Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 Jungle adventures?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 Jungle adventures?  - Page 3 Empty The Sims 4 Jungle adventures?

Post by Guest Tue 13 Feb 2018, 22:40

First topic message reminder :

It looks like another GAME PACK (seriously, what's the difference between GPs and EPs?) has been announced! The Sims 4 World Adventures or Jungle Adventure as they call it now ( Wat.)

We will get a new town, new adventures (not really) and as always brilliant CAS items and build mode items.
It will release on February 27th!
Have a look at the trailer!

So what's your opinion?
Who asked for another rehash of old packs they had to do to prevent others from complaining?!
Another game pack? I think I'll pass... Boring stuff.
I guess I'll try it.. Not much to say about it..
World Adventures in The Sims 3 looked so much fun! Maybe this will too. (my opinion!)
WHAT THE?!?!? OMG it looks super fun!! I won't sleep on February 27th. I'll keep looking if it's out or not!!!

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Jungle adventures?  - Page 3 Empty Re: The Sims 4 Jungle adventures?

Post by Guest Wed 28 Feb 2018, 19:37

i just installed zlorigin and reinstalled all games couldn't wait xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Feb 2018, 19:42

Allydean80 wrote:
simsus1234 wrote:Yayy! Where can we find it ?

The cracked version is not out yet on g4tw.

Sent from Topic'it App
Yes, i was just asking because the guy said he's downloading something now and will upload when ready.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 28 Feb 2018, 19:52

simsus1234 wrote:Yes, i was just asking because the guy said he's downloading something now and will upload when ready.

I have given out the link to a couple of people that we "know" in the community here. The only reason I did this, is because the download is comparatively big (5.01GB compressed), and those few people will help us seeding this item, to help speed up things when ~Ann~ makes the official announcement.

Other than that, yes, the ZLOrigin is also a feasible alternative in the meantime.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Feb 2018, 19:59

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
simsus1234 wrote:Yes, i was just asking because the guy said he's downloading something now and will upload when ready.

I have given out the link to a couple of people that we "know" in the community here. The only reason I did this, is because the download is comparatively big (5.01GB compressed), and those few people will help us seeding this item, to help speed up things when ~Ann~ makes the official announcement.

Other than that, yes, the ZLOrigin is also a feasible alternative in the meantime.

Thank you. I will wait until its official then.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 28 Feb 2018, 20:00

Allydean80 wrote:
Thank you. I will wait until its official then.

Sent from Topic'it App

No, thank YOU ALL for bringing up patience with us!

Happy B-day!   Piece of cake.  Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Wed 28 Feb 2018, 20:11

Once is cracked and the torrent liberated I will make the compromise to seeding it continuously for at least 24 hours if my IP doesn't get blocked, in which case I will have to reset Utorrent account.
Thanks Ghostman and Tarac for your concerns and trying to help; I know it is not an easy task from experience. Carlos is tha man
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Feb 2018, 20:17

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

I will wait as well. You guys are, after all, always reliable.
And i have to save up some simoleons before i can venture into the jungle anyways Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Feb 2018, 20:37

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

How can we seed, the best we can do is act as a mirror.
Seeding can only be done via a torrent

Having my upload completed, how long do we hang on for Ann to make the announcement because it's ridiculous that just 1 person keeps a whole G4TW forum in suspense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Feb 2018, 20:47

It looks great, but  I wish we'd get Seasons already! WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 28 Feb 2018, 20:54

Tarac wrote:How can we seed, the best we can do is act as a mirror.
Seeding can only be done via a torrent

Having my upload completed, how long do we hang on for Ann to make the announcement because it's ridiculous that just 1 person keeps a whole G4TW forum in suspense.

That's not quite accurate (see the e-mail I sent you). I sent you the .torrent file for the new DLC.

You put the .rar file (the one with 5.01 GB) to where your torrents are normally saved. Then open the .torrent, or magnet. Typically you will get to choose a folder location where the torrent is to be saved, of course choose the path where you put the 5GB .rar file to.

