Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Pets Crash Help![SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Pets Crash Help![SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 Pets Crash Help![SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jan 2012, 00:10

Ok, so after playing the Sims 3 for a while I decided it was time to get some of the expansions, so I downloaded all of the Sims 3 games and expansions and installed them. I followed the instructions exactly and it seemed like everything was working, I applied both the cracks and the fixes for every game in the correct directory(double checked just to make sure) but when I launch the Sims 3 the loading screen is missing the Sims logo and when the text is supposed to scroll by along the bottom there is just a while line that goes across instead. When I get to the selection screen it lets me choose a saved game or create a new game, but it crashes about midway through the loading screen. I've already added all the .EXEs to the DEP(I think it's called) and re-installed my video drivers as well as directx. It seems to me like it would be a video driver issue or maybe some missing files? I really have no idea what else I can do to fix this, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Admin edit: Topic moved to right section.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Pets Crash Help![SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Pets Crash Help![SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 20 Jan 2012, 08:36

Hello,
If you're sure your video drivers are up to date, maybe your videocard has issues with Pets. moreThis page can tell you more, make sure to pick "The sims 3 Pets" from the drop down menu, not "The Sims 3".
If this comes up OK, look at your mods/cc first. If you have any, please remove them from the mods folder for now and try to start the game.
You can also have a look here for more crashing solutions.
Please let us know the result!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Pets Crash Help![SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Pets Crash Help![SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jan 2012, 22:30

I exceed all system requirements, I don't have any mods, I disabled custom content anyway, and I already tried all the fixes on that page! What do I do now? Is there any other option than having to uninstall and re-install ALL of the games??

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 20 Jan 2012, 22:33

Hello,

Reinstalling isn't going to fix crashing issues.
Try removing all the CC, just to be sure. (So not disabling them, but completely removing them from the game's folder(s))

Also, when adding the .exe files to the DEP, watch the instructions video on the same page on how to add ALL of the .exe files to the DEP. It's very important that you add all of them.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jan 2012, 23:09

I don't have any custom content whatsoever, there's nothing to delete. Also I have already added all of the .exes to the DEP, and watched the video on how to do so. Any other suggestions?
P.S. - I also noticed that some of the words and icons in the options menu are missing.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 21 Jan 2012, 08:33

Hello,
Did you install the game in English?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2012, 15:20

Yup.

//EDIT

Are there any other suggestions? If not I may just try and reinstall the
game as I think that maybe some of the files didn't install right, it
may have been just a one time thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 21 Jan 2012, 15:28

Jetaj1 wrote:Yup.

//EDIT

Are there any other suggestions? If not I may just try and reinstall the
game as I think that maybe some of the files didn't install right, it
may have been just a one time thing.
Hello,

Since you say some menu options don't show up, this might be an (corrupt) installation issue.
Try as following, please:

1. Completely uninstall The Sims 3.
2. Restart your PC.
3. Reinstall the game as following: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
4. See if it works.

Awaiting the result, good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2012, 21:13

Ok, so I reinstalled and it works now XD However I can't update from 1.26 to 1.29 because of invalid files(cracks I'm guessing) I was going to replace the cracked files with the originals, update and then re-crack, but I'm too afraid it will stop working again, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 21 Jan 2012, 21:24

Hello,

Don't worry, the "Invalid File" error can be fixed easily by applying this manual patch: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v129-fix-manual-patch

After updating, you only need the to apply the crack from the Fix, which is located in the "# Crack" folder. You do not need to re-apply the original files, as the patch will do that for you.
Good luck!

Awaiting the result.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2012, 21:38

Ok, downloading the manual patch now... this might take a while, I'm downloading at a whopping 45 kb/s I'll let you know as soon as I'm done.

//EDIT

So I downloaded the patch and applied it and voila, everything is working great XD tyvm for your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 22 Jan 2012, 09:19

Hello,
Good to hear your game is working now.
Don't hesitate to let us know if you have questions or problems in the future!
Topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top