Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4. Problem on step 7. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4. Problem on step 7. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 4. Problem on step 7. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 29 Jan 2018, 00:57

Hi everyone.
So i am very confused after trying to install the update. I rename the file "Game" to "Gameold", this action create 7 files with the same name and i can't open the game. How i can fix this? Btw the screenshot in the guide looks like there are 2 "Game" files and the one is renamed, mine had only one. Wat.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4. Problem on step 7. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4. Problem on step 7. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 29 Jan 2018, 01:03

VagueLap wrote:Hi everyone.
So i am very confused after trying to install the update. I rename the file "Game" to "Gameold", this action create 7 files with the same name and i can't open the game. How i can fix this? Btw the screenshot in the guide looks like there are 2 "Game" files and the one is renamed, mine had only one. Wat.

Hello and welcome to the Forum @VagueLap,

We will see to improving the screenshot under step #7, but you should normally follow the steps until the end. In case you do not want that, and only want to play with Toddlers/Vampires/Bowling, then please download the fixed folder here:
https://tinyurl.com/ya5zeuek

Place this new "Game"-folder, where you renamed the old one. Then re-start the game. Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4. Problem on step 7. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4. Problem on step 7. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 29 Jan 2018, 01:33

Normally i want to continue with the steps till Cats and Dogs, but the multi-game folder seems wrong. Where should i place the new folder you send me, i have 7 "Game" folders after renamed one, everyone with other files inside.
Sims 4. Problem on step 7. [SOLVED] Bbbbb10

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 29 Jan 2018, 01:41

VagueLap wrote:Normally i want to continue with the steps till Cats and Dogs, but the multi-game folder seems wrong. Where should i place the new folder you send me, i have 7 "Game" folders after renamed one, everyone with other files inside.
Sims 4. Problem on step 7. [SOLVED] Bbbbb10

In that same folder, just put the new folder "Game".

You ONLY have to do this fix once. If you install the DLC after Toddlers/Vampires/Bowling, you can continue simply merging the new content, into the existing installation of The Sims 4.

Please also consider deleting those Gameold-folders, to avoid future confusion. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Jan 2018, 02:04

I tried fixed it now with parenthood, didnt work Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 29 Jan 2018, 02:08

VagueLap wrote:I tried fixed it now with parenthood, didnt work Sad

For that, please download and apply the update 1.30.105.1010:
https://goo.gl/8Q4kUx

(also includes various general bug fixes as well).

Some of these torrents unfortunately contain errors in terms of the way they were packed, and we apologize for that. The best we can do is to mitigate them afterwards. Personally, I would recommend to everybody to install up to at least "Cats & Dogs" anyway, also because of the added new content.

clown
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Jan 2018, 03:35

Thanks a lot for your fast reply.
I apply the update as u said but i still got this
Sims 4. Problem on step 7. [SOLVED] Vvvv10
Maybe i should try from the start? And if i start from the start how can i keep my save?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 30 Jan 2018, 00:08

VagueLap wrote:Thanks a lot for your fast reply.
I apply the update as u said but i still got this
Sims 4. Problem on step 7. [SOLVED] Vvvv10
Maybe i should try from the start? And if i start from the start how can i keep my save?

Did you extract the updates, with the program WinRAR? Also, are you sure you always replaced the existing files/folders, when you applied new DLC?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jan 2018, 00:14

I send u a pm some minutes ago.
Yes and yes. I keep following the guide. The only thing i didnt do is on step 7 i didnt rename the folder...i just remove it and kept with the next step. maybe thats the problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 30 Jan 2018, 00:21

VagueLap wrote:I send u a pm some minutes ago.
Yes and yes. I keep following the guide. The only thing i didnt do is on step 7 i didnt rename the folder...i just remove it and kept with the next step. maybe thats the problem?

At this point, I honestly have no idea what you could have done (to make this error happen). But the fact that you have a couple of "Gameold" folders could be an indicator that something else is off.

Are you sure you copied/pasted all DLC, into C:\Program files (x86)\The Sims 4? And not under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4?

If nothing works, I'll think about something; maybe I'll send you something through e-mail...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jan 2018, 00:28

FIXED!!!!! i feel so stupid right now. The problem was the old icon of the game on my desktop, so i delete it and made new one. Very Happy
But...the game warned about something 32/64 wtf is this? the game suggest to change to 64 what should i do?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 30 Jan 2018, 00:42

VagueLap wrote:FIXED!!!!! i feel so stupid right now. The problem was the old icon of the game on my desktop, so i delete it and made new one. Very Happy
But...the game warned about something 32/64 wtf is this? the game suggest to change to 64 what should i do?

If your installation folder is located under C:\Program files (x86), you should only use the TS4.exe (32-bit version).

If your installation is under C:\Program files however, then you can choose between TS4_x64.exe (64-bit version), and the TS4.exe.

Other than that, I myself have not tested the game fully enough to notice if it matters that much. I tested it for about half an hour or so, with no issues. Glad to hear you got it working, and I suppose you can also ignore my e-mail reply to you. Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jan 2018, 01:01

Thank you very much for your replies and your work here!
You are the best!! <3

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 30 Jan 2018, 17:06

VagueLap wrote:Thank you very much for your replies and your work here!
You are the best!! <3

No, you are.  Haters gonna hate

Have fun with the game, and feel free to get in touch with us again, anytime! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top