Now (!!!), if done correctly so far, your torrent client will be "checking", and when this is done, the client will be seeding. Remember: you downloaded this "source file" NOT from the torrent-network of peers, but rather from the GoogleDrive link I gave you earlier. The - what I call - source file, does NOT need to be downloaded from other peers.

For example, if you wanted to prepare a release for a bigger game, you could upload the game to a suitable service like MEGA or STACK, then give the link to that filehosting service to friends (people who are willing to help seed). Then give them the instructions as above, and you are ready!

I know the arrangement of "roles" upsets some people here, and from my end I can only promise to bring up the issue once more, next time I get to talk to ~Ann~. I'm sorry for the delay in the meantime...

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Mar 2018, 00:21

I'm going to be patient. But I know Skidrow Reloaded posted the crack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Mar 2018, 10:17

Just because I'm curious and cannot find an answer in any other thread...what happened with the admins and moderators? The old admin left?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 01 Mar 2018, 19:13

Urbiezira wrote:what happened with the admins and moderators? The old admin left?

(Web)Master Admin has left the Forum, yes. But he still seems to maintain the G4TW website & the Minecraft server. See also this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32466-founder-account-please-read-and-vote

As for the former (pink) Moderators, they were removed due to longterm inactivity. Most of their last meaningful activity - with the exception of Sim Architect - was from late 2013, if I recall correctly.

People always view changes like these as suspicious, but I think it's fair to say that the remaining team - with the help of some other regular users - are doing a great job keeping up G4TW. So there's that. 

Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Thu 01 Mar 2018, 20:04

Some of us, old timers are still around. I had to leave due to the fact of a broken PC and I also moved to another state in which the connection was via radio and unreliable. I personally pay for band-ussage, but I'm back and helping when I can by seeding when the Updates get released. Due to work and other aspects I do not make a compromise to be here all the time; however, I will try to support you guys in any way I can. Carlos is tha man  You've done a great job, so far.
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Mar 2018, 20:48

I couldn't wait and I bought the game from origin. However I don't own all the packs so I'll probably download g4tw's version too, when it's released, to play the complete collection. Thank you for giving us free games! I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Thu 01 Mar 2018, 21:46

alex_alex09 wrote:I couldn't wait and I bought the game from origin. However I don't own all the packs so I'll probably download g4tw's version too, when it's released, to play the complete collection. Thank you for giving us free games! I tip my fedora.
The collection is up do date now. check the download section at G4TW and also the latest updates are announced on the forum news.
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Mar 2018, 22:23

I just tried Jungle Adventure and I can say I don't like it the way I thought it would be.
 The only things I was excited for are the world, and it had uncharted territories similar to uncharted islands in The Sims 3 Island Paradise, and the tomb exploring. It appears your Sim disappears when you enter the tomb. Just a window pops up with 3 options, which is 1 if you bought some things from the store.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Mar 2018, 15:26

MilosGamerSRB wrote:I just tried Jungle Adventure and I can say I don't like it the way I thought it would be.
 The only things I was excited for are the world, and it had uncharted territories similar to uncharted islands in The Sims 3 Island Paradise, and the tomb exploring. It appears your Sim disappears when you enter the tomb. Just a window pops up with 3 options, which is 1 if you bought some things from the store.

Yes it's a big disappointment. I went through the whole jungle and the only thing worth it was the awesome views and build mode collection.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Mar 2018, 16:33

Allydean80 wrote:
MilosGamerSRB wrote:I just tried Jungle Adventure and I can say I don't like it the way I thought it would be.

Yes it's a big disappointment. I went through the whole jungle and the only thing worth it was the awesome views and build mode collection.

Have you visited the temples, tombes etc. ?
All the items with the question mark in the world ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Mar 2018, 16:42

Tarac wrote:
Allydean80 wrote:

Yes I played for six hours today. Temple quest completed.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Mar 2018, 21:59

That's the best thing about piracy. You won't lose any pennies if you don't like the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Mar 2018, 22:31

Allydean80 wrote:
Tarac wrote:
Allydean80 wrote:

Yes I played for six hours today. Temple quest completed.

