Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-Generated CAS Thumbnails.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pre-Generated CAS Thumbnails. Empty Pre-Generated CAS Thumbnails.

Post by Guest Tue 06 Feb 2018, 00:38

I went and generated all the thumbnails for G4TW's store content, so I figured I'd share the package to save others the time of generating the thumbnails. Nothing major, but might interest somebody.

Arrow  Download link (cloud.mail.ru)    (MEGA Mirror)

Mod edit: re-uploaded & link shortened.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Pre-Generated CAS Thumbnails. Empty Re: Pre-Generated CAS Thumbnails.

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2018, 19:14

dumb question: overrides or packages?

anyways- thanks for the pregenerated CAS thumbnails! <3

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 07 Mar 2018, 19:41

4/3 wrote:dumb question: overrides or packages?

Welcome to the Forum @4/3,

In general, under Packages. 

The content in the "Overrides"-folder - as the name implies - is given preference when loading into the game. I never fully understood when you should actually use the Overrides-folder. 

I think one example in practice is if you have two script mods that achieve (roughly) the same effects, you can test them by putting one of them into Packages and the other one in Overrides. The mod that is inside "Overrides" will override the functions of the mod that is inside "Packages": the idea is or seems to be, that you should not have two mods under "Packages" if they have the same in-game effects. So you can bypass the issue by putting one of the mods into the Overrides-folder.

Another example is when you have reason to believe a particular .package file does not "load"/is not being recognized, then you can put it under Overrides. Though this particular case seems to be rare.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Sat 24 Mar 2018, 17:48

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
4/3 wrote:dumb question: overrides or packages?

Welcome to the Forum @4/3,

In general, under Packages. 

The content in the "Overrides"-folder - as the name implies - is given preference when loading into the game. I never fully understood when you should actually use the Overrides-folder. 

I think one example in practice is if you have two script mods that achieve (roughly) the same effects, you can test them by putting one of them into Packages and the other one in Overrides. The mod that is inside "Overrides" will override the functions of the mod that is inside "Packages": the idea is or seems to be, that you should not have two mods under "Packages" if they have the same in-game effects. So you can bypass the issue by putting one of the mods into the Overrides-folder.

Another example is when you have reason to believe a particular .package file does not "load"/is not being recognized, then you can put it under Overrides. Though this particular case seems to be rare.

Actually the proper use of the Overrides folder is to place mods that effect global game play in there. For example: a custom load screen mod (I use a modified version of LScreenMod by RoleSim) that "overrides" the default load screen or the NoMaxisIntro mod. I've also found that NRaas Master Controller works "better" when run from the Overrides folder.

Seperating your mods into at least these two folders will also help the game load a little bit to a lot faster, depending on how many mods you have. I also have a Probation and a Test folder in my mod setup (as well as a few specialized modding folders) as well as a modified config file to tell the game how to load the folders. The average mod user only needs the  Overrides and Packages folders and the default config file.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top