing it crashes so it's kind of for nothing Sad please help, what else can I do? (could it be a tray item? I do have houses downloaded from TSR but they never caused problems before). Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

"The Sims 4 has stopped working" (help!) Empty Re: "The Sims 4 has stopped working" (help!)

Post by Guest Tue 05 Sep 2017, 21:25

Ok, try making a Back Up of the Saves folder on The Sims 4 Folder.

I will need your System Specs:

OS, Structure (32 or 64 bits), RAM, Processor, etc...

Then try saving your Mods and any other Tray you want.

1. Try downloading Mod Conflict Detector to see if the problem is caused by any mod.
2. Try downloading Sims 4 Tray Importer and verify all your Households, Sims, etc...

Maybe something is missing and causes lag and a failure.

3. Download a Mod that you can find from Mod The Sims, called Simulation Lag Fix and download the version is compatible with your game.

4. If none of the first works try closing every other program, application or service that is unnecesary.

Check how much RAM is taked when playing and check if something else is using more RAM that it should, you can do that with the Task Manager.

5. Try stablishing a higer priority for The Sims 4. You can do that from the Task Manager on the process tab then right clicking on The Sims 4.

Last edited by iMCrafter on Tue 05 Sep 2017, 21:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing reply)

Back to top Go down

"The Sims 4 has stopped working" (help!) Empty Re: "The Sims 4 has stopped working" (help!)

Post by Guest Tue 05 Sep 2017, 21:37

Oh also, did u verify if isnt your game the problem, like something on the game code is missing, has errors and stuff?

You can verify your game with MD5 Summer and a sums verifier. This you can find it Online.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Sep 2017, 23:16

Here's my info:
windows 10 pro
processor intel celeron cpu 2.16 GHz
ram 4,00 GB
64bits x64

I have the mods conflict detector but it isn't working anymore so I just stopped using mods altogether. I'm gonna download/ try the other suggestions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Sep 2017, 23:22

lady_wraith wrote:Here's my info:
windows 10 pro
processor intel celeron cpu 2.16 GHz
ram 4,00 GB
64bits x64

I have the mods conflict detector but it isn't working anymore so I just stopped using mods altogether. I'm gonna download/ try the other suggestions.
Its acceptable for the specifications, really weird problem u got there.

But yeah, try verifing your game. Let me know. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Sep 2017, 11:09

lady_wraith wrote:Hello, I know a lot of other players have experienced this, I have read lots of threads and tried everything recommended on those. I deleted all my mods, reinstalled, nothing seems to help. My drivers are up to date, I play in windowed mode, my laptop meets the requirements for the installation, etc. I previously had the game installed (city living was the last expansion at the time) and it ran fine, then i updated to windows 10 and the rest of the expansions and it keeps crashing, always on living mode (never build). I can build beautiful houses and families but when I'm playing it crashes so it's kind of for nothing Sad please help, what else can I do? (could it be a tray item? I do have houses downloaded from TSR but they never caused problems before). Thanks in advance.
When you have all DLC's upto and incl. Toddler Stuff installed:

Download NEW GAME FOLDER
Extract with Winrar
Delete the existing folder Game from your install folder Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4
Replace with this downloaded folder Game.

Still problems ?
Try a complete new progress folder in Documents\Electronic Arts
Rename your existing folder The Sims 4 to f.e. The Sims 4_old
Download EMPTY PROGRESS FOLDER
Extract with Winrar
Put the folder in Your Documents\Electronic Arts
(if other than English, then of course change the name accordingly)

Now working OK ?
Copy your Tray, Saves over from The Sims 4_old.

Mod edit: URL shortened.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Sep 2017, 00:16

still crashing  Why God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Sep 2017, 11:17

lady_wraith wrote:still crashing  Why God.
Other than your RAM, make sure your pc has enough memory as well. Your hard drive essentially. If not when you run the game, open up task manager to see that it's not using more memory than intended. Else, try compatibility mode/windowed mode to see if it's able to start up the first time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top