Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start - user data directory [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start - user data directory [SOLVED] Empty Unable to start - user data directory [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 17 Sep 2017, 12:08

Hi!

I'm having issues with starting the game. I've installed the games up until City Living and decided to try and start it before I continued to install the rest of the games. No matter what I do, I keep getting this message when I try to start the game:

Unable to start - user data directory [SOLVED] <a href=Unable to start - user data directory [SOLVED] 2u7ymwh" />

I have tried starting the game as admin, both the regular TS4 and the TS4_x64, as well as starting them as normal. Neither of them works. What should I do? I've double checked that Origin isn't running in the background as well.

Thank you for any kind help!

Back to top Go down

Unable to start - user data directory [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start - user data directory [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 17 Sep 2017, 17:44

In documents /electronic Arts /the sims 4 is a .txt file for the Game Version. Delete that and try again

Back to top Go down

Unable to start - user data directory [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start - user data directory [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 17 Sep 2017, 17:58

Loonieloose wrote:In documents /electronic Arts /the sims 4 is a .txt file for the Game Version. Delete that and try again
Thank you so much! Let's hope it keeps working throughout the next few installations.  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Sep 2017, 18:13

Plse do not install any Ultimate update only fixes. NEVER E VER. That will delete your DLC's and you must start from scratch. The above mentioned file can be deleted again, if you have the same problem. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Sep 2017, 18:24

Loonieloose wrote:Plse do not install any Ultimate update only fixes. NEVER E VER. That will delete your DLC's and you must start from scratch. The above mentioned file can be deleted again, if you have the same problem. Smile
I'm a beginner to TS4, what are Ultimate update only fixes? And what are DLC's? I've only been playing TS3 with very few issues so far...  Oh my...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Sep 2017, 23:53

DLC's are all your stuff packs etc. All the "stuff" which you download on top of the Base game. the latest here is toddlers stuff. before that is fitness, before that its parenting etc.
The ultimate update only fix is for player's who only want to play with the base game, No DLC;s, which in your case does not apply. It deletes all your DLC's.So, whenever you read something about the ultimate Fix, IGNORE. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Sep 2017, 10:21

Loonieloose wrote:DLC's are all your stuff packs etc. All the "stuff" which you download on top of the Base game. the latest here is toddlers stuff. before that is fitness, before that its parenting etc.
The ultimate update only fix is for player's who only want to play with the base game, No DLC;s, which in your case does not apply. It deletes all your DLC's.So, whenever you read something about the ultimate Fix, IGNORE. Very Happy
Ohhhh, okay! Thank you! I'll remember that. 

My game works now, but I can't access any lots or families (like a few others in the different threads) so I'm not sure what to do now. I can get into CAS and create a family, but the minute I try to open a lot I get an endless loading screen. Do you know what could be wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Sep 2017, 18:36

This happened after parenthood. In the instructions it states that after parenthood you have to delete the game folder, before installing fitness after that. Maybe you could do that now, and install the game folder from your latest pack? This is in
C drive: Program files (x86) The sims 4 / Game

07.) After you installed the 'Toddler'-update, please go under the folder of where you installed your The Sims 4 game to. You will see a "Game"-folder. You should now rename the folder, into anything you like. For example, Game_ (see the screenshot below). Alternatively you can also move out the "Game"-folder, or delete it.

Unable to start - user data directory [SOLVED] Screen14

08.) Download and install the torrent The Sims 4: Parenthood

09.) You should now apply the torrent The Sims 4: Fitness Stuff  (regardless of whether you applied the previous 1.30.105.1010 update).

10.) Download and install the torrent The Sims 4: Toddlers Stuff. Don't forget to apply the Error Code 3 Fix as well.

Hope this helps Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Sep 2017, 16:19

The original author had his infinite loading problem solved in this topic (let me search...) here -> https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t31723-endless-loading-screen

I'll be closing this topic for now, and do PM me should you wish to have it open (in case you had more problems/bugs later on).

Cheers!

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top