Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems after update 1.33.38.1020. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems after update 1.33.38.1020. [SOLVED] Empty Problems after update 1.33.38.1020. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 10 Sep 2017, 15:46

Hi!

I installed a cracked version of The Sims 4. I have only the base game, no expansions, no mods etc. Firstly i updated the game to 1.0.797.20. Game ran smoothly, no problems. Just saying, that i have done everything said in the instructions. 
Today i installed The Sims 4 UpdateOnlyFix, so to the game version  1.33.38.1020. Now, sadly, my game won't load at the point when i am going to move in my household or trying to play with family. The  plumbob keeps spinning, last time like an hour. It is getting frustrating. When i was creating sims after update, nothing was different than before (except i could make toddlers etc), smooth and fast. No lag. Only when im trying to get to play. 

I installed the update as said, read the other posts etc., but in my case - i dont have any expansion packs. Does it matter? Where could be the problem? 

The Sims 4 folder is in program files (86x). I also back-up'd the sims 4 folder in documents, game created a new one - still nothing.
Please help!  Why. Why. Why God.

Back to top Go down

Problems after update 1.33.38.1020. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problems after update 1.33.38.1020. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Sep 2017, 15:48

kismetkass wrote:Hi!

I installed a cracked version of The Sims 4. I have only the base game, no expansions, no mods etc. Firstly i updated the game to 1.0.797.20. Game ran smoothly, no problems. Just saying, that i have done everything said in the instructions. 
Today i installed The Sims 4 UpdateOnlyFix, so to the game version  1.33.38.1020. Now, sadly, my game won't load at the point when i am going to move in my household or trying to play with family. The  plumbob keeps spinning, last time like an hour. It is getting frustrating. When i was creating sims after update, nothing was different than before (except i could make toddlers etc), smooth and fast. No lag. Only when im trying to get to play. 

I installed the update as said, read the other posts etc., but in my case - i dont have any expansion packs. Does it matter? Where could be the problem? 

The Sims 4 folder is in program files (86x). I also back-up'd the sims 4 folder in documents, game created a new one - still nothing.
Please help!  Why. Why. Why God.

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the Forum @kismetkass,

As the instructions say, the update-only Ultimate Fix gives you the latest base game patch, but no DLC. I know this is confusing for many people, despite the very clear instructions, but it is as it is. You will have to download the actual DLC torrents, in the order laid out in the guide:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Problems after update 1.33.38.1020. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problems after update 1.33.38.1020. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 10 Sep 2017, 15:54

Sorry, not a naive speaker. DLC - downloadable content? So i need to install ALL of the expansion packs etc listed there, or there is no way to get toddlers in game? Because the main reason was that i wanted toddlers.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Sep 2017, 15:56

@kismetkass, try deleting the "game"-folder from where you installed the Sims 4. Then re-copy and re-paste the Update-Only Fix, over the installation. I probably misunderstood your original issue.

Nonetheless Helper @Tarac, yes, that is still outlined in the installation guide as well. That you have to delete/rename the old "game"-folder, before applying the Update-only fix. Next time read the installation guide yourself before posting.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Sep 2017, 16:05

@The_gh0stm4n  its the toddler thing... so as i understand, i can't get toddlers in my game unless i install all the DLC mentioned in the instructions? If it is so, i will do.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Sep 2017, 16:07

kismetkass wrote:@The_gh0stm4n  its the toddler thing... so as i understand, i can't get toddlers in my game unless i install all the DLC mentioned in the instructions? If it is so, i will do.

Toddlers are included in the Update-Only Ultimate Fix. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Sep 2017, 16:10

The discussion between you @The_gh0stm4n  and Tarac made it even more confused.... 
So is the update applicable to the base game or not?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Sep 2017, 16:12

kismetkass wrote:The discussion between you @The_gh0stm4n  and Tarac made it even more confused.... 
So is the update applicable to the base game or not?

Again, you have to go where you installed The Sims 4 to. There you delete the folder "Game". Then you re-copy and re-paste the Update-Only Ultimate Fix. Maybe you have to create a new desktop shortcut. But then try re-starting the game again after that.

The toddlers are part of the base game updates, so for that you don't need DLC.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Sep 2017, 16:22

@The_gh0stm4n 
AMAZING but it helped!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it, because i tried something like that hundred of times.
Million billion thanx to you! I f-d up my brains the whole day Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Carlos is tha man!!! Dedicated to Carlos All Hail Carlos! Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Sep 2017, 16:24

kismetkass wrote:@The_gh0stm4n 
AMAZING but it helped!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it, because i tried something like that hundred of times.
Million billion thanx to you! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Carlos is tha man!!! Dedicated to Carlos All Hail Carlos! Hammertime

Hmm, normally it should have worked on the first try. Very Happy  Also, it seems I misunderstood your first question, so my initial reply was about something different. clown  Feel free to post a new topic on here in case of new issues. Until then, have fun with the game! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top