Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interactions Missing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interactions Missing. Empty Interactions Missing.

Post by Guest Mon 05 Feb 2018, 18:20

So, I'm all patched up to Cats & Dogs.  The download for Laundry Day seems to be missing.  I'm all the way up to 1.38.49.1020 and everything.

First, updating to Cats & Dogs caused an Error 3 to occur, but downloading the patch fixed that.

Next, I started noticing certain interactions went missing.  A couple days ago, I could click the fridge, choose "Cook" and get the window menu.  Now, I can't.  Can't travel with anyone, either.  Can't chat with anyone on the computer.  Can't "join" a pregnant sim in labor to the hospital.  I can't "join" anyone to work from the "Get To Work" careers.  Can't change outfits with a dresser.  Basically, ANY interaction that would otherwise bring up some kind of window in the UI doesn't work at all.

My first thought: "Maybe a mod I downloaded caused the issue."  So, I uninstalled ALL MODS.  Not wanting to jeopardize the active household I'm working on, I naturally changed to a different household to test without mods.  Same issue.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the WHOLE THING about 5 times, now.  I've yet to start a new game with new sims and a new household, but I may try that.  Frankly, at this point, I'm a little desperate to get this to work.

Anyone else having this issue or am I going insane?

Back to top Go down

Interactions Missing. Empty Re: Interactions Missing.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 05 Feb 2018, 20:17

Hello @PamperedDuchess and welcome to the Forum,

Please try DELETING the subfolder "Game", from where your Sims 4 game is installed. Then you download the fixed-folder here (compatible with game version 1.38):
https://goo.gl/wK4LdG

And put the folder where the old one was. Then try the game again.

Indeed, the Laundry Day Stuff has not been added yet to the main G4TW website. Which is because it is run by a different person. That person does work periodically on the site, but in general expect a "discrepancy" between Forum activities and the main G4TW website. You should also check the "News" section at the top of the Forum, as we typically announce all new releases there, as well.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Feb 2018, 21:57

Thanks for the warm welcome. Smile  It's funny that I've actually been around the site about as long as the original crack for Sims 4, but this is the first time I thought that the issue warranted a "WTF?  Did I mess something up?" thread from me.

Yes, I did that.  Still having the issue.  Couldn't even click the active sim and change clothes because that requires a window to pop up on the UI and my game seems to hate those at present. *sigh*

I'm actually looking forward to that to test out the viability with ZombieCleo's "Decades Challenge".  No rush, though.

//EDIT

Well... it's definitive: even starting a new game doesn't change the outcome.  Windows won't pop up. Interactions Missing. 4011807745

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 06 Feb 2018, 17:41

If you downloaded the G4TW stuff, did you use WinRAR for extracting the downloads? Also...did you play the game in the past already, and if so, was it working before (you installed Cats & Dogs)?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Feb 2018, 09:59

Yes, the whole game is G4TW version.  One thing I've learned: never mix one cracked version of the game with another.

Yes, I was playing the game a day before I posted this and didn't have the issue.  I noticed the issue after putting in a pregnancy mod that I thought I'd give a whirl.  That's when I started seeing the issue.  So, I disabled all mods, moved the folder to the desktop, and forced the game to recreate the folder.  My current game doesn't have any mods at all until I can figure out if this whole thing is an incompatibility glitch or something deeper.

It was working as normal WITH Cats & Dogs installed... after an Error 3 correction, of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 09 Feb 2018, 19:15

PamperedDuchess wrote:Yes, the whole game is G4TW version.  One thing I've learned: never mix one cracked version of the game with another.

Yes, I was playing the game a day before I posted this and didn't have the issue.  I noticed the issue after putting in a pregnancy mod that I thought I'd give a whirl.  That's when I started seeing the issue.  So, I disabled all mods, moved the folder to the desktop, and forced the game to recreate the folder.  My current game doesn't have any mods at all until I can figure out if this whole thing is an incompatibility glitch or something deeper.

It was working as normal WITH Cats & Dogs installed... after an Error 3 correction, of course.

Sorry to hear about these difficulties, but at that point I wouldn't know about much else that you could try. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  If the game was working for you with just the Cats & Dogs update (version 1.36.102.1020), then you could try installing just up to Cats & Dogs. 

Delete the subfolder "Game" from where you have TS4 installed. Download the fixed one here:
https://tinyurl.com/y8qhlv8o

This folder is specifically for the Cats & Dogs update, and should bypass the Error Code 3, endless loading, etc.

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Interactions Missing. Empty having the same problem

Post by Guest Sun 11 Feb 2018, 22:10

I'm having the same problem I click on bake can't a pink circle comes up, try to do laundry and can't click on it because the it shows what to do but can't click on it like it's invisible in the running a business it want work there either same pink circle comes up and I did exactly what you told the other player to do

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Feb 2018, 09:58

How about we both try the new update and see if it helps?  There's been a patch or two since I created this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 27 Feb 2018, 19:31

stcharlesmom wrote:I'm having the same problem I click on bake can't a pink circle comes up, try to do laundry and can't click on it because the it shows what to do but can't click on it like it's invisible in the running a business it want work there either same pink circle comes up and I did exactly what you told the other player to do

Go under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ and delete the following:
Interactions Missing. Icon_arrow  localthumbschace.package
Interactions Missing. Icon_arrow  the contents inside folder "cache" (not the actual "cache" folder though!)
Interactions Missing. Icon_arrow  and the contents inside the folder "cachestr" (not the actual "cachestr" folder though!)

But...

PamperedDuchess wrote:How about we both try the new update and see if it helps?  There's been a patch or two since I created this thread.

If cache file deleting does not work, and you have made sure to apply the right "Game"-folder, AND mods/CC are alright, then...waiting for a new update and applying it can help, yes. But I would not count on it: as history has shown, mostly these in-game bugs can't be fixed by applying a new update.

Take a look at the "patch"-notes here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32702-official-the-sims-4-ea-patch-notes

New updates that come out only fix a minimal number of bugs; and you can bet that the main reason these mini-updates are released so frequently, is to try and make it more difficult for pirates to keep up.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Mar 2018, 22:55

Ironically enough, updating with an empty mods folder actually fixed the problem.  There's one or two of the script mods I don't fully trust to not break the interactions again, so I've opted not to install them.  Thanks for all the help, too.  I really learned about a few subtle nuances I wasn't familiar with before.  I'll implement them going forward.

Again... thank you. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top