Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Screenshots not saving [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Screenshots not saving [SOLVED] Empty Screenshots not saving [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 26 Sep 2017, 00:34

Hi

So I have run into the problem of my screenshots not saving. I am not entirely sure when this problem began, but I do remember having access to my screenshots of some toddlers and vampires. 

I have tried moving my Screenshots folder to my desktop and letting the game make a new one, but nothing changed. 
I have also tried moving the entire The Sims 4 folder to my desktop and still no screenshots. 

In game when I go to screenshot manager, only the latest taken screenshot is the correct picture, ones taken before are blank and when clicked on have the llama image. 

I have no idea why I suddenly can't access my screenshots. In game, the notification comes saying it has been saved to the folder, folder says it is empty.

Back to top Go down

Screenshots not saving [SOLVED] Empty Re: Screenshots not saving [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 26 Sep 2017, 10:49

Moving your screenshots folder out of The Sims 4 folder will create a new folder screenshots in the folder The Sims 4, so it's obvious that you now only have the last ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Sep 2017, 10:55

You don't understand. My screenshots aren't saving. None of them. I go play, take a few screenshots and none of them appear in my screenshots folder. I only moved the Screenshot folder to maybe fix the issue but still no screenshots anywhere. The info about only the last one showing was in game, when I open screenshot manager from camera options. Plus my screenshots folder was empty to begin with when I moved it.

EDIT: fixed my wording, so it's more clear what I'm trying to say

Last edited by gemmst0ne on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 20:19; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Sep 2017, 14:52

Why did you move the folder Screenshots out of User\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 ?
I can only suggest to move it back.
Moving the folder The Sims 4 out of the above mentioned location to your desktop is complete useless as a new folder will be created in that location as soon as you start the game again.
Don't expect screenhots to appear in the folder on your desktop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Sep 2017, 20:14

I moved it because somewhere else someone was facing the same problem and they were told to do that, that it could help if the game makes a new folder. 
I have not said anything about expecting my screenshots to appear in the folder on my desktop. 
I want the screenshots to appear in my Screenshots folder in my The Sims 4 folder that is in the correct place where it should be, where it is for you and everyone else. But they don't. That is my problem. No screenshots in the correct folder or any folder for that matter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Sep 2017, 10:07

The correct folder should be User\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and nowhere else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Sep 2017, 13:45

Hi @gemmst0ne,

Are you currently running the game on Win 8 or Win 10? If it's the latter, make sure that you have OneDrive disabled, or alternately check that your screenshots aren't saving to OneDrive instead.

My screenshots folder are mostly filled with 'selfies' or pictures taken from the sims' phones.
Do keep us updated and perhaps I'll test the screenshot on my end as well! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Sep 2017, 15:22

@Polarbear I know full well where the correct folder is. 

@Ageha I am running the game on Win 10. My OneDrive is not signed in and I have checked its folders, but they don't have them either. 
I went into game, took a selfie, a normal picture with my sims' phone, also a screenshot and another that I made into a memory. None of them appeared in the Screenshot folder. It says it's empty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Sep 2017, 15:45

gemmst0ne wrote:@Polarbear I know full well where the correct folder is. 

@Ageha I am running the game on Win 10. My OneDrive is not signed in and I have checked its folders, but they don't have them either. 
I went into game, took a selfie, a normal picture with my sims' phone, also a screenshot and another that I made into a memory. None of them appeared in the Screenshot folder. It says it's empty.
Hi,

Unfortunately, my screenshots did appear (I just pressed 'C' and the pop-ups appear and all that jazz), went to my Documents folder and it's there. Now, rather than just the screenshot folder, did you try renaming your current Sims 4 folder to say, sims4backup, run with a new game and see if the screenshots appear?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Sep 2017, 16:21

The same thing happens to me in game. It says the screenshot is taken, but it does not appear in the folder. 
Also I have tried renaming my Sims 4 folder, didn't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Sep 2017, 16:32

gemmst0ne wrote:The same thing happens to me in game. It says the screenshot is taken, but it does not appear in the folder. 
Also I have tried renaming my Sims 4 folder, didn't work.
Hmm. That is odd, can you arrange anything inside the screenshots folder, by date or modified and see if the newer ones appeared?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Sep 2017, 17:29

There are no screenshots in the folder so there really isn't any point in arranging them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Sep 2017, 17:34

gemmst0ne wrote:There are no screenshots in the folder so there really isn't any point in arranging them.
Sadly, I have no definite solutions to suggest other than the workarounds I mentioned. What about restarting your pc AFTER taking the screenshots? 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Sep 2017, 18:04

When there are no screenshots in folder Screenshots, I'm pretty sure you're looking in the wrong The Sims 4 (or Los Sims, Die Sims or whatever the foldername in your language is)
Search your computer on screenhots, you'll probably find more folders than expected.
(In Windows 10, click on the magnifying glass left bottom of your taskbar)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Sep 2017, 19:20

Update:
Are your saves files being detected as per normal? A user had their saved data (EA) folder in another path file, so perhaps you can check if there's any other user profile on your pc?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Sep 2017, 19:52

@Ageha I have only one user. I think I'm going to give up and re-install and hope for the best. 

@Polarbear I did a computer wide search, there is nothing. As I said before, my screenshots saved to the correct folder when I was playing with vampires and toddlers aka before I installed Parenthood and the packs that came after that, so I'm pretty sure I am looking at the right folder. And there are no screenshots in the folder, because I had deleted the ones I had there before and new ones aren't showing up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Sep 2017, 20:33

Are you saving them as a memory? One person on the official forums said that if you choose to save them as a memory they tend to not save in the screenshot folder. If you have memories enabled, try to turn it off and see if they start saving after that.

If that doesn't work, maybe just try to reinstall your game.

Hope that helps WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Sep 2017, 02:21

UPDATE:
I re-installed the entire game. Luckily it fixed the problem. 
Thank you everyone for trying to help me. 

I do still wonder why my screenshots stopped saving though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Sep 2017, 13:12

gemmst0ne wrote:UPDATE:
I re-installed the entire game. Luckily it fixed the problem. 
Thank you everyone for trying to help me. 

I do still wonder why my screenshots stopped saving though.
Hey,

Ah. I'm glad re-installing the entire game (although tedious I'm sure) manages to fix the bug. The only thing I know that this bug is even found on the origin game so EA must not have found the fix for it yet.
Feel free to open a new topic should you have any other problems or bugs later on.
Cheers and have fun!

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top