Sent from Topic'it App
That is impossible. You cannot do all of that in 6 hours.
Many of these temples can not be reached during your first vacation.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 06 Mar 2018, 01:01

Also, because I just saw this here in the chatbox archives (yes, I am checking the archives regularly).

The Sims 4 Jungle adventures?  - Page 3 MA6EAABEAABEAABEBAEIN7gECAAAiAAAiAAAiAwIQIQbxOaLJgKAiAAAiAAAiAAAhBv8AEQAAEQAAEQAAEQmBABiLcJTRZMBQEQAAEQAAEQAIFru7u7vwADCIAACIAACIAACIDANAhAvE1jnmAlCIAACIAACIAACDgCEG9wBBAAARAAARAAARCYEAGItwlNFkwFARAAARAAARAAgf8DtPTJYccIWHEAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

After my notifications, ~Ann~ usually replies/announces within the first 24 hours, and this time it was even slightly less than 24. 24-48 hours is in my eyes fine enough.

On the one hand, people say "not everybody should make announcements" and "hierarchy is important". On the other hand, they complain about the person in charge not being regularly on the Forum...?!

You can't have it both ways, people. And I'm not just addressing @Tarac here, but the users in general. If you want to grant the privilege of announcing these things to one particular person, then you also have to take into account the 'schedule' of the person. In other words, you cannot have the good without the bad.

And to spin things further. Pondering about past deeds from the old Admin or about privileges of Administrators on a very abstract level, is all well and fine. But when it comes to making an actual decision, things become tricky. In this instance, what is more important? A super-quick release of a DLC or Admin-privileges? Again, I am not siding for any specific viewpoint here, but rather asking the crowd here what decision they would ultimately make. 

Most people underestimate that being Moderator is about far more than responding to Sims-related questions. Or giving a well-founded insight into highly-technical IT-related subject matters. Knowledge can be learned from books, but judgment & decision-making usually not. Granted, the latter is a strong suit of mine in part due to my own educational/professional background, but still.

Moreover, I have seen none of you addressing ~Ann~ directly about the issue? (maybe because you implicitly 'fear' you won't get a direct reply, because she is on the Forum less regularly than I am?). Remember: if you do not like what I say or do, then open a new topic here, asking ~Ann~ directly: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/f6-site-navigation-suggestions

I could henceforth continue with the "inheritance of the old Admin" and that a lot of you are a product of his "era", but to say something in his favor as well. At the time he started G4TW he wanted it to become as popular as possible. As is discernible by the wide variety of platforms: the Forum, e-mail Support, a website, later on a Minecraft-server, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc. And he had a great deal of flexibility regarding (community) moderation, and not that many written rules. All cool and fine, when starting a new Forum. But old principles don't necessarily apply to the future as well, and I would definitely say the circumstances have changed quite a lot. People - on the internet in general - are more ungrateful and hostile these days, than at the time the Forum here was opened. People are more impatient. People take everything for granted. Not everybody of course, but I would still say this applies to the majority of users. 

I'm already getting off-topic here. But yes, expect more bluntness like that from me, in the future.  Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Mar 2018, 05:00

If you enable testingcheats, you can teleport to the temple by shift clicking on sim. No more sending them there for second vacation because this GP got no replay value.

But I'm wondering how many temples out there? Because I haven't done even a single one since I was already tired.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Mar 2018, 10:22

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Also, because I just saw this here in the chatbox archives (yes, I am checking the archives regularly).

The Sims 4 Jungle adventures?  - Page 3 MA6EAABEAABEAABEBAEIN7gECAAAiAAAiAAAiAwIQIQbxOaLJgKAiAAAiAAAiAAAhBv8AEQAAEQAAEQAAEQmBABiLcJTRZMBQEQAAEQAAEQAIFru7u7vwADCIAACIAACIAACIDANAhAvE1jnmAlCIAACIAACIAACDgCEG9wBBAAARAAARAAARCYEAGItwlNFkwFARAAARAAARAAgf8DtPTJYccIWHEAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

After my notifications, ~Ann~ usually replies/announces within the first 24 hours, and this time it was even slightly less than 24. 24-48 hours is in my eyes fine enough.

