Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downloading from scratch. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Downloading from scratch. [SOLVED] Empty Downloading from scratch. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 09 Feb 2018, 15:34

GHi, re installing sims4 and all expansion packs from scratch onto my pc. It has changed slightly since  my last visit (ultimate fix, pirate bay etc) I see that the packs need to be downloaded in a specific order, or is this just installed in a specific order? Can I have them all downloading in butlord at once or do I need to wait till each individual one has downloaded and installed before moving onto the next? Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Downloading from scratch. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Downloading from scratch. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 09 Feb 2018, 16:19

Downloading can be done in any order, but installing only in the order as described in the must-read section, https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly#.

There are some torrent-downloads available on the internet for an all-in download, but none of these are updated upto and incl. version 1.39.74.1020.
There is one direct, trusted and reliable, DOWNLOAD covering everything from basegame upto and incl. Laundry Day latest version 1.39.74.1020.
It comes as an .iso file and is originally intended for members of my Dutch forum.

1. Download the .iso (25,12 GB)
  2. Mount in PowerIso or Daemon (In windows 10 just rightclick on the iso and choose Open with Explorer)
  3. Copy all files and folders from the mounted iso to your hard disk (or external drive)
    Do NOT install into directories like Origin, Origin Games, Electronic Arts.
  4. Start the game by clicking on TS4 or TS4_x64.exe in your installation folder The Sims 4\Game\Bin (make shortcut)
  5. Game is by default in Dutch but you can change the language of course.

This is the kind of download G4TW is planning to release after the last DLC of the Sims 4 (When The Sims 5 starts)

Don't blame G4TW for not offering such a download themselves as a torrent at present. It would become extremely confusing uploading a new version everytime Electronic Arts decides to come with a new DLC or update. Besides that, most people already have many DLC installed so they don't need a large over 25 GB download after all.
Also bear in mind that G4TW nowadays is a forum only. The Admins/Mods have no longer access to the download-page (https://games4theworld.org/downloads/) and cannot add new expansions to that page. The staff does whatever they can to keep us uptodate with the current games but their possibilities are limited.

Last edited by Tarac on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 15:41; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 09 Feb 2018, 18:58

I actually tried and succeeded in uploading the entire installation folder of The Sims 4 on MEGA, and was going to talk to ~Ann~ about it, but since those mini-updates seem to be released more frequently these days, it is (still) a huge hassle, and from my perspective we're not sure if we are going to publish those downloads.

Of course, there will be an all-in-one release, at the end of the game's lifespan.

Probably going to leave it up to @Tarac to 'attending' those requests for all-in-one releases.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Feb 2018, 10:56

The_gh0stm4n wrote:I actually tried and succeeded in uploading the entire installation folder of The Sims 4 on MEGA, and was going to talk to ~Ann~ about it, but since those mini-updates seem to be released more frequently these days, it is (still) a huge hassle, and from my perspective we're not sure if we are going to publish those downloads.

Of course, there will be an all-in-one release, at the end of the game's lifespan.

Probably going to leave it up to @Tarac to 'attending' those requests for all-in-one releases.
I'll do my utmost and try to keep these all-in-one up-to-date. Uploading 25 GB took me approx. 3 hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Feb 2018, 18:36

I am going to attempt to download the link you put up Tarac (I'm a bit anxious as to how reliable it is etc) but I hope it works. Thanks for sharing. Currently it says it will take roughly 3 hours to download.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Feb 2018, 18:38

xllmtx wrote:I am going to attempt to download the link you put up Tarac (I'm a bit anxious as to how reliable it is etc) but I hope it works. Thanks for sharing. Currently it says it will take roughly 3 hours to download.
Downloadtime is of course dependable on the speed of your internet.
The game itself is 100% reliable and comparable with the G4TW downloads

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Feb 2018, 21:19

Ok so I have it downloaded in PowerISO. Could you be a little more clear for me please on what to do next? I'm new to this way of doing it. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Feb 2018, 21:36

Downloading from scratch. [SOLVED] Sims10

Currently getting this error msg on setup 1 and 2 meaning it won't allow me to run the main set up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Feb 2018, 21:43

xllmtx wrote:Ok so I have it downloaded in PowerISO. Could you be a little more clear for me please on what to do next? I'm new to this way of doing it. Thanks!
When you have mounted the downloaded .iso in Poweriso or opened the .iso with Explorer you'll see 1 folder The Sims 4.
Copy that folder to anaywhere on your computer but not into another folder Origin, Origin Games or Electronic Arts.

When copied open the location you have copied it to, open the folder Game, open the folder Bin
When you click TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe the Sims 4 will start (however in Dutch)
To change the language, open the file RldOrigin.ini first with f.e. notepad. Change the line Language=nl_NL to your requested language such as Language-en_US for english.
Save the file and rightclick on TS4 or TS4_x64 to start the game as an Administrator.

The picture you showed us doesn't look like the Sims 4 all in one, but The Sims 4 base game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Feb 2018, 21:49

I downloaded it from here https://forumpages.weebly.com/sims-4-all-in-one.html . I've gone into downloads, right clicked on sims 4 and open with internet explorer and it says  'cant reach this page'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Feb 2018, 21:56

xllmtx wrote:I downloaded it from here https://forumpages.weebly.com/sims-4-all-in-one.html . I've gone into downloads, right clicked on sims 4 and open with internet explorer and it says  'cant reach this page'
The download from that page is 25,1 GB
Your picture shows just less than 4 GB

So it looks like you mounted the wrong iso in Poweriso
When you use Poweriso don't try with Explorer as well. It's either or.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Feb 2018, 22:04

Sorry my mistake I have found the correct one. The game is working. Yay! Thanks so much.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 11 Feb 2018, 06:01

Problem solved, topic closed. Have fun with the game, and feel free to get in touch with us again, anytime! Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top