Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMS 4 WON'T START- Tells me I need an update?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SIMS 4 WON'T START- Tells me I need an update? Empty SIMS 4 WON'T START- Tells me I need an update?

Post by Guest Sun 22 Oct 2017, 13:28

Hello! 

I have downloaded and have been using sims 4 for a few months now, havn't had a single problem until recently= My shortcut to the game had stopped working so I had just started accessing it in C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game_\Bin. I had been accessing it through the 'TS4', this was working fine but I've had a problem for the past two days starting up my game. It started with just crashing and saying there was an error. I then tried to open it with 'TS4x64' and it worked two times, but now it has come up saying that I need to update my game. Is there any way to fix this? can I update my game? pls help

Back to top Go down

SIMS 4 WON'T START- Tells me I need an update? Empty Re: SIMS 4 WON'T START- Tells me I need an update?

Post by Guest Sun 22 Oct 2017, 15:05

Hi @Navi_

Is the error something like "Your contents are created with a newer version...Please update via Origin..." ? If so, go to Documents\EA\The Sims 4 and delete the GameVersion.txt. Remember to run the game as administrator.

Back to top Go down

SIMS 4 WON'T START- Tells me I need an update? Empty Re: SIMS 4 WON'T START- Tells me I need an update?

Post by Guest Sun 22 Oct 2017, 17:29

Ageha wrote:Hi @Navi_

Is the error something like "Your contents are created with a newer version...Please update via Origin..." ? If so, go to Documents\EA\The Sims 4 and delete the GameVersion.txt. Remember to run the game as administrator.
Hey! I have done what you've written and it got rid of the update sign, but it has now just gon eback to freezing and not starting at all, just stuck on the loading screen SIMS 4 WON'T START- Tells me I need an update? 4011807745

Back to top Go down

SIMS 4 WON'T START- Tells me I need an update? Empty SIMS 4 WON'T LOAD??

Post by Guest Mon 23 Oct 2017, 11:13

My game hasn't been working for the past few days, I've dealt with the 'update' and 'origin running' error which has now (seemingly) been solved. However, now my game opens but doesn't go past the loading screen. I have tried both 'ts4' and 'ts4x64', the only difference is that the ts4 crashes while I am stuck on the loading screen on ts4, the only way to exit out of it is to turn off my computer. Do I have to reinstall? I've seen something about the toddler pack? I'm not to sure what to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Oct 2017, 14:33

//TOPICS MERGED
Hi @Navi_ 

Do take note not to open multiple topics at once. Is the error you're having endless loading? If you have any mods/CCs, I'd suggest taking them out for the moment. Else, try pasting this new game folder below:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-screen-version-1-33-38-1020

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top