On the one hand, people say "not everybody should make announcements" and "hierarchy is important". On the other hand, they complain about the person in charge not being regularly on the Forum...?!

You can't have it both ways, people. And I'm not just addressing @Tarac here, but the users in general. If you want to grant the privilege of announcing these things to one particular person, then you also have to take into account the 'schedule' of the person. In other words, you cannot have the good without the bad.

And to spin things further. Pondering about past deeds from the old Admin or about privileges of Administrators on a very abstract level, is all well and fine. But when it comes to making an actual decision, things become tricky. In this instance, what is more important? A super-quick release of a DLC or Admin-privileges? Again, I am not siding for any specific viewpoint here, but rather asking the crowd here what decision they would ultimately make. 

Most people underestimate that being Moderator is about far more than responding to Sims-related questions. Or giving a well-founded insight into highly-technical IT-related subject matters. Knowledge can be learned from books, but judgment & decision-making usually not. Granted, the latter is a strong suit of mine in part due to my own educational/professional background, but still.

Moreover, I have seen none of you addressing ~Ann~ directly about the issue? (maybe because you implicitly 'fear' you won't get a direct reply, because she is on the Forum less regularly than I am?). Remember: if you do not like what I say or do, then open a new topic here, asking ~Ann~ directly: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/f6-site-navigation-suggestions

I could henceforth continue with the "inheritance of the old Admin" and that a lot of you are a product of his "era", but to say something in his favor as well. At the time he started G4TW he wanted it to become as popular as possible. As is discernible by the wide variety of platforms: the Forum, e-mail Support, a website, later on a Minecraft-server, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc. And he had a great deal of flexibility regarding (community) moderation, and not that many written rules. All cool and fine, when starting a new Forum. But old principles don't necessarily apply to the future as well, and I would definitely say the circumstances have changed quite a lot. People - on the internet in general - are more ungrateful and hostile these days, than at the time the Forum here was opened. People are more impatient. People take everything for granted. Not everybody of course, but I would still say this applies to the majority of users. 

I'm already getting off-topic here. But yes, expect more bluntness like that from me, in the future.  Carlos is tha man
The times are changing indeed.
Not so long ago it took weeks, sometimes months, before a new DLC was cracked. Since ZLOrigin it is just a matter of hours.
This means that as soon as a new DLC is published, we want it NOW !!!
Announcing that you have a cracked version available but having to wait for Ann to make it official is like rubbing salt in the wounds.
Why not release it immediately, especially when you know full well that YOUR forum-members are anxiously waiting.

Being a mod or and admin on a forum comes with some responsibilities (like it or not) and one of them is to check the forum several times a day.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 06 Mar 2018, 17:35

Tarac wrote:This means that as soon as a new DLC is published, we want it NOW !!!

Who is "we"; are people really so impatient to wait about 24 hours?

Tarac wrote:Why not release it immediately, especially when you know full well that YOUR forum-members are anxiously waiting.

"Your" (my) forum-members? I am almost thinking that the Dutch language has a strange way of using pronouns, and you are translating literally from Dutch into English, hence my confusion.

Regardless of Dutch grammar, it's still not "my" Forum, as I have not much policy-/decision-making influence on here, And again, if you disagree with the policy, feel free to address ~Ann~ directly. As much as I'm basically willing to accept your point, I myself will not lobby for a policy change. 24-48 hours between my initial notification and the official announcement, is still a good-enough time period, so I don't really see much point in pushing for a change in this regard.

Tarac wrote:Announcing that you have a cracked version available but having to wait for Ann to make it official is like rubbing salt in the wounds.

