Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cats and Dogs will not work - stops responding whilst loading. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cats and Dogs will not work - stops responding whilst loading. [SOLVED] Empty Cats and Dogs will not work - stops responding whilst loading. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 01:15

I have downloaded the game correctly (to my knowledge), and have a good enough computer to run The Sims 4, as was the case before - I reinstalled the game from scratch, removing all mods and saves.

The first time the game worked up until the 'new stuff!' pets and dogs thing came up in which it froze, I opened it again and it stopped responding while it was loading to the main menu, wanted to play this game by today but I guess it won't work. Sad

Last edited by XPShow.Tea on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 19:31; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Cats and Dogs will not work - stops responding whilst loading. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Cats and Dogs will not work - stops responding whilst loading. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 01:27

Same thing happened to me. I didn't know what to do so I went on here to ask for help because my game also stops responding after you try to x (close) the "Welcome to Cats & Dogs" title thing but I think you have to wait for it to load. Forcing it to exit and then loading makes it crash on loading plumbob thing. Try deleting The Sims 4 folder in my documents and if it's just stuck on not responding (no crash) just wait it out. Hope it works

Back to top Go down

Cats and Dogs will not work - stops responding whilst loading. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Cats and Dogs will not work - stops responding whilst loading. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 01:39

I just installed all the updates (Parenthood, Fitness Stuff and Toddlers Stuff) that I didn't have so I could try Cats and Dogs today, only to find that the game now won't load up at all after Toddlers Stuff and now all the posts about nobody being able to get Cats and Dogs to work properly. Really didn't expect this to go so wrong. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 02:00

LuciaNorsk wrote:I just installed all the updates (Parenthood, Fitness Stuff and Toddlers Stuff) that I didn't have so I could try Cats and Dogs today, only to find that the game now won't load up at all after Toddlers Stuff and now all the posts about nobody being able to get Cats and Dogs to work properly. Really didn't expect this to go so wrong. Sad

Sorry to hear you have the same problem! Hopefully this topic may eventually get a way to solve it, so keep your eye out on it, I guess. - The person that posted before you may have had an answer, though! Very Happy - I'm testing it out right now.

//EDIT

xpeanut wrote:Same thing happened to me. I didn't know what to do so I went on here to ask for help because my game also stops responding after you try to x (close) the "Welcome to Cats & Dogs" title thing but I think you have to wait for it to load. Forcing it to exit and then loading makes it crash on loading plumbob thing. Try deleting The Sims 4 folder in my documents and if it's just stuck on not responding (no crash) just wait it out. Hope it works

Will try that now! Hopefully it works, thank you kindly for the suggestion.  Cookie from Carlos Will probably go to sleep right now anyway, hopefully it will work so I can try it tomorrow!  Carlos is tha man!!!

//EDIT

XPShow.Tea wrote:
LuciaNorsk wrote:I just installed all the updates (Parenthood, Fitness Stuff and Toddlers Stuff) that I didn't have so I could try Cats and Dogs today, only to find that the game now won't load up at all after Toddlers Stuff and now all the posts about nobody being able to get Cats and Dogs to work properly. Really didn't expect this to go so wrong. Sad

Sorry to hear you have the same problem! Hopefully this topic may eventually get a way to solve it, so keep your eye out on it, I guess. - The person that posted before you may have had an answer, though! Very Happy - I'm testing it out right now.
It completely worked! Thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 02:32

Good to see your problem was solved! Can I just ask, which of the things did you do in order to make it work? Did you delete the Sims 4 folder in My Documents or did you just have to wait for it to load fully?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 03:21

LuciaNorsk wrote:Good to see your problem was solved! Can I just ask, which of the things did you do in order to make it work? Did you delete the Sims 4 folder in My Documents or did you just have to wait for it to load fully?
Deleting the Sims 4 folder in My Documents caused it to reset, allowing it to show the main menu again, waiting when it freezes w/o touching it eventually causes it to load! Cookie from Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 05:33

Ah okay, thank you. I've installed C&D now, everything is loading alright and even my mods work, the only problems I'm having is that all my sims have been un-modded completely, so I have to redo them (lots are fine, though) and when playing, the sims won't eat any food. Bit mysterious, all in all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 12:39

LuciaNorsk wrote:Ah okay, thank you. I've installed C&D now, everything is loading alright and even my mods work, the only problems I'm having is that all my sims have been un-modded completely, so I have to redo them (lots are fine, though) and when playing, the sims won't eat any food. Bit mysterious, all in all.
Hopefully once a patch releases we won't be facing these problems anymore, it's probably just because of how early it is. There have been some strange bugs with this expansion pack, such as the zoomed in CAS feet - Guess we can only wait and see.  Laughing

It works for me, just have to wait every time it opens the game to load for a certain period of time, however it works just fine beyond that.

Thanks for the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Nov 2017, 02:14

to fix the crash when trying to close the X on main menu can be fixed by going to program files/the sims 4/game/bin and opening the RldOrigin.ini and changing the CNT value to 0

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 16 Nov 2017, 20:08

xOihane wrote:to fix the crash when trying to close the X on main menu can be fixed by going to program files/the sims 4/game/bin and opening the RldOrigin.ini and changing the CNT value to 0

Won't that basically disable all DLC, though... Question
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top