Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game stops responding at loading screen. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game stops responding at loading screen. [SOLVED] Empty Game stops responding at loading screen. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 03 Oct 2016, 07:28

Hi all, I'm having a problem where my game stops responding and needs to be force-closed on the loading screen. I only have the base game and the ultimate fix at the moment. I was able to play the base game alone earlier (like 4-5 hours prior to this post) with no issues. After installing the ultimate fix, on the first load, the game gets to the "welcome to [stuff pack]!" but freezes when I try to close the pop-up for Dining Out. After closing and starting the game again, it won't even load past the spinning plumbob with game tips.

I'm 99.99% sure I installed everything correctly when applying the fix, and I have no mods installed. ...help?

Update: I downloaded the expansion packs and followed all the installation steps on the stickied article on the main page, and now my game works! I'm not sure if it was adding the expansion packs or adding all of the main game folders to my AV's exception list (I didn't do that before), but either way, it works now.

Last edited by krookodilehunter on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 22:20; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Game stops responding at loading screen. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game stops responding at loading screen. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 06 Oct 2016, 04:58

krookodilehunter wrote:Hi all, I'm having a problem where my game stops responding and needs to be force-closed on the loading screen. I only have the base game and the ultimate fix at the moment. I was able to play the base game alone earlier (like 4-5 hours prior to this post) with no issues. After installing the ultimate fix, on the first load, the game gets to the "welcome to [stuff pack]!" but freezes when I try to close the pop-up for Dining Out. After closing and starting the game again, it won't even load past the spinning plumbob with game tips.

I'm 99.99% sure I installed everything correctly when applying the fix, and I have no mods installed. ...help?

Update: I downloaded the expansion packs and followed all the installation steps on the stickied article on the main page, and now my game works! I'm not sure if it was adding the expansion packs or adding all of the main game folders to my AV's exception list (I didn't do that before), but either way, it works now.

Welcome to the forum and sorry for the late reply,

Indeed, you have to keep the install order, which as of now, is this: Base game -> Get to Work -> Get together -> (latest) Ultimate fix. That said, glad to hear it seems to be working fine for you now. Have fun and feel free to get back in touch with us again anytime! Very Happy 

Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top