Sims 4 extensions over the original game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 extensions over the original game?

Post by dollkurumi on Fri 26 Jan 2018, 02:21

So I actually bought the original game but I recently wanted to get the vampires pack. Whenever I try it I get the error "run the game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. Always make sure Origin client is not running" I have seen many people get the similar problem and the fix was always to move the sims 4 folder from electronic arts to Program Files or Program Files (x86). But since I do not have a sims 4 folder on the electronic arts folder I am not sure what to do.

dollkurumi
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 extensions over the original game?

Post by Tarac on Fri 26 Jan 2018, 11:35

Most probably your The Sims 4 folder is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4.
You'll have to move it out of this directory if you want to play pirated versions.
Tarac
G4TW Forum Joker
G4TW Forum Joker

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : All Card games where a Joker is very useful

Male

View user profile https://forumpages.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 4 extensions over the original game?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 26 Jan 2018, 19:50

Welcome to the Forum @dollkurumi,

In addition, make sure to close Origin completely before starting up the game, also the login prompt. You have to start the game from either the TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe, located under the Game\Bin directory, of where Sims 4 is installed.

Also be aware that if you simply copy/paste pirated DLC over your legit basegame of The Sims 4, you won't be able anymore to use any online features (like the Gallery).

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum