Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Screen glitches throughout gameplay

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Screen glitches throughout gameplay Empty Sims 4 Screen glitches throughout gameplay

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jan 2018, 17:56

This has been happening for about a week: whenever I open Sims 4 (from the game folder in [C:\Program Files\The Sims 4)], it takes longer than usual to load the screen up and then once it does load, the screen starts to glitch. It does this throughout the intro pages and continues throughout gameplay. I've attached a video of what it looks like. Please help!!

Also, I moved my Sims 4 folder to [C:\Program Files\The Sims 4] from [C:\Program Files (x86)] where I used to play Sims 4 from. This issue happened in both locations.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Screen glitches throughout gameplay Empty Re: Sims 4 Screen glitches throughout gameplay

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 22 Jan 2018, 22:48

aspencarter wrote:This has been happening for about a week: whenever I open Sims 4 (from the game folder in [C:\Program Files\The Sims 4)], it takes longer than usual to load the screen up and then once it does load, the screen starts to glitch. It does this throughout the intro pages and continues throughout gameplay. I've attached a video of what it looks like. Please help!!

Also, I moved my Sims 4 folder to [C:\Program Files\The Sims 4] from [C:\Program Files (x86)] where I used to play Sims 4 from. This issue happened in both locations.

Hello @aspencarter and welcome to the Forum,

I don't think the location of the installation folder really matters here (you can move it back to C - Program files). Could you maybe upload a screenshot of the glitch, and/or try describing the issue a bit more clearly? Smile

Also make sure to temporarily remove ALL your mods and CC, if you have any installed. I know that some outdated mods can cause these visual glitches as well.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Screen glitches throughout gameplay Empty Re: Sims 4 Screen glitches throughout gameplay

Post by Guest Wed 31 Jan 2018, 16:57

Hi The_gh0stm4n,

Sorry for the late response! I replied a week ago but it seems that my response didn't post. Here are some screenshots of the glitches. Essentially the screen is flickering throughout the entire time Sims 4 is open. I also noticed that when I go to open Sims 4, it takes longer to start up. I moved all my mods to my desktop - is that a good way of temporarily removing them from my game? Thank you!

Sims 4 Screen glitches throughout gameplay Fullsi14
Sims 4 Screen glitches throughout gameplay Fullsi15
Sims 4 Screen glitches throughout gameplay Fullsi17
Sims 4 Screen glitches throughout gameplay Fullsi16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Feb 2018, 23:20

The Sims 4 keeps saying not responding Everytime I go into buildmode or come out plz help

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top