Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CRC errors. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CRC errors. [SOLVED] Empty CRC errors. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 22 Oct 2017, 05:16

I downloaded everything from here, the base game and the expansions (no stuff). I've been following the guide https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly# - Base game, manual patch, install the expansions you want. I have Ultimate Fix too and replaced the files I could already. I succesfuly installed some, however I keep getting CRC errors for Ambitions, Generations, Island Paradise, and Into the Future. When I try to do University Life it asks for a disk and I don't see an .iso in the folder nor is that mentioned in the instructions included. I've looked around, tried different things people have tried and no luck so I decided to make an account to get some help.

Back to top Go down

CRC errors. [SOLVED] Empty Re: CRC errors. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 30 Oct 2017, 22:26

missmint wrote:I downloaded everything from here, the base game and the expansions (no stuff). I've been following the guide https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly# - Base game, manual patch, install the expansions you want. I have Ultimate Fix too and replaced the files I could already. I succesfuly installed some, however I keep getting CRC errors for Ambitions, Generations, Island Paradise, and Into the Future. When I try to do University Life it asks for a disk and I don't see an .iso in the folder nor is that mentioned in the instructions included. I've looked around, tried different things people have tried and no luck so I decided to make an account to get some help.

Welcome to the Forum @missmint and sorry again for the belated reply, WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Games4theworld generally packs all their uploads in the .rar file format. This format is best extracted with the program WinRAR. You can find WinRAR (5.40) on the downloads-page, or alternatively HERE.

The way you do this is to create separate folders for each expansion/stuffpack you want to install. So one for e.g. Ambitions, another one for Island paradise, etc. You get the idea. You have to extract the contents of a .rar file, into one specific folder, and install that DLC, from said folder. Then extract the next .rar, into a NEW (!) folder, install again from there, etc. Rinse and repeat with the rest.

Good luck!  Looking for bad joke
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Oct 2017, 22:34

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
missmint wrote:I downloaded everything from here, the base game and the expansions (no stuff). I've been following the guide https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly# - Base game, manual patch, install the expansions you want. I have Ultimate Fix too and replaced the files I could already. I succesfuly installed some, however I keep getting CRC errors for Ambitions, Generations, Island Paradise, and Into the Future. When I try to do University Life it asks for a disk and I don't see an .iso in the folder nor is that mentioned in the instructions included. I've looked around, tried different things people have tried and no luck so I decided to make an account to get some help.

Welcome to the Forum @missmint and sorry again for the belated reply, WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Games4theworld generally packs all their uploads in the .rar file format. This format is best extracted with the program WinRAR. You can find WinRAR (5.40) on the downloads-page, or alternatively HERE.

The way you do this is to create separate folders for each expansion/stuffpack you want to install. So one for e.g. Ambitions, another one for Island paradise, etc. You get the idea. You have to extract the contents of a .rar file, into one specific folder, and install that DLC, from said folder. Then extract the next .rar, into a NEW (!) folder, install again from there, etc. Rinse and repeat with the rest.

Good luck!  Looking for bad joke

Unfortunately I did that with WinRAR and I am still asked for a disc for University and get CRC errors with  Ambitions, Generations, Island Paradise, and Into the Future.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 30 Oct 2017, 22:49

If you want to play the game now, you can/should re-apply steps #2, #4 and #5 here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Make sure to copy/paste those Ultimate Fix-files into the correct location and also to actually replace the existing files!

As for the expansions that don't work for you, I hope you downloaded them 100% in your torrent client? (you wouldn't believe how many people haven't). If you have though, and you also have the torrents running as "seeding", try the little trick here. Right-click on a TS3 torrent that is seeding in your client and choose "STOP". Right-click again and choose "Force re-check". This can take a little while to complete, but when it's done try re-extracting with WinRAR and then try installing again.

If this trick with the Force re-check doesn't work for you it may be necessary that you re-download those dysfunctional torrents, but this time with a different torrent client than the one you used previously.

I'm so happy emergaw
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Nov 2017, 22:04

The_gh0stm4n wrote:If you want to play the game now, you can/should re-apply steps #2, #4 and #5 here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Make sure to copy/paste those Ultimate Fix-files into the correct location and also to actually replace the existing files!

As for the expansions that don't work for you, I hope you downloaded them 100% in your torrent client? (you wouldn't believe how many people haven't). If you have though, and you also have the torrents running as "seeding", try the little trick here. Right-click on a TS3 torrent that is seeding in your client and choose "STOP". Right-click again and choose "Force re-check". This can take a little while to complete, but when it's done try re-extracting with WinRAR and then try installing again.

If this trick with the Force re-check doesn't work for you it may be necessary that you re-download those dysfunctional torrents, but this time with a different torrent client than the one you used previously.

I'm so happy emergaw
I got everything now, thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 06 Nov 2017, 19:08

missmint wrote:I got everything now, thanks.

Nice to hear! Feel free to open a new topic, and get in touch with us anytime if you need more Support. Until then, have fun with the game! Problem solved, topic closed.

I tip my fedora.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top