Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cats and Dogs - doesn't work with CC.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cats and Dogs - doesn't work with CC.  Empty Cats and Dogs - doesn't work with CC.

Post by Guest Sat 11 Nov 2017, 21:22

So my game runs perfectly fine (thank you Carlos is tha man!!!) but only without mod folder. I've deleted all of my mods which affect the game like MC Commander etc.
I only left stuff like furniture, clothes, build items.. So the game actually works with mod folder as well, but when I pick a family there are no sims and the whole "family tree" on the left bottom corner is empty. 

My windows is 86-bits I run the game as administrator on 64 bits.

I probably know the answer already - adding CC bits by bits and checking if game's working properly or not. BUT maybe there's another way? Did you have the same issue and fixed it?

EDIT: Okey so I found a solution which is so simple yet it took me ages to think about. So it wasn't CC that was broken, it was my save  Haters gonna hate So to those still strugguling - try playing on new save maybe it will help. Thank you everyone for posting Smile

Last edited by botyful13 on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 00:26; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

Cats and Dogs - doesn't work with CC.  Empty Re: Cats and Dogs - doesn't work with CC.

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 01:22

Most CC furniture needs to be updated. Take all your CC out. You already know what to do, there isn't a magical fix unfortunately.

Back to top Go down

Cats and Dogs - doesn't work with CC.  Empty Re: Cats and Dogs - doesn't work with CC.

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 01:49

Literally NONE of my cc works, pretty sad about that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 02:33

What does that mean, though? How does one "update" CC? I have over 3000 different mods in my (previous) game, how would I go about doing this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 02:36

Same here.. but only when I try to place CC beds and chairs from what I've seen so far. Also, my sims reset whenever they interact with toddlers..  Hmmm, sure?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 04:28

There are some broken mods/cc that are causing this.  
broken mod list

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 05:21

Yea Cats and dogs breaks everyones cc, EA actually did two updates to try and fix this so the torrent that is available now actually needs updating

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 05:30

So, I've now installed Cats and Dogs, added my CC, all works fine except for some script mods (but I expected that).
Problems: My sims won't eat. Like, not at all. Not cool ^^
Also - while my modded lots work fine like before, somehow ALL of the CAS mods have been removed from my sims. It's all still in the game and I can put it back one by one, but for some reason all sims have reset to non modded. Very frustrating.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 23:53

I added the updated MCCC, then the updated WW. I then added the Saves, then the Tray. When all that worked, I added only the CC I needed so my Sims weren't bald and naked. I opened and checked the game each time I made a change, so it took a good while, but everything works flawlessly.

The only gripe I have is that custom traits no longer work, but I am enjoying C&D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Nov 2017, 11:22

I deleted CC that caused the problem for me, but sims still don't want to eat. I hope this will be fixed with an update it would be such a pain in the ass to download all of the CC again.. I have over 2600.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Nov 2017, 13:51

Check your CC with Sims 4 Studio
Google for Sims 4 Studio, login, register, download Studio
In Studio on the upper taskbar go to
Tools - Batch Fixes - Objects - Fix Objects for Cats & Dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Nov 2017, 14:42

LuciaNorsk wrote:So, I've now installed Cats and Dogs, added my CC, all works fine except for some script mods (but I expected that).
Problems: My sims won't eat. Like, not at all. Not cool ^^
Also - while my modded lots work fine like before, somehow ALL of the CAS mods have been removed from my sims. It's all still in the game and I can put it back one by one, but for some reason all sims have reset to non modded. Very frustrating.

I have the same problem with the eating stuff, it's very frustrating. Also some interactions won't work :c

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Mon 13 Nov 2017, 15:12

The Sims Cats and Dogs Fix does work with CC. However, we must back-up the CC folder and then start sorting through broken CC or script mods. Beds, sofas and other furniture were broken by the Patch, also clothes and even some hair, that we know so far.
What I have done: Sims 4 Studio have a new version out, under tools you will find batch fixes for beds and furniture, objects and CAS items that were broken with the patch. You can batch fix these items and they will work again and will not crash your game.
Hope this info helps.
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 13 Nov 2017, 17:59

Caribsimmer wrote:Yea Cats and dogs breaks everyones cc, EA actually did two updates to try and fix this so the torrent that is available now actually needs updating

No, the torrent is already on the latest available patch version, which as of currently is 1.36.102.1020.
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-updates/
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Nov 2017, 00:21

Okey so I found a solution which is so simple yet it took me ages to think about. So it wasn't CC that was broken, it was my save  Haters gonna hate So to those still strugguling - try playing on new save maybe it will help :> Thank you everyone for posting Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top