Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bit of a strange one.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bit of a strange one. Empty Bit of a strange one.

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jan 2018, 10:22

Hi, I've had a look and can't see a similar topic, so I'll post this here. I just installed TS4 and started it up, and it seems to be in Spanish. Any way of changing the language setting? Or do I need to uninstall and reinstall everything?

Back to top Go down

Bit of a strange one. Empty Re: Bit of a strange one.

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jan 2018, 11:01

Thpider wrote:Hi, I've had a look and can't see a similar topic, so I'll post this here. I just installed TS4 and started it up, and it seems to be in Spanish. Any way of changing the language setting? Or do I need to uninstall and reinstall everything?
Open the folder Game\Bin in your install folder Program Files\The Sims 4
Rightclick on the file RldOrigin.ini and open with Notepad
Change Language=es_ES to the code of your required language, f.e. en_US for English
Save the file.
Start your game again as Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jan 2018, 11:36

Tarac wrote:
Thpider wrote:Hi, I've had a look and can't see a similar topic, so I'll post this here. I just installed TS4 and started it up, and it seems to be in Spanish. Any way of changing the language setting? Or do I need to uninstall and reinstall everything?
Open the folder Game\Bin in your install folder Program Files\The Sims 4
Rightclick on the file RldOrigin.ini and open with Notepad
Change Language=es_ES to the code of your required language, f.e. en_US for English
Save the file.
Start your game again as Administrator
Thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 26 Jan 2018, 19:57

Thpider wrote:Thank you so much!

Welcome to the Forum @Thpider,

Just a follow-up thought, if you downloaded from Games4theworld, by default those DLC should be in English. Did you maybe download/install only up to "Toddlers Stuff"? If so, that DLC has an error in it, and it can be fixed by using the procedure here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-screen-game-folders-version-1-38-49-1020

Note: if this applies to you, please scroll down to the bottom of the tutorial and fetch the Game-folder under "Toddlers Stuff". Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Jan 2018, 20:43

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Thpider wrote:Thank you so much!

Welcome to the Forum @Thpider,

Just a follow-up thought, if you downloaded from Games4theworld, by default those DLC should be in English. Did you maybe download/install only up to "Toddlers Stuff"? If so, that DLC has an error in it, and it can be fixed by using the procedure here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-screen-game-folders-version-1-38-49-1020

Note: if this applies to you, please scroll down to the bottom of the tutorial and fetch the Game-folder under "Toddlers Stuff". Smile
I downloaded all of them except pets and laundry, I couldn't find laundry on the dl site. It's all moot anyway as I can't get it to start a game lol. Keeps giving me an error code 3, even after the update. I've given up in frustration and retreated to sims 3.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 26 Jan 2018, 20:52

Thpider wrote:I downloaded all of them except pets and laundry, I couldn't find laundry on the dl site. It's all moot anyway as I can't get it to start a game lol. Keeps giving me an error code 3, even after the update. I've given up in frustration and retreated to sims 3.

Which is exactly what I suspected in my previous post (although for the novice it may not have come across as such, admittedly). You have to go under your folder "The Sims 4", where you installed the game to.

Delete the subfolder "Game", and then re-download the folder here:
https://tinyurl.com/ycvbanyf

Place it inside your install directory of The Sims 4 and try the game again.

The Laundry Day Stuff can be found in the News section at the very top here, it has not yet been added to the main downloads site. The person operating that site is not active on this Forum (anymore), and therefore the site can be seen as partially "out of sync" with our Forum activities here.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Jan 2018, 21:10

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Thpider wrote:I downloaded all of them except pets and laundry, I couldn't find laundry on the dl site. It's all moot anyway as I can't get it to start a game lol. Keeps giving me an error code 3, even after the update. I've given up in frustration and retreated to sims 3.

Which is exactly what I suspected in my previous post (although for the novice it may not have come across as such, admittedly). You have to go under your folder "The Sims 4", where you installed the game to.

Delete the subfolder "Game", and then re-download the folder here:
https://tinyurl.com/ycvbanyf

Place it inside your install directory of The Sims 4 and try the game again.

The Laundry Day Stuff can be found in the News section at the very top here, it has not yet been added to the main downloads site. The person operating that site is not active on this Forum (anymore), and therefore the site can be seen as partially "out of sync" with our Forum activities here.
Ah right, fair enough. I always go straight to the dl site and don't think to look here. Thank you very much, I'll do the game folder thing and keep my fingers crossed.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 26 Jan 2018, 21:16

Thpider wrote:Ah right, fair enough. I always go straight to the dl site and don't think to look here. Thank you very much, I'll do the game folder thing and keep my fingers crossed.

