Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game not even starting.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game not even starting. Empty Game not even starting.

Post by Guest Sun 19 Nov 2017, 06:31

i just downloaded everything, base games, expansions, stuff packs. everything. and the ultimate fix since the first time i tried running it, i got to at least open the window for the game and it told me the origin blabla. found the fix pretty easily on here. however, since downloading the ultimate fix (mind you, i haven't opened the game successfully yet) i have not even been able to launch the game at all, whether by the shortcut or going into the actual folder. i get as far as my computer asking me whether i would like to launch the program, i hit run, and then nothing happens. help?

Back to top Go down

Game not even starting. Empty Re: Game not even starting.

Post by Guest Sun 19 Nov 2017, 09:31

Did you read this?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly#
Nowhere is the ultimate fix mentioned. In fact if you install that, you will loose all your DLC's. There is a clear warning in the instructions about what will happen. That fix is only for those, who want to play without DLC's.
Please remember to move the sims 4 file out of the electronic arts folder. MOVE, not copy paste. Remember to add your download location and your actual sims 4 file to your anti-virus exceptions, before installing or downloading. Good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Nov 2017, 13:21

i DID read that, but had the issue of not be able to open the game because of the "origin is not running" error. if not the ultimate fix, how shall i fix that?

sims 4 is not in my electronic arts folder, and anti-virus was turned off completely.

sorry, but this wasn't a solution at all for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Nov 2017, 11:59

These are possible fixes for the origin is not running error. Again, do not install the ultimate update only fix.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions#

Maybe you can find a solution here

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-lags-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes-updated-on-11-11-2017#

Was only trying to help.

Last edited by Loonieloose on Mon 20 Nov 2017, 12:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Nov 2017, 13:58

Hi there,

After (presumably) running the game as administrator and the game does not launch, did you check the task manager to see if any 'instance' of Sims 4 is running in the background?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Nov 2017, 16:19

Starting the game can take several minutes, so be patient.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top