Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Install ony 2/3 DLC.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Install ony 2/3 DLC. Empty Install ony 2/3 DLC.

Post by Guest Tue 06 Mar 2018, 11:41

Good morning, i don't know if this problem as already been solved, but I have a question.
My sister's PC, with Windows 7, hasn't so much memory to install all the DLC, and i would know if i can (and if is possibile, how i can) install only the TS4 base game and the DLC Get to work, vampire, cats and dogs and jungle adventures.
Is this possibile?
Thank you

Mod edit: moved to the right section.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

silent install - Install ony 2/3 DLC. Empty Re: Install ony 2/3 DLC.

Post by Guest Tue 06 Mar 2018, 13:26

Yes, it is possible to install as you wished but when installed it still requires 18,8 GB diskspace (full game is 26,4 GB) for the install-folder alone.
Also you'll need an adapted progression folder in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 as otherwise the game freezes after the welcome to Jungle Adventures.
You can copy your existing full and complete progression-folder The Sims 4 to the machine of your sister.

When starting the game it shows in the opening page that all DLC's are installed (not true) and that the missing ones will be downloaded (not true also)

Installation:
1. Install Base Game
2. After installation MOVE install-folder out of C:|Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts to f.e. just Program Files (x86)
3. Install Get to Work
4. Install Vampires
5. Delete the folder Game from your install folder
6. Install Cats & Dogs
7. Install Jungle Adventures

When copying folders from the downloads to your install folder do not copy:
EP02
EP03
GP02
GP03
GP05
all SP's

Good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 07 Mar 2018, 15:40

BrokenSmileSmoke wrote:Good morning, i don't know if this problem as already been solved, but I have a question.
My sister's PC, with Windows 7, hasn't so much memory to install all the DLC, and i would know if i can (and if is possibile, how i can) install only the TS4 base game and the DLC Get to work, vampire, cats and dogs and jungle adventures.
Is this possibile?
Thank you

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

I would recommend the procedure laid out here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30898-how-to-disable-uninstall-individual-dlc-from-the-sims-4

Yes, it involves more work than the previous suggestion, but is safe(r). In my opinion there is no easier/safer way of going about this; you cannot directly "pick and choose" anymore what DLC you want to have installed, unlike in earlier Sims titles. Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top