Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMS 3 MAC BASE GAME installs but doesn't run.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SIMS 3 MAC BASE GAME installs but doesn't run.[SOLVED] Empty SIMS 3 MAC BASE GAME installs but doesn't run.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jan 2012, 23:19

Hello-

I went through all your steps to install the SIMS 3 base game from your torrent, i unrared it with stuffit, and i got the two .iso's. but when i mount them, it tells me that I inserted a blank DVD. Then it tells me:
The disc can’t be used because the disc drive is not supported (error code 0x80020025).
and when I hit OK, it mounts the disk. so i go to the first disk that says SIMS3 and start the install.
and i enter the serial
and everything goes perfectly.
but it never asks me for any disks.
and once its installed, i tried everything.
I tried using the crack from the second disk image, i tried using the crack from the actual .rar file, i even tried running it without a crack.
and no matter what, i click on the icon, and it bounces for a few seconds, and then disappears. HELP MEEEE Help

I have a Macbook PRO 2010 running OSX Lion Version 10.7.2

//EDIT:
I've used the ultimate fix and ONLY installed the cracks from the ultimate fix. I didn't use any of the cracks that came with the original installers (i got those from here, too). WHen i launch, so I can update to the newest version, it tells me that there was an unexpected error... help? The order in which i ran the installers was: BASE GAME, GENERATION, and then LATE NIGHT. and I ONLY applied the cracks from the ultimate fix. what did I do wrong?

Is it possible that I need to install and use ALL of the expansion packs you provide? Do i need to unrar every single one and install?

///EDIT:
Maybe make a mac tutorial? Like a complete tutorial showing the process from installing the base game to installing the fix at the end... that would be perfectt Smile but idk

Back to top Go down

SIMS 3 MAC BASE GAME installs but doesn't run.[SOLVED] Empty Re: SIMS 3 MAC BASE GAME installs but doesn't run.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 23 Jan 2012, 10:35

Hello,
I can tell you that Admin is currently working on writing a new MAC guide.
I can also tell you that the G4TW base game currently doesn't work right on MAC, you need these in stead.
This guide seems to be the best one out there for the moment, you may want to have a look at it.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

SIMS 3 MAC BASE GAME installs but doesn't run.[SOLVED] Empty Re: SIMS 3 MAC BASE GAME installs but doesn't run.[SOLVED]

Post by Admin Mon 23 Jan 2012, 15:46

Hello,

The .dmg files Lady ElDi linked to, won't work any more, since MegaUpload has been closed by the FBI.
You can use another base game, which will also work. For example the Reloaded version of the base game.
If you prefer the ® Games4theworld version, it'll be released when the Mac guide is completed.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 23 Jan 2012, 18:03

I didn't even know that about Megaupload, when did this happen?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 23 Jan 2012, 18:05

Lady ElDi wrote:I didn't even know that about Megaupload, when did this happen?
Haha, didn't know?!
That's odd, it has been playing for a few days now.

FileSonic and Uploaded.to stopped their uploading service for sharing too, because they are scared of getting closed too.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 23 Jan 2012, 18:10

Admin wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:I didn't even know that about Megaupload, when did this happen?
Haha, didn't know?!
That's odd, it has been playing for a few days now.

FileSonic and Uploaded.to stopped their uploading service for sharing too, because they are scared of getting closed too.

Well what can I say, I don't follow the news much and I haven't had to use any of these sites so yeah, I live under a rock lol.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jan 2012, 18:58

Thanks guys! I used the reloaded version of it and it worked just fine! You may get an "Unexpected Error" message, but you can go into User>Library>Preferences>The Sims 3 Preferences and DELETE the "system.reg" file. That fixed the "unexpected error" problem for me.
Otherwise, thanks! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 23 Jan 2012, 19:27

Hello,
Good to hear you have a working game now! Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems in the future, and if you feel like you can contribute here in the MAC-section, don't hesitate to share your thoughts.
For now, happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top