Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using original base game.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Using original base game. Empty Using original base game.

Post by Guest Sun 25 Feb 2018, 13:55

Hi guys I havent been on in a while but Daughter wants to update her Sims 4. My question is this she has the original base game that was purchased can I add all the expansions packs (in the order advised) to this or will I need to download the cracked version

Best Regards

Back to top Go down

Using original base game. Empty Re: Using original base game.

Post by Guest Sun 25 Feb 2018, 15:05

@stuart1976
Use 2 different directories for the legal and the pirated versions.
Although it is possible to add the expansion packs on top op de legal version, it is not advisable because every update via Origin will render the expansions unworkable..

Use the legal version for downloading CC only, not for playing the game. Never save a game played in the legal version.
Play with the cracked version. Here you can also save your played games.

As both versions use the same file in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, your downloads from the Gallery are immediately available in the cracked game.

You can get an error like "Unable to start game due to higer version, update via Origin" when you play the cracked version. (At present the legal version is 1.40.61.1020 and the cracked 1.39.74.1020).
In such cases copy the file Default.ini from the legal version The Sims 4\Game\Bin to the same location of your cracked version.

Most probably the install folder of your legal game is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4.
When you download and install the cracked version, the base game will install in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. As soon as the base game is installed move it to any location on your PC (but not in Electronic Arts, Origin or Origin Games) here on G4TW we prefer to move it to C: or D:\Program Files (x86) which will result in an installfolder C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Feb 2018, 17:06

Thanks Tarac as soon as I posted I saw a thread about it. Thanks again

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 25 Feb 2018, 20:20

stuart1976 wrote:Thanks Tarac as soon as I posted I saw a thread about it. Thanks again

Did you have any further questions for the moment, or can we mark the topic as "solved"?  Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top