Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expansions/Error 3.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Expansions/Error 3. Empty Expansions/Error 3.

Post by Guest Sun 04 Feb 2018, 22:46

Hello, 

First of all, thank you so much for all the games and expansions you've made available to us, I cannot thank you enough!!

My question is : I have The Sims 4 and have installed up to the Toddlers pack but since I only have a laptop with 2GB of RAM, I cannot install Cats & Dogs too, so I was wondering if I could directly install Laundry without Cats & Dogs or should I just stop with Toddlers?

Also, since I can't download Cats & Dogs, does anyone have a fix for the Error 3 I've started getting with the Toddlers pack?

Thank you in advance. Smile

Back to top Go down

Expansions/Error 3. Empty Re: Expansions/Error 3.

Post by Guest Mon 05 Feb 2018, 10:01

Hi there, no, you cannot just install Laundry pack, as you need all the Dlc's to be able to run it.
I do not know how to fix the error code, as the links to the fix are no longer available and you can not use the latest game folder, which would be laundry stuff. Maybe the Ghostman can help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Feb 2018, 10:57

You can install Cats & Dogs and exclude it from your game (if required).
After the installation of C&D open the file RldOrigin.ini in your install folder Program Files\The Sims 4\Game\Bin.
Scroll down till you see IID145, ETG145 and GRP145. Place semicolons in front of these 3 lines and save the file.

Remember: You'll have to repeat this action after any new DLC or update.

Error 3: When you download Laundry Day, delete the existing Game folder from Program Files\The Sims 4\ and then copy/paste the folders from the download to your install folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Feb 2018, 16:26

I'll try doing what you've said.

Thank you so much for your answers and help. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 05 Feb 2018, 20:21

grapo wrote:I'll try doing what you've said.

Thank you so much for your answers and help. Smile

Welcome to the Forum @grapo,

Error Code 3/endless loading-fixes can be found in the thread here, in addition:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-screen-game-folders-version-1-38-49-1020

The one under the main "download link" is always for the latest available DLC, while the other links at the bottom are for older DLC. If you do the above suggestion, you do NOT need to apply these fixes though. 

Also, you only have to apply this fix once (which you are doing now). As for future DLC releases you can simply copy/paste them over your entire installation.

Do keep us posted!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Mar 2018, 21:38

Hi, 

Thank you so much for all the help; I went with Tarac's suggestion but Cats & Dogs still show up in my game, not that I'm complaining since the game is still working fine for me even though I don't have the best laptop.

Thank you again for the help, I really appreciated it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top