Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black square/display driver stopped responding and has recovered Edited

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Black square/display driver stopped responding and has recovered    Edited Empty Black square/display driver stopped responding and has recovered Edited

Post by Guest Tue 28 Nov 2017, 19:02

Hello everyone !!

Ive been playing Sims 4 since months on ZlOrigin now.
But unfortunately since I updated the driver for my Radeon Rx480, I launch the sims 4 normally, but once I get on the willow creek and I move my mouse on some families or houses, I see these weiiird squares, and if I click somewhere, it lags and the screen get black then I get the message "display driver stopped responding and has recovered" appearing. I have to close the game with the task manager.
I try to look for answers on google and on the forum, but I dont find anything similar, or on laptop ?! (Im not playing on a laptop...) WhatDidUJustCallMe?

This is an image of the squares before the screen goes all black :

Here:
If anyone has an idea of how can I fix this?I reinstalled my driver...
Thank you so much for any help !!!! I missss playing my sims god  No

Last edited by Prunillette on Thu 30 Nov 2017, 16:21; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Black square/display driver stopped responding and has recovered    Edited Empty Re: Black square/display driver stopped responding and has recovered Edited

Post by Guest Wed 29 Nov 2017, 12:43

Try this:
Go to the folder Documents -> Electronic Arts -> The Sims 4
Delete the file Config.log.
Start the game again.

The game will create a new folder Config.log where, hopefully, the settings of your graphics card will be adjusted to the new driver.
In the new file Config.log check under the chapter Graphics Device Info for Name (database) the name of your card and for Found: 1, Supported: 1.
In my case that is: Name (database): GeForce G 315 [Found: 1, Supported: 1]
When there is a value 0 instead some further (manual) instructions are required.

Report back with the details of the line Chipset
In my case as an example: Chipset:         Vendor: 10de, Device: 0a22, Board: 1141174b, Chipset: 00a2

Back to top Go down

Black square/display driver stopped responding and has recovered    Edited Empty Re: Black square/display driver stopped responding and has recovered Edited

Post by Guest Wed 29 Nov 2017, 13:29

Hey !! thank you so much, so I deleted the Config.log, started the game again, and this is what I get in the new Config :

Name (database): AMD Radeon R9 480, 570, and 580 [Found: 1, Supported: 1]

So this seems to be fine... (?)

And the line Chipset : 
Chipset:         Vendor: 1002, Device: 67df, Board: e347174b, Chipset: 00c7

Thanks again for all the help given ! (and sorry for my poor english, FR here  Why God.)

EDIT 11.30.17 : I updated to the latest version today, nothing new still the same exact issue, I really wish to play lol I'm stuck I have no ideas about what to do  Why God. Why God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top