Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some text missing normal question. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some text missing normal question. [SOLVED] Empty Some text missing normal question. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 09 Oct 2017, 06:27

there is some opstions that do not show text and sometimes it can happen when a sim call my sim
Example
Some text missing normal question. [SOLVED] Sdsdsd10

its not a real problem but sometimes i may need to know what option is this
all updates downloaded from G4TW Expect the game base was downloaded from kickass site before i found G4TW site
using the game folder to fix game not showing the wolrd Map

Back to top Go down

Some text missing normal question. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Some text missing normal question. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:28

Hi there.

It looks like a missing language string which shows up right around the Vampire update. But installing Parenthood should have fixed the bug. Do you have any mods/CCs ? If yes, try moving them out and see if that helps.

Back to top Go down

Some text missing normal question. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Some text missing normal question. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017, 12:54

i removed the mods but looks same
i wonder if i have language file missing or something
or it could be because the save game and files used in toddlers update then used right away in toddlers stuff update without being used and the 2 updates between ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017, 13:21

The language file should be updated, as I mentioned after you've installed Parenthood, as it is included in the .rar. I have zipped the languages files for you, and just copy the contents to your GP04 folder.
*Link removed*

Last edited by Ageha on Wed 11 Oct 2017, 13:15; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017, 13:57

i dont know if this really could be a problem or not
Some text missing normal question. [SOLVED] Sdsdsd10

i did added the language flies in GP04 folder
i feel very confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017, 14:13

Hmm. So some texts are still missing? Have you tried re-installing the game or renaming your current folder in Documents to Sims4backup and then start the game again. 

Alternatively, in the Sims 4 base folder, click the The_Sims_4_Setup.exe (when you first install the base game) and choose repair, see if that fixes anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017, 18:10

i will see a new game
there is no way i can download the whole files again it will take very very long time on 256K connection speed

//EDIT

nothing changed i think i will give up and wait the next update of cats and dogs it might fix the game
i hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 12:38

Have you applied the language files from your PM ?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 13:16

Hi, 

I'd suggest, if you can to download the game again and then keep the .rar in the future. So you don't need to download everything all over again. Also, could you screenshot your Sims 4 folder so we can just double check?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Oct 2017, 00:44

Polarbear wrote:Have you applied the language files from your PM ?)
yes and still same thing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Oct 2017, 00:47

Ageha wrote:Hi, 
I'd suggest, if you can to download the game again and then keep the .rar in the future. So you don't need to download everything all over again. Also, could you screenshot your Sims 4 folder so we can just double check?
i could not keep the rar files because the low storage space i got
and yes i can download the whole game again its only matter of 5 to 20 days at most Very Happy
is this the screenshot
Some text missing normal question. [SOLVED] Untitl10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Oct 2017, 11:06

Judging from the picture, the TS4 Language Strings were not fully downloaded. It's listed as a part.file (= incomplete)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Oct 2017, 13:34

Dandelion wrote:Judging from the picture, the TS4 Language Strings were not fully downloaded. It's listed as a part.file (= incomplete)
@Michael_vx

Adding to what Dandelion mentioned, I'm not too familiar with cheat codes saved as a file. Perhaps you can also move out those that don't belong under the Sims 4 installation folder? Else, do try downloading the language files again. If, by chance you need to rename the .part to .rar, do so and see if you are able to extract them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Nov 2017, 09:53

Dandelion wrote:Judging from the picture, the TS4 Language Strings were not fully downloaded. It's listed as a part.file (= incomplete)
that i think was the file i tried to download from your PM but it failed in first time and i forget to delete
Ageha wrote:
@Michael_vx

Adding to what Dandelion mentioned, I'm not too familiar with cheat codes saved as a file. Perhaps you can also move out those that don't belong under the Sims 4 installation folder? Else, do try downloading the language files again. If, by chance you need to rename the .part to .rar, do so and see if you are able to extract them.
the codes in text added by me so i dont search and lose where they are I tip my fedora.
this how the game files with out my files that i was adding

Some text missing normal question. [SOLVED] Untitl11

GP04 folder
Some text missing normal question. [SOLVED] Untitl12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Nov 2017, 11:01

Hmm. Not sure if it made any difference or anything but my Sims 4 folder (with all DLCs at v1.33) is currently : 22.2GB, 1,332 files and 147 folders.

Perhaps you can try re-installing the game again using G4TW base OR repair the game with ZLOrigin (this will make you use ZLOrigin as your main however).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Nov 2017, 19:29

i have no idea about ZLOrigin
im starting to re download the whole game from the base game
this should take no more than 10 days to download all packs and everything again
thanks so much for the help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Nov 2017, 12:43

Michael_vx wrote:i have no idea about ZLOrigin
im starting to re download the whole game from the base game
this should take no more than 10 days to download all packs and everything again
thanks so much for the help
I see. I'm sorry that I couldn't be of actual help honestly. 
Do update us here whenever should re-installing the game helps OR by some (powerful miracle) there is actually a simple solution. Lol.
Till then, cheers! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Nov 2017, 11:26

i hope its only me here have that problem
Some text missing normal question. [SOLVED] Untitl13

and i have feeling redownload and install the whole game will fix it
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Nov 2017, 20:53

That download speed is similar to what we have here. I always dread the new stuff/game packs. Takes ages to download. Smile 2 days for 3GB is no exception!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Nov 2017, 21:27

@Ageha
the installer refuse to install game telling me not Enough space and i have like 60 GB free space on the selcted drive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Nov 2017, 23:11

Michael_vx wrote:@Ageha
the installer refuse to install game telling me not Enough space and i have like 60 GB free space on the selcted drive
the installer force install in C:\ which in my case was full
even if i try change the install path it keeps forcing C:\
it was hard to free space in C:\
please look after that and fix this allowing install path to be changed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Nov 2017, 12:26

Hi @Michael_vx ,

By default, the game will be installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts and that, you can't change during the initial setup. Only after installing the base game, then you can move the Sims 4 folder anywhere to your liking. I'd suggest try clearing at least 10GB of space before you install the base game OR, try to download a repack version that enables you to install the game wherever. If I'm not mistaken, I think FitGirl's repack allows you to do that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Nov 2017, 16:34

Ageha wrote:Hi @Michael_vx ,

By default, the game will be installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts and that, you can't change during the initial setup. Only after installing the base game, then you can move the Sims 4 folder anywhere to your liking. I'd suggest try clearing at least 10GB of space before you install the base game OR, try to download a repack version that enables you to install the game wherever. If I'm not mistaken, I think FitGirl's repack allows you to do that.
it was real hard job to free the needed space in C:\
now im downloading the update packs Smile
I tip my fedora.
i will keep you in touch after i download all updates

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Feb 2018, 09:20

this topic is solved
when i installed the whole game over again it was solved
sorry about the late to say

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 13 Feb 2018, 19:03

Problem solved, topic closed. Indeed, re-installing from scratch should give you all language packs (and the missing interactions).

Have fun!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top