Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Staff. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

More Staff. [CLOSED] Empty More Staff. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jan 2012, 03:26

I think it'd be a good idea to hire more people because a lot of us need help and there's often nobody around to help. So, hiring staff will give people specific tasks, which they'll be more inclined to do since it's pretty much part of the job description.

Back to top Go down

More Staff. [CLOSED] Empty Re: More Staff. [CLOSED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 23 Jan 2012, 09:12

Hello,
Depending on your time zone, you'll usually wait half a day at most for an answer.
You are right that the chatbox is often empty, but posting your question will also get you an answer, even if it isn't right away.
You do need to know that none of us is "hired". We are volunteers doing this in our spare time, nothing is earned, except for the thanks of people.
I read all new topics every day and I know Admin does the same. But I may not always have an answer.
Admin may take your suggestion in consideration though.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 23 Jan 2012, 17:48

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. Lady ElDi said most of the stuff I wanted to say. We do not earn anything doing this, it's like a hobby for us.
Therefore you must excuse us that we can't answer posts non-stop 24/7; we're normal (busy) people like you and everyone else.
We're constantly looking for new people that are interested in helping. (See "Helpers" rank)
Besides, it's hard to find people who actually know a lot about problems and issues with different kind of games. People who eager to know more and more.
When users join here, they usually join because they need help, not because they actually want to help or want to stick around.

But, if you'll be patient, your problems will be solved. We'll try hard to. Remember; patient is the key to success!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jan 2012, 05:56

I agree that patience is key and all, and I get that you volunteer, that's what we do on the forum I'm a Mod on also. But, I find the players are usually happier when the forum isn't lacking in people that are able to help them. Especially since it's a pretty busy forum. It's just my thoughts though. Helpers would be a big help also, but I haven't really seen any around.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 25 Jan 2012, 09:42

Hello,
I think the biggest problem is, at some point people join and get the idea that they'd like to help and for a while that goes well, but then real life takes over and they find out they didn't have the time, or much less than they thought. Or its not what they expected it to be.
Personally I think it goes rather well here, most problems are solved within a few hours. Its easy because a lot of the solutions to problems are already on the forum so answering each post usually only takes a minute or 2. Its only during the time that new expansions are released that it gets really busy here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Feb 2012, 00:22

I think maybe you should set a time that you'll be in chatbox so members no when to come on for help.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 14 Feb 2012, 09:13

Hello,
That too is a little difficult since we're all in different time zones.
I don't know about Admin, but I can't put a time aside for it, I can come in when my situation allows it. I have 2 kids under the age of 4 so my days can get pretty unpredictable. I usually have the forum open on my screen much of the day and whenever I get a moment to sit down, I try to answer a few posts.
I know Admin will join the chatbox when he's on the forum, has the time and sees someone in the chatbox.
I join the chatbox depending on what's going on around me, if my kids are having a bad day, or I know my youngest is about to go to bed for a nap, it doesn't make sense joining the chat if I know I only have 5-10 minutes.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Feb 2012, 04:09

Good point can i PM to ask the admin or you to get on at a certain hour if available.

Thanks

JK

Also i'm Us mountain time so would i have to tell him that? Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Don't know times zones in Netherlands! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 15 Feb 2012, 08:38

Hello,
The Netherlands is all in 1 time zone. And we're 8 hours ahead of you.
I think your best bet is to try during the weekend.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Feb 2012, 00:59

k, just added world clock on dash board Very Happy i will find better times to get on now that i now how far ahead in time you are!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top