Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Base Origin and G4TW/Fitgirl [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Base Origin and G4TW/Fitgirl [SOLVED] Empty Base Origin and G4TW/Fitgirl [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 14 Sep 2017, 23:42

I've done a ton of reading in the last few hours about the possibility of having both installed and being able to use both.
I totally forgot i had the base game and got quite accustomed to playing with the Fitgirl repack having all the DLC's etc.

Then came the idea of the Gallery (which from reading looks like it stopped working (for a bit?)). So i tried to install Sims 4 via origin in a different place to load up and get gallery Tray files.

Sounds nice and simple and the first time it worked a charm. However, AFTER opening the Fitgirl repack version again (and playing) the next time i try to open the base game in Origin it's definitely looking at the Fitgirl location (despite being on separate drives (H being Origin and T being Fitgirl in my case).

Now in Origin i have no choice but to update my game which does indeed modify the files in the T drive.

I assume i've done something wrong or was i under the wrong impression that you can't run both versions on the same pc. The only real reason i wanted to install the base Origin version was because of the Gallery (and since i apparently already brought it  Oh my...)

Happy to be told i've done something wrong or it's just not possible anymore. I've read so many conflicting things going back to 2016 so in my head i'm not sure what's possible and what's not anymore  :$ :$

Back to top Go down

Base Origin and G4TW/Fitgirl [SOLVED] Empty Re: Base Origin and G4TW/Fitgirl [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 15 Sep 2017, 11:28

Hi there, and welcome to the forum! Very Happy

It is indeed possible to run both origin and Fitgirls/G4TW version. The only difference you need to take note is the Sims 4 folder in Documents. Basically, both versions uses the same folder in Documents so playing one after another without renaming them would 'mess' up the games, as well as your saves.

You can read about the Documents folder here.
And the explanation of combining both version here.

Back to top Go down

Base Origin and G4TW/Fitgirl [SOLVED] Empty Re: Base Origin and G4TW/Fitgirl [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 15 Sep 2017, 13:15

Hi. Thanks for your response. Ok good to know it's still possible. I did know about those folders and do have to. I had a Sims 4 - O and a Sims 4 - C

My issue arose after opening fitgirl after having origin Install Sims 4 in a different location. I was certain I changed the folders back so Sims 4 - O became Sims 4. But I was quite tired by this point and it maybe that I just goosed it without realising. If this does happen does that mean I have to uninstall the origin version and reinstall it?

Curious why origin thinks that the fitgirl location is its own (and so tries to repair etc and break it)

When I'm home I'll give it a better shot with a clearer brain and ensure to switch folders properly to see if the same thing occurs.

Thanks for the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Sep 2017, 13:50

I see. Perhaps the origin detect the cracked .exe as it's own and attempted to update/overrride the folder. It's possible you can also turn off the automatic update for origin.

Unfortunately, I myself do not have the origin version with the cracked one. If it still confuses you, or you're still having problems later on, I'll see if I can tag another helper for help.  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Sep 2017, 15:01

Thank you for your help.

I'll give it a proper shot when I get home to make sure sleep deprivation wasn't the real cause and come back to you. My only thought was that maybe Fitgirl and Origin use the same registry value or something like that. But starting this debacle late last night wasn't a clever move.

Just for the record the order of events I did was

1) Install Origin
2) Install Legit base game
3) Open and run base game to confirm Gallery etc worked
4) Close both game and Origin
5) Install Fitgirl cracked game (I copied the Legit base game's default.ini over the cracked one)
6) Opened and run cracked game to confirm that all packs were enabled
7) Close cracked game
Cool Open Origin
9) Try to open Legit base game, get prompted to update watching new files get updated in the cracked location

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Sep 2017, 16:03

Hahaha, of course, do take your time. I'll tag another helper here just in case you need more help, since I'm obviously will not be able to provide one.

What happens if you install the G4TW version instead though?

PS: Hey @Tarac , could you check on this topic? Lol. Like I've said, I have zero solutions to give.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Sep 2017, 16:04

I did start downloading the G4tW ones last night but decided it was too late to be playing silly buggers with the sims Smile

I have a shiny new 3tb drive so space isn't an issue anymore so i'll download them as well and follow the instructions I found on the order of installing them etc and see if that helps later on.

Thanks bud! much appreciated!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Sep 2017, 19:52

Sorry for the double post but i think i have it working.

For any googlers who happen to find this. This is what i did (it's no doubt in many many guides as well)

1) Install Origin
2) Change Install location to somewhere of your choosing but don't end it with Electronic Arts or Origin (For reference mine is H:/Non Steam/)
3) Install Sims 4 Base Game
4) Open the game to create the user folder (Located Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4)
5) Inside the sims 4 folder that was created in your documents, i added a txt file called ORIGIN just to make it obvious to me which folder it is
6) Rename that sims 4 folder to something which indicates it's the ORIGIN version (My folder structure looks like this, Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims4_ORIGIN)
7) Install G4TW/Fitgirl sims 4 (Because i'm using Fitgirl the instructions on how to install it is different. For G4TW there are a few very detailed very good guides but the gist is Base game -> Get to Work -> Get Together -> City Living -> Toddler/Vampires
Parenthood -> Delete the Game folder in your install location -> Install Fitness (Use the Game folder in this to replace the one you just deleted)
Cool Run the G4TW/Fitgirl cracked version of the game to create the documents folder structure (REMEMBER TO HAVE CHANGED THE LEGIT FOLDER)

That seems to be it. 

Everytime i want to play the cracked game i make sure Origin is closed (look in task manager and kill Origin.exe), I change the documents folder structure to the cracked one (I rename Sims 4_CRACKED to just Sims 4), then run TS4 from the location i installed the cracked version to

Everytime I want to play the legit game (for Gallery) I open Origin, Change the documents folder structure to the ORIGIN one (I rename Sims 4_ORIGIN to just Sims 4) and click play from inside ORIGIN.

Thank you @Ageha for your help. I think what you (and the other guides) told me to do was the same, i was just sleep deprived and clearly missed a step (which was probably very clearly explained)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Sep 2017, 21:59

With ZLOrigin you only need 1 folder The Sims 4 + an extra Game/Bin folder.
I think something simular must also be possible with legal Origin.
Will try it out tomorrow and report back with a manual (if it works).

The aim is to have only 1 install folder and both versions, legal and pirated, will use the same install folder and in Documents.
So no renaming of folders required.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Sep 2017, 10:16

Whats the benefit apart from using less storage space? 

I would of thought updating the origin version would break the cracked version depending on what the update was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Sep 2017, 12:57

taroam wrote:Whats the benefit apart from using less storage space? 

I would of thought updating the origin version would break the cracked version depending on what the update was.
Hi!

I'm glad you've got it working! Unfortunately, I have no opinion/suggestion regarding the combining of those versions, since I only have G4TW version myself. I think for now, I'll close the topic momentarily.

@taroam and @totalsims : Do PM me should you wish to update this topic regarding the above question.  Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top