Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't install cats and dogs, asking for admin rights. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't install cats and dogs, asking for admin rights. [SOLVED] Empty Can't install cats and dogs, asking for admin rights. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 16 Nov 2017, 03:52

Hi everyone!

I've been running into an issue while trying to install the C&D EP. I have all of the expansions and DL's from G4TW and never had a problem while installing. However, this time around when I try to move all of the files from the C&D folder into the "The Sims 4" I get a notification saying that I need to grant admin rights to be able to complete the task. 

I grant the admin rights and check the button where it says to do the same for all of the possible conflicts, but it doesn't work. Immediately I get a new pop-up saying to try once again, and no matter how many times I click on it, it never advances from there. It gets stuck on the try again pop-up.

I'm not really tech savvy so I don't know what to do. I tried to look in the forum first, but apparently no one has run into the same issue. I hope you guys can help me, I'm really at a lost this time. 

Btw, my game is already in the programfiles(x86) folder. Oh, and sorry for my English, it isn't my first language.

Thanks in advance!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Can't install cats and dogs, asking for admin rights. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't install cats and dogs, asking for admin rights. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 16 Nov 2017, 20:14

magentaloki wrote:Hi everyone!

I've been running into an issue while trying to install the C&D EP. I have all of the expansions and DL's from G4TW and never had a problem while installing. However, this time around when I try to move all of the files from the C&D folder into the "The Sims 4" I get a notification saying that I need to grant admin rights to be able to complete the task. 

I grant the admin rights and check the button where it says to do the same for all of the possible conflicts, but it doesn't work. Immediately I get a new pop-up saying to try once again, and no matter how many times I click on it, it never advances from there. It gets stuck on the try again pop-up.

I'm not really tech savvy so I don't know what to do. I tried to look in the forum first, but apparently no one has run into the same issue. I hope you guys can help me, I'm really at a lost this time. 

Btw, my game is already in the programfiles(x86) folder. Oh, and sorry for my English, it isn't my first language.

Thanks in advance!!! Very Happy

Hello @magentaloki,

Have you tried turning off Windows Defender (I assume you are on Windows 10)? If not, check out this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10

Probably solution #2 in that thread. Make sure to re-boot the computer after that, and then try copy/pasting again. Good luck for now!

I tip my fedora.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Can't install cats and dogs, asking for admin rights. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't install cats and dogs, asking for admin rights. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 17 Nov 2017, 10:50

Please do not MOVE the files, you should copy / paste them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Nov 2017, 21:58

Yes, I'm on windows 10. I'll try both your suggestions and let you know how it goes.

Smile

//EDIT

Hey guys!! I tried both your methods and was able to successfully install the game!!

Thank you very much!!!  Can't install cats and dogs, asking for admin rights. [SOLVED] 2632515360 

Right now it's running smoothly, even though I don't have any of my mods or CC installed. I'll play like this for a while and see if I will need to download the fix.

Again, huge thanks to both of you!! Can't install cats and dogs, asking for admin rights. [SOLVED] Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 21 Nov 2017, 21:26

Loonieloose wrote:Please do not MOVE the files, you should copy / paste them.

Yes, I believe the TS4 Must-Read guide references the "moving" part still:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

But that was written in fall of 2014, when TS4 came out, and on a Windows 7 system. Windows 10 appears to much up very frequently though when you move around stuff. Maybe you have to set the appropriate folder permissions beforehand (for both the target & starting location of the folder to-be-moved)? Maybe one of these days we'll get around to do more testing on this.

magentaloki wrote:Yes, I'm on windows 10. I'll try both your suggestions and let you know how it goes.

Smile

//EDIT

Hey guys!! I tried both your methods and was able to successfully install the game!!

Thank you very much!!!  Can't install cats and dogs, asking for admin rights. [SOLVED] 2632515360 

Right now it's running smoothly, even though I don't have any of my mods or CC installed. I'll play like this for a while and see if I will need to download the fix.

Again, huge thanks to both of you!! Can't install cats and dogs, asking for admin rights. [SOLVED] Icon_biggrin

You're welcome. Very Happy  Feel free to open a new topic on the Forum in case you need more Support, or even if you just want to hang out. Until then, have fun! Problem solved, topic closed.

Cookie from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top