So part of the problem is that I mention in public "the torrent is ready"? If I had not done it, you would have posted your .ISO/All-in-one stuff all over the place, despite me repeating multiple times that only ~Ann~ announces new torrents here. It's a communicative measure, and after all, I also know that ~Ann~ these days likes to start up TS4 once, and testing the download for full functionality before making the announcement on the Forum. This is to save us embarrassments along the lines of some past DLC, like Parenthood & Toddlers Stuff. So yes, ~Ann~ also briefly playtests these DLC.

Plus, ~Ann~ also creates the adfly-links, so another minor reason for her to make the announcements.

Even if I had not posted at all on here during the interim period, most people know that ZLOrigin has released the DLC. With or without me "rubbing salt in the wounds" they would have come to the same conclusion themselves.

Tarac wrote:(like it or not) and one of them is to check the forum several times a day.

I would tend to agree, but if real-life issues stand in the way, that principle will need to be thrown overboard. And ~Ann~ indeed seems to be rather busy at the moment. No worries, we have reason to anticipate a stronger presence of ~Ann~ in hopefully the near future already. If someone's real-life situation is such that they simply cannot commit, then it's probably best to not stress the issue too much and wait for better times. 

What we have done is a decent-enough compromise: preview versions of the DLC have been given out to some selected people, with the request to help seeding when the announcement is made. Plus, we will also make sure to have at least one direct download link in all future releases. To my very surprise, I must admit, the torrent spread very quickly, so there's that. If you have better ideas on how to work around the current situation on G4TW, other than breaking (unwritten) rules, feel free to share.

I get your frustration. Yet I can continue the discussion ad infinitum if needed. 

If the policy were to change, then maybe like this. A possible workaround that I have also proposed at some point in the past, would be to have a neutral account, without a team member status, announcing things. As is done on some other Forums. Several team members would have access to the account, and it would avoid the impression that a particular team member is "too prominent".

The Admin once pointed out that only Administrators should make announcements, and the way I see it, you people will have to "deal with it". I must admit (and the more vigilant amongst you certainly have noticed it by now), there is also a bias in my own thinking. I never was a close friend of The Admin, unlike most other Moderators, and I also think his style of running a Forum may have been all the fashion in the late 1990s/early 2000s. I freely admit that. But still I will not lobby ~Ann~ for a change here - I am basically fine with the policy. We have more pressing problems to address in the long run, rather than the question of who announces stuff.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Mar 2018, 17:54

The_gh0stm4n wrote:The Admin once pointed out that only Administrators should make announcements, and the way I see it, you people will have to "deal with it". I must admit (and the more vigilant amongst you certainly have noticed it by now), there is also a bias in my own thinking. I never was a close friend of The Admin, unlike most other Moderators, and I also think his style of running a Forum may have been all the fashion in the late 1990s/early 2000s. I freely admit that. But still I will not lobby ~Ann~ for a change here - I am basically fine with the policy. We have more pressing problems to address in the long run, rather than the question of who announces stuff.
We can endlessly argue about this, but my thoughts are:
"The King (Admin) is "dead", long live the new king."
Time to make a fresh start.

The_gh0stm4n wrote:"Your" (my) forum-members? I am almost thinking that the Dutch language has a strange way of using pronouns, and you are translating literally from Dutch into English, hence my confusion.

Regardless of Dutch grammar, it's still not "my" Forum, as I have not much policy-/decision-making influence on here, And again, if you disagree with the policy, feel free to address ~Ann~ directly. As much as I'm basically willing to accept your point, I myself will not lobby for a policy change. 24-48 hours between my initial notification and the official announcement, is still a good-enough time period, so I don't really see much point in pushing for a change in this regard.
I don't think it's a matter of grammar
WE = the members of this forum, like me and a couple of thousand others
YOU = The staff of this forum.

The_Gh0stm4n wrote: If I had not done it, you would have posted your .ISO/All-in-one stuff all over the place, despite me repeating multiple times that only ~Ann~ announces new torrents here

I had no intention to post my .ISO.
That only came up when I tried to download the Fitgirl-version and got stuck after a couple of efforts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top