Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installed Custom Content Not Showing Up Under the Installed Tab

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installed Custom Content Not Showing Up Under the Installed Tab Empty Installed Custom Content Not Showing Up Under the Installed Tab

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jan 2012, 08:30

I think I had this problem before???

I went to install some custom content, I then looked under installed content and it is there.

However, when I close the launcher and reopen it, the items are not there, only store content???

I rechecked four files, under downloads, and installed them, then did the same files again, it showed that they were already installed????

I am frustrated, I don't know what to do???

Melissa

Back to top Go down

Installed Custom Content Not Showing Up Under the Installed Tab Empty Re: Installed Custom Content Not Showing Up Under the Installed Tab

Post by Admin Sun 29 Jan 2012, 12:15

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Installed Custom Content Not Showing Up Under the Installed Tab Empty Re: Installed Custom Content Not Showing Up Under the Installed Tab

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jan 2012, 12:36

Hi, I had the same problem after i installed pets and mastersuite expansions.
What seemed to have happend with me is the following:

Pre pets installs were in my own language dutch, and pets/mastersuite were English versions.
The game created a "de sims 3" folder in "../documents/electronic arts/.." for the dutch installs.
And for pets/mastersuite(english) it created a "the sims 3" folder in "../documents/electronic arts/..."
So i took all my downloaded, saves and caches from the "de sims3" folder copied them to the newly created "the sims 3" folder. Replace and or merge all.
I opened launcher and went to the downloads section and all downloads were there again. Very Happy
Select all and reinstall.

Hope this helped you a little.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 29 Jan 2012, 12:37

Happycamper wrote:Hi, I had the same problem after i installed pets and mastersuite expansions.
What seemed to have happend with me is the following:

Pre pets installs were in my own language dutch, and pets/mastersuite were English versions.
The game created a "de sims 3" folder in "../documents/electronic arts/.." for the dutch installs.
And for pets/mastersuite(english) it created a "the sims 3" folder in "../documents/electronic arts/..."
So i took all my downloaded, saves and caches from the "de sims3" folder copied them to the newly created "the sims 3" folder. Replace and or merge all.
I opened launcher and went to the downloads section and all downloads were there again. Very Happy
Select all and reinstall.

Hope this helped you a little.
Hi there,

Clever, I should remember that one. I've seen a lot of people having two "The Sims 3" folders in (My) Documents.
So this may be the cause. Thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jan 2012, 13:17

First of all :Thanks allot for your ultimate-fix or else i wouldn't even have the game running at all.

Update: It seems this fixed my missing households and saves aswell, just noticed some comunity-lotts i placed and customized are empty but that's no biggie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 29 Jan 2012, 23:45

Happycamper wrote:First of all :Thanks allot for your ultimate-fix or else i wouldn't even have the game running at all.

Update: It seems this fixed my missing households and saves aswell, just noticed some comunity-lotts i placed and customized are empty but that's no biggie.
Hello,

Glad you liked it! ^^

You might want to post your problem here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/f11-the-sims-3-chitchat-in-game-problems
Lady ElDi might be able to help you. She's good with in-game stuff.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top