Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installed all expansions for the sims 4, they appear in my game, however certain features (listed below) do not function properly.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installed all expansions for the sims 4, they appear in my game, however certain features (listed below) do not function properly. Empty Installed all expansions for the sims 4, they appear in my game, however certain features (listed below) do not function properly.

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jan 2018, 04:36

As stated in the title, I installed the game correctly and the game acknowledged that I had new DLC. However, certain DLC do not function properly.

Some include:

-Most items that are not a variant of things already in the base game do not function(example; game console, basketball court, yoga mat, do not function, but a variant of counter that's not in the base game works correctly). They appear in the game as normal, I can purchase them, place them, etc. but my sims cannot interact with them.

-Certain icons are replaced with grey, square pictures of llamas. I assume that this is the way of the game resolving unknown icons. Some icons that are replaced are age icons in CAS, most icons used in the pets CAS, icons used when presented with "upgrade object" option.

-Pets is very glitchy and many things do not function. Pets CAS does not function correctly, any options involving pets usually appear blank, some pets objects do not function.

-Lots that were added using DLC do not work. Example, when my sims visit a spa/restaurant the workers there do not interact with non-base game objects and will not perform their job. 

-Certain clothing, food, and objects (that were added via DLC) appear with what i assume to be unknown textures (they will appear, but "rainbow" in colour with question marks). However, I haven't discovered many things in the game to react like this. 

-When asking another vampire to turn my sim into one, they comply and it shows their friendship status go up. However, they never actually perforn the "ask to turn" action. 

These are only a few things I've discovered. Most of them deal with issues for added DLC. I have a guess as to what might have caused this, but I'm not sure if that's what has caused the problems with my game.

I think the problem might have been caused when I uninstalled origin and the sims 4. The game got uninstalled and so did origin, however, I did not realize that the "electronic arts" folder found in documents was not removed along with the sims 4. I had already installed the sims 4 from games4theworld by the time I had realized this. I noticed that as soon as I launched the game my previous save files, mods, etc. were still there. I deleted the "electronic arts" folder after that. (Note; I did launch CAS and still found the issues above before I deleted the "electronic arts" folder). 

I'd appreciate any help/speculation you may have involving my issues with the sims 4.

Thanks.

Last edited by Pixelia on Thu 04 Jan 2018, 04:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar mistakes)

Back to top Go down

Installed all expansions for the sims 4, they appear in my game, however certain features (listed below) do not function properly. Empty Re: Installed all expansions for the sims 4, they appear in my game, however certain features (listed below) do not function properly.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Jan 2018, 16:17

Pixelia wrote:(Note; I did launch CAS and still found the issues above before I deleted the "electronic arts" folder). 

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Pixelia,

Are the issues still present, after you (appear to have) deleted the folder under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4? Someone said that a lot of furniture-related custom content seems glitchy with the new 1.37 update.

Also, deleting Origin normally does not affect this situation; the Origin game is normally separate from the cracked Sims 4 version. What you should avoid though is moving around the install folder of the cracked game too often, because Windows (10) has a tendency to interfere by means of file/folder permissions. 

That means, install the base game of G4TW's TS4 version under C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts. Then move it once, either under C:\Program files (x86) or C:\Program files. And from there on, apply the DLC. That way you can reduce issues with file/folder permissions.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top