Alternatively, you can also apply (install) the "Cats & Dogs" torrent, instead of using the hotfix I mentioned before. If you have the necessary free harddrive space and the necessary general hardware requirements, I would say go for the Cats & Dogs torrent.

The main downloads site is operated by the 'old' Admin (seeing that you registered on here a while back, you may remember him), who has retired from the Forum, and is now working periodically on the site and the Minecraft server. In general it's a good idea to check back on the Forum as well, for any updates. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Jan 2018, 21:22

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Thpider wrote:Ah right, fair enough. I always go straight to the dl site and don't think to look here. Thank you very much, I'll do the game folder thing and keep my fingers crossed.

Alternatively, you can also apply (install) the "Cats & Dogs" torrent, instead of using the hotfix I mentioned before. If you have the necessary free harddrive space and the necessary general hardware requirements, I would say go for the Cats & Dogs torrent.

The main downloads site is operated by the 'old' Admin (seeing that you registered on here a while back, you may remember him), who has retired from the Forum, and is now working periodically on the site and the Minecraft server. In general it's a good idea to check back on the Forum as well, for any updates. Smile
Now I've changed the game folder, it's telling me the contents of my user directory was created by a newer version and I need to update via origin. Is that the v1.29.69.1020 update?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 26 Jan 2018, 21:31

Just to be 100% sure, you installed ALL Sims 4 torrents, except Pets & Laundry? That means your "latest" DLC is Toddlers Stuff.

So if you installed all DLC up to and including Toddlers Stuff, please now go under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete the file GameVersion.txt. Then try the game again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Jan 2018, 21:40

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Just to be 100% sure, you installed ALL Sims 4 torrents, except Pets & Laundry? That means your "latest" DLC is Toddlers Stuff.

So if you installed all DLC up to and including Toddlers Stuff, please now go under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete the file GameVersion.txt. Then try the game again.
That's right, yep. I followed the instructions on here up to Toddler. I don't have GameVersion.txt file in my S4 folder tho.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 26 Jan 2018, 21:47

Thpider wrote:That's right, yep. I followed the instructions on here up to Toddler. I don't have GameVersion.txt file in my S4 folder tho.

Remember there are two "Toddler" DLC. Steps #1 to #10 here. I'm pedantic on this because you normally should not be getting the error that you seem to be getting now.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Base -> Get to Work -> Get together -> City Living -> Toddlers/Vampires/Bowling -> Parenthood -> Fitness -> Toddlers Stuff.

If so, you have to look carefully. The complete filepath is C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. And inside there you can find a "GameVersion.txt". If you have Windows 10, it's possible that OneDrive being active, has moved your folder. I suppose you will need to turn off OneDrive, and then hopefully the folder will be placed back to its original path...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Jan 2018, 21:55

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Thpider wrote:That's right, yep. I followed the instructions on here up to Toddler. I don't have GameVersion.txt file in my S4 folder tho.

Remember there are two "Toddler" DLC. Steps #1 to #10 here. I'm pedantic on this because you normally should not be getting the error that you seem to be getting now.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Base -> Get to Work -> Get together -> City Living -> Toddlers/Vampires/Bowling -> Parenthood -> Fitness -> Toddlers Stuff.

If so, you have to look carefully. The complete filepath is C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. And inside there you can find a "GameVersion.txt". If you have Windows 10, it's possible that OneDrive being active, has moved your folder. I suppose you will need to turn off OneDrive, and then hopefully the folder will be placed back to its original path...

Yep, exactly in that order. I found the file (I was looking in the program file TS4, not the other one) and deleted it. Now the game does black screen as if it's about to start, then flicks off. Not sure what's going on there.

//EDIT

Also I'm windows 7, if that helps

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 26 Jan 2018, 22:04

OK, I think we are one step further.

Can you for the moment try running both the TS4.exe and TS4_x64.exe? Plus running the game as Administrator each time? See if the same occurs.

Also try having a look at the steps here, too.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-lags-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes-updated-on-11-11-2017

I'm have to log off soon; sorry that we couldn't quite solve the issue today, but tomorrow (or sometime else)...is also a day. Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Jan 2018, 22:08

The_gh0stm4n wrote:OK, I think we are one step further.

Can you for the moment try running both the TS4.exe and TS4_x64.exe? Plus running the game as Administrator each time? See if the same occurs.

Also try having a look at the steps here, too.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-lags-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes-updated-on-11-11-2017

I'm have to log off soon; sorry that we couldn't quite solve the issue today, but tomorrow (or sometime else)...is also a day. Very Happy
Tried both and both as admin, same thing. I'll have a read through the link and see if I can figure it out. Thank you for all your help so far (:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top