Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about changing registry to different hard drive?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question about changing registry to different hard drive? Empty Question about changing registry to different hard drive?

Post by Guest Fri 01 Dec 2017, 11:41

I was reading over the instructions on how to move the base game to my D drive via registry changes, and it seems simple enough, but I have a question. I stupidly didn't do this after my initial installation, and as of right now, I have included all the EPs/GPs/SPs up to Parenthood. I'm only realizing how little space I have on my C drive, that I won't be able to install anything more. Will I be able to change the registries with DLC installed, or will I have to strip everything down to the base game in order to move it? 

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Question about changing registry to different hard drive? Empty Re: Question about changing registry to different hard drive?

Post by Guest Fri 01 Dec 2017, 16:04

No need to change the registry.
Just copy the files from C:\Prohgram Files (x86)\The Sims 4 from your C drive to wherever you want it.
When it was succesful you can delete the original folder to make more space on your c:Drive.

Don't forget to make a new shortcut from your new loacation\The Sims\Game\Bin\TS4.exe (or TS4_x64.exe)
Also place the new destination-folder in your exclusions of your AV.

Back to top Go down

Question about changing registry to different hard drive? Empty Re: Question about changing registry to different hard drive?

Post by Guest Sat 02 Dec 2017, 10:18

I have done the same and copied my sims 4 fro C: drive to two external harddrives. ( Better safe than sorry ) and it works from both. All DLC's, just not cats and Dogs. That is installed with my ZLOrigin. But game works 100% from both externals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Dec 2017, 10:20

Loonieloose wrote:I have done the same and copied my sims 4 fro C: drive to two external harddrives. ( Better safe than sorry ) and it works from both. All DLC's, just not cats and Dogs. That is installed with my ZLOrigin. But game works 100% from both externals.
You can move your complete installation folder to anywhere on your computer and/or external hard discs.
Exceptions: Do not move it into another folder called Electronic Arts, Origin, Origin Games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Dec 2017, 10:25

That should be clear from the install instructions if you read them properly. Smile Move out of the electronic arts folder  in C:program files, etc, etc, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top