Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 - My First Pet Stuff.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 - My First Pet Stuff. - Page 2 Empty The Sims 4 - My First Pet Stuff.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 06 Mar 2018, 23:17

First topic message reminder :

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/pet-stuff-announce

EA wrote:Simmers, do your Sims love their pets? Do said pets add sunshine and rainbows and scratched furniture to your Sims’ lives? Do you want to add to their lives, too? Are you tired of reading all these questions? Of course you are! Let’s cut to the chase: The Sims(TM) 4 My First Pet Stuff* pack is coming soon, and it’s all about – you guessed it – pet stuff.

Your Sims will now be able to dress their cats and dogs in fresh outfits. Yes, it’s happening, people. Pet costumes are in the building. Your furry besties can now strut in style! Now that’s what we call a catwalk.

But wait, there’s so much more! If you can’t get enough of The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs, you’re probably a huge animal lover. With The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff, you can add small pets to households, like a hamster, rat, pygmy hedgehog, or miniature bubalus. So. Freaking. Cute. Each one lives in a fun, interactive habitat, and your Sims will learn to take care of them, play with them, and keep them happy and healthy, too.

Finally, Sims can show their pets, friends, and families how much they care about their fur babies by decorating their homes with pet-inspired furniture. Brighten up a kid’s room, toss a kitty throw pillow in your living room, and show your pride for all things pets!

Ready to show your Sims’ pets some love? The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff pack arrives March 13, 2018 on PC and Mac.

The Sims 4 - My First Pet Stuff. - Page 2 Ts4-sp14-official-screens-01-002-4k.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w

I was thinking about some more in-depth "connection" with the Cats & Dogs DLC, rather than just those clothing items for cats/dogs. But from the description it looks like it's just mostly going to add a couple of small pets, and of course new objects/clothing.

So...another mini-DLC is coming soon!

Happy B-day! What a Face
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - My First Pet Stuff. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 4 - My First Pet Stuff.

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2018, 18:01

I patched the non-cracked copy, so the cracked copy pops up with an error telling me to update it