Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update: Got the games installed, but getting two new errors. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Update: Got the games installed, but getting two new errors. [SOLVED] Empty Update: Got the games installed, but getting two new errors. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 10 Sep 2012, 02:00

This is the error I get when trying to install the sims 3 base game...

Sad I dunno how to fix Sad

Also...it wouldn't let me post this before? ><;

Edit:

I found some time to attach a picture. It shows that I'm browsing and that there's two mounted images. I've tried selecting both...am I missing something? Each one comes up with the error that it cannot find the specified path.

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/526/unspecifiedpath.jpg/

//EDIT

I FIXED IT!!!!!!!! ALL BY MYSELF! *happy dance*

//EDIT

Annnd now I dunno how to get world adventures to install...says it needs to update...cry

//EDIT

sooo...I've got my games installed that I want...but i'm getting two errors.

One
says that my launcher is missing a windows component to function
properly. The other says that I'm using game modifications that I should
install. I can't actually get into CAS...mostly cuz I can't get past
the loading screen without crashing.

Last edited by Admin on Mon 10 Sep 2012, 18:36; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Combined multi-posts -Dracos66)

Back to top Go down

Update: Got the games installed, but getting two new errors. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Update: Got the games installed, but getting two new errors. [SOLVED]

Post by Dracos66 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 07:02

Ok first off, please dont multi post about the same issue, use the edit button. It makes it easier for us to help you.

Next, what version of The Sims 3 are you installing? Blackbox? Razor? G4TW?

If it is G4TW yo need to use WinRAR to extract the setup files. WinRAR can be downloaded HERE

Finally, make sure to follow the instructions HERE exactly.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Update: Got the games installed, but getting two new errors. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Update: Got the games installed, but getting two new errors. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 10 Sep 2012, 07:41

Firstly, I saw you edited my multi. I got the point without the clarification but thank you.

Secondly, this isn't my first attempt with this ultimate fix. The first time I did it...I did it right. Everyone said I was doing it wrong. It was admin who discovered that yes, I CAN read, I DID do it right but that origin had screwed up my folders when I reinstalled my legit games.

So for your clarification, I've installed the fix twice...followed it word for word. I already HAD winrar...so that was the program that extracted the files.

And secondly...all my downloads are from G4TW. I figured it would be smarter to download the files all from one source since I'm not using my legit discs this install.

EDIT:

I fixed it. I didn't actually do anything different. I just installed over my stuff for the 4th time and it worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 10 Sep 2012, 18:35

//MOVED
Hello there,

You're the one seeking help here, so you might want to adjust the tone of your message.

Anyhow, glad to hear you got it to work by reinstalling.
Enjoy the game and do not hesitate to contact us if you run into any more problems! Update: Got the games installed, but getting two new errors. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top