Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the order of things? (install)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the order of things? (install) Empty the order of things? (install)

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jan 2012, 07:50

alright so, i decided to start off on a clean slate with sims 3 cause it hasn't been working for me no matter what i do.

here's what i intend to install: (this is all from torrents)
sims 3 base game (RELOADED cause G4TW's didn't have enough seeds)
pets (G4TW)
late night (G4TW)
world adventures (G4TW)
ambitions (G4TW)
town life stuff (G4TW) - maybe

how do i go about installing and patching all this? cause i've tried and tried and i guess i need an idiot's guide.

1) install base game
2) crack it? or no crack?
3) install expansions. what order though? and do i follow the directions in the torrents to the tee?
4) crack em?
5) Sims Fix (do i have to download origins somewhere before this?)
6) and where does patching to the current version come in? and do i need to patch the expansions?

do i have to download and extract the expansion torrents in a specific folder? cause there's A LOT of files but we only actually use the exe file. and after everything's said and done can i simply access the game from my mounted disc? cause there's too many shortcuts all around my computer >< and iunno which to click.

and if later on i wanna add other expansions what do i do?

help? i've literally been trying to properly install for 2 days. haven't played at all yet ><
thank you so much!!

EDIT: running a window 7 if that helps...

Back to top Go down

the order of things? (install) Empty Re: the order of things? (install)

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 19 Jan 2012, 08:15

Hello,
Its quite simple actually, this post will tell you all you need to know.
You don't need Origin, but you'll have to patch manually if you don't install it.
If you have further questions, please let us know!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jan 2012, 18:24

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
Its quite simple actually, this post will tell you all you need to know.
You don't need Origin, but you'll have to patch manually if you don't install it.
If you have further questions, please let us know!

hihi, thanks for the link. just to make sure though. the order goes

1- install base game (mount and install) but do you crack it?
2- install pets (crack or no crack?)
3- other expansions, and i know you dont crack late night but what about the others? and does the order matter? also, since there are so many files in after the extraction but we only end up using the exe, do we perhaps have to download and extract the expansions to a specific directory?
4- apply the fix.
this paragraph confuses me "So this means: only apply the included crack for Pets/Town Life Stuff/Generations (They share the same crack) and NO other cracks. Only use the files which are included in the Fix. The Town Life Stuff/Generations/Pets crack should be copied to your The Sims 3 base game's installation folder and not to your expansions' installation folder(s); note that!" -> does this apply to during the fix, before or? does it mean that when you're on the fix step you only do the crack for pets/tls/gen which is in the #crack folder?
5- and when do i do the manual patch?

sorry for the total noob behavior. i've just been installing and installing to no avail so i just wanna make sure this time.
thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 19 Jan 2012, 19:03

Hello,
No problem, we were all new at this at some point,
Ok here's the best thing to do: Install base game, then use the manual patch I gave you before. Now, install Pets and any other expansion you like. Don't use any cracks at all during this time.
After you've installed everything, open the fix and apply step 15 (the crack).
As for your question about extracting the expansions, you can extract them anywhere you like. I usually have a folder specifically to store those kind of files.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jan 2012, 20:11

Ok here's the best thing to do: Install base game, then use the manual patch I gave you before. Now, install Pets and any other expansion you like. Don't use any cracks at all during this time.
As for your question about extracting the expansions, you can extract them anywhere you like. I usually have a folder specifically to store those kind of files.

alright, thank you so much. so just execute the exe files and dont touch anything else until step 15 (i still do the fixes for the other expansion packs right?).
and does it matter what version of the base game i download? g4tw, reloaded, or razor 1911?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 19 Jan 2012, 20:23

sayayan wrote:

alright, thank you so much. so just execute the exe files and dont touch anything else until step 15 (i still do the fixes for the other expansion packs right?).
and does it matter what version of the base game i download? g4tw, reloaded, or razor 1911?
Hello,

No, the version you use doesn't matter, as long as it's not modified. Games4theworld, Reloaded and Razor 1911 are all non-modified.
Yes, just use the .exe files to start the installation and use a serial code from the included "# Installation Guide.txt" when needed.

Lady ElDi suggested to do the manual patch in the beginning, I recommend doing it as last, so like this:

- Install everything you like, as described above. (Just run .exe files)
- When you've installed everything, apply the manual patch.
- Now, download the The Sims 3 Ultimate Fix and open the "# Crack" folder inside it.
- Inside the "# Crack" folder, you'll see another folder. Open that one too. You'll now see a .dll file and a .exe file. Drag & drop those two files to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin .

- A pop-up should appear, telling you those files already exist in that folder. Just choose "Replace".
- Start the game and... ENJOY playing!

Please let us know the result!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jan 2012, 20:41

Admin wrote:
Hello,

No, the version you use doesn't matter, as long as it's not modified. Games4theworld, Reloaded and Razor 1911 are all non-modified.
Yes, just use the .exe files to start the installation and use a serial code from the included "# Installation Guide.txt" when needed.

Lady ElDi suggested to do the manual patch in the beginning, I recommend doing it as last, so like this:

- Now, download the The Sims 3 Ultimate Fix and open the "# Crack" folder inside it.
- Inside the "# Crack" folder, you'll see another folder. Open that one too. You'll now see a .dll file and a .exe file. Drag & drop those two files to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin .

- A pop-up should appear, telling you those files already exist in that folder. Just choose "Replace".

alright, thank you both so much! and i feel like an idiot but there's just one more thing i'd like to clarify. on the ultimate fix step, do i ignore the other expansion packs? all i do is go to the #crack and replace that regardless of what other expansion packs i have?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 19 Jan 2012, 20:45

sayayan wrote:
Admin wrote:
Hello,

alright, thank you both so much! and i feel like an idiot but there's just one more thing i'd like to clarify. on the ultimate fix step, do i ignore the other expansion packs? all i do is go to the #crack and replace that regardless of what other expansion packs i have?
Hello,

You're welcome!
Yes, if you just installed everything, without applying any cracks, you can skip all the other instructions from the Fix and only need the "# Crack" folder. (But only after updating the game using the manual patch!)
Don't hesitate to let us know if you need any more assistance!

Awaiting the result.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jan 2012, 21:21

i'll let you guys know when i get around to installing it. i have to reformat cause my computer is BSOD -ing me. D;

thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 19 Jan 2012, 22:14

sayayan wrote:i'll let you guys know when i get around to installing it. i have to reformat cause my computer is BSOD -ing me. D;

thanks again!
Hello,

Note that BSoD's are caused by hardware failure most of the times. Check your system's hardware (Open up PC case). You might also want to clean your case from the inside. For example using a duster. But be careful not damaging anything.
Also, try taking out for example 1 RAM chip. If the problem persists, try taking out the other one.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Feb 2012, 22:16

Can I ask quickly

Is there any specific order of installation for the expansion packs or can I install them in any order I want?

Thanks a load!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012, 00:01

The link Lady ElDi gave you say you must install Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, or Generations first then any other ones you like. Correct me if i'm wrong admin Very Happy Very Happy The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 23 Feb 2012, 16:59

ABlueChimpanzee wrote:Can I ask quickly

Is there any specific order of installation for the expansion packs or can I install them in any order I want?

Thanks a load!!!
Hello,

I hope you didn't miss the big, red, bold letters on the frontpage: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Feb 2012, 00:45

I hope you didn't miss the big, red, bold letters on the frontpage:

LOL lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top