Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Display Driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Stopped Working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Display Driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Stopped Working  Empty Display Driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Stopped Working

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jul 2012, 02:07

I've been having issues with this lately, where
my laptop screen spazzes out and I get that message. It's getting a bit
annoying and I'm not sure what to do, I mean I can still kind of play
but it ends up being a bit laggy. Also, when my laptop screen spazzes
out, I end up having to remove my laptop battery just to get this to
work and put it back in.
Like sims game goes out then in with a black screen appearing for several secs before it freezes on the game and I have to restart my laptop because it makes a weird buzzing sound.

Using the guide that I saw in another post, here is DXDIAG info that I wrote down.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Processor: Intel® Core™ i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53.GHz (4 CPUS), ~2.5GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Name: Intel® HD Graphics

Date: 3/25/2011 10:17:46 PM

And my sims detail is down to medium.

Edge Smoothing - off

Visual Effects - Low

Lightning and Shadows - Low

Tree Detail- Low

Draw Distance -Low

High Detail Lots - 1
Texture Detail- Low

Sim Detail - Low

I'm not really sure what to do now. I had it in windowed mode and on low graphics like what has been suggested, and I know my computer isn't that great at running it but yet it still runs it.
I don't know how to update drivers, espiecally for free, since most you need to pay for and I don't have the money to really do so.

The expansions packs that I have are Base Pack, Ambitions, Generations, and Pets.

Back to top Go down

Display Driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Stopped Working  Empty Re: Display Driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Stopped Working

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 05 Jul 2012, 08:59

//Topic moved
Hello,

Hardware drivers are free, I assure you.
What kind of surface is your laptop on? I agree that it should run the game (especially since my old pc doesn't seem to have many problems with it) but it could be overheating.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Display Driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Stopped Working  Empty Re: Display Driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Stopped Working

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jul 2012, 22:41

Lady ElDi wrote://Topic moved
Hello,

Hardware drivers are free, I assure you.
What kind of surface is your laptop on? I agree that it should run the game (especially since my old pc doesn't seem to have many problems with it) but it could be overheating.
I used to have this fan thing that I would place on my lap to stop it from overheating, but the fan broke so I just use it now to hopefully keep my laptop from overheating. I don't have a desk, so I tend to have my laptop on the fan cover thing and on my lap.

Ahh, well I was running detective driver or w/e it was called the other day and it said I needed some of my things updated but, I don't know how reliable that is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jul 2012, 22:45

my other pc was doing that too. my sib upgraded the entire tower and it still occasionally does it but only when i play certain games...

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 06 Jul 2012, 07:33

Hello,

The best thing to do is to go to your hardware manufacturers website to see if you need new drivers.
If you can still lower any settings at all, try it. Lower the resolution, play in windowed mode. It lowers the game's FPS rate and the higher the FPS is, the more likely the graphics card is to overheat. Especially in a laptop, which wasn't meant for gaming in the first place.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top