Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question. Origin ID + Fitgirl Pack.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question. Origin ID + Fitgirl Pack. Empty Question. Origin ID + Fitgirl Pack.

Post by Guest Sat 24 Feb 2018, 19:13

I was using fitgirl's pack and playing with all expansions/etc. I recently got a working origin id that has the base game I can download. Is there any way to combine these two?

Back to top Go down

Question. Origin ID + Fitgirl Pack. Empty Re: Question. Origin ID + Fitgirl Pack.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 24 Feb 2018, 19:15

sayayan wrote:I was using fitgirl's pack and playing with all expansions/etc. I recently got a working origin id that has the base game I can download. Is there any way to combine these two?

Hello @sayayan,

You cannot add pirated DLC "into" a legit Origin-version of The Sims 4, if that is what you wanted to know. I'm sorry to disappoint. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Question. Origin ID + Fitgirl Pack. Empty Re: Question. Origin ID + Fitgirl Pack.

Post by Guest Sat 24 Feb 2018, 19:20

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
sayayan wrote:I was using fitgirl's pack and playing with all expansions/etc. I recently got a working origin id that has the base game I can download. Is there any way to combine these two?

Hello @sayayan,

You cannot add pirated DLC "into" a legit Origin-version of The Sims 4, if that is what you wanted to know. I'm sorry to disappoint. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Ah so it'd have to be two separate games then? I was hoping didn't have to lose everything haha

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 24 Feb 2018, 19:27

sayayan wrote:Ah so it'd have to be two separate games then? I was hoping didn't have to lose everything haha

In essence, yes! You would have to keep the two installation under two different filepaths. But that's still not the end of the story...you need to find a way how to manage the folder under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, properly. Because both the cracked and legit games utilize this exact same path, for savefiles, mods, tray/Gallery items, etc.

1) https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24078-how-to-bypass-folder-switching-between-a-legit-and-cracked-sims-4

2) https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24433-i-have-both-origin-g4tw-versions-of-sims-4-how-can-i-manage-the-documents-folder

Personally I would recommend #2, even if in the long run it means you have to keep renaming folders over and over. In my opinion the #2 method is safer and allows for greater flexibility regarding mods and CC. But feel free to make up your own mind of course.

Do you intend to download "Gallery" items from the legit game, and transfer these to the cracked version? Smile  If yes, then this issue really matters, and you have to choose between method #1 or #2.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Feb 2018, 19:44

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

1) https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24078-how-to-bypass-folder-switching-between-a-legit-and-cracked-sims-4

2) https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24433-i-have-both-origin-g4tw-versions-of-sims-4-how-can-i-manage-the-documents-folder

Personally I would recommend #2, even if in the long run it means you have to keep renaming folders over and over. In my opinion the #2 method is safer and allows for greater flexibility regarding mods and CC. But feel free to make up your own mind of course.

Do you intend to download "Gallery" items from the legit game, and transfer these to the cracked version? Smile  If yes, then this issue really matters, and you have to choose between method #1 or #2.

Yes! That's actually the reason I got the origin ID xD Which do you recommend? 
Will the gallery be affected at all by the fact that I don't have all the packs on the legit? Like, will it automatically filter stuff out?

Oh, I totally forgot that I have a desktop on the way. I can prob just use my laptop to access gallery and download stuff. That makes things a lot easier i guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 24 Feb 2018, 20:11

sayayan wrote:Yes! That's actually the reason I got the origin ID xD Which do you recommend? 
Will the gallery be affected at all by the fact that I don't have all the packs on the legit? Like, will it automatically filter stuff out?

Oh, I totally forgot that I have a desktop on the way. I can prob just use my laptop to access gallery and download stuff. That makes things a lot easier i guess.

I myself have a legit Origin basegame only, with no DLC. Yet I am able to download every sim/lot I want, without anything getting filtered out. Of course, if I don't have a DLC and an item uses it, the components of the Gallery creation (that require DLC content) will get replaced by something else. But in principle, you can download stuff and transfer it to a cracked game that has all DLC!

If you are also interested, we have an announcement here regarding our own compilation of Gallery items, as requested by users. Could give you a nice head-start, but of course, having a legit TS4 basegame on your own is invariably more flexible.

And yes, you could also keep the legit & cracked Sims 4 games on two different computers, and then transfer the stuff under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray back-and-forth between each computer, for example by using some USB-flashdrive.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Feb 2018, 21:48

I basically use the legit game for downloading CC only. Never play the game or save it in the legal version.
I play in the pirated version of the game. As both versions share the same folder in Documents\Electronic Arts, downloaded CC is immediately available in both versions.

There is a problem however at present as the legal game is version 1.40 and the pirated version is still 1.39.
Just copy the file The sims 4\Game\Bin\Default.ini from legal to the same location in pirated and then the pirated "thinks" it is 1.40 also.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Feb 2018, 03:27

@The_gh0stm4n 
@Tarac

That's most likely what I'm going to do, just use the legit download. I just had by first round of downloading, but when i exited the game and origin I can't relaunch fitgirl's version from the previous shortcut I used. Origin keeps popping up and even when I end task it and the game launches, I am stuck without all the expansions. I am currently reinstalling fitgirl's in another location to see if that will work, but am I possibly doing something wrong? I downloaded/launched the legit through origin then tried to open the crack from the exe I've been using all along, but it seems they have overlapped.

//EDIT

If I see someone has shared multiple items, but when I go to their profile I can only see one is that normal?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Feb 2018, 09:42

In that case you allowed the legal version to overwirite the pirated.
Both versions should be strictly separate from each other in different directories.
Re-install the fitgirl version in another directory.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 25 Feb 2018, 16:53

sayayan wrote://EDIT

If I see someone has shared multiple items, but when I go to their profile I can only see one is that normal?

//MERGED

Hello again,

I merged topics, because in a way it's a continuation of the discussion that you originally started. May I ask what you mean by "normal" in this context? If you simply download the items from the 'listing' (where every item is shown), then you should be fine.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Feb 2018, 21:42

Tarac wrote:In that case you allowed the legal version to overwirite the pirated.
Both versions should be strictly separate from each other in different directories.
Re-install the fitgirl version in another directory.

I did and the pirated version worked fine after the new install, but once i opened origin again for the legit it got merged again WhatDidUJustCallMe? i'm prob doing something wrong but i'll probably just bare with it

@The_gh0stm4n

The items aren't showing. Before I click into their profile I can see they have shared multiple items, but after I click in not matter how I filter (w/cc as well) I only see one shared item. If they had deleted it I would have assumed the shared items count would also decrease?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 25 Feb 2018, 22:19

sayayan wrote:@The_gh0stm4n

The items aren't showing. Before I click into their profile I can see they have shared multiple items, but after I click in not matter how I filter (w/cc as well) I only see one shared item. If they had deleted it I would have assumed the shared items count would also decrease?

I am not entirely sure I heard of that problem before, but feel free nonetheless to have a look here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20397-gallery-connection-problems-a-note-about-network-adapter-settings-obsolete

Edit the settings on your network adapter accordingly, and then see if it makes any difference.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Feb 2018, 10:41

sayayan wrote:
I did and the pirated version worked fine after the new install, but once i opened origin again for the legit it got merged again WhatDidUJustCallMe? i'm prob doing something wrong but i'll probably just bare with it

In Origin, clcik on the word Origin (left top menu)
Click on Apllication Settings
Click on General
Scroll down a bit to the Updates section
Tick off Automatically keep my game up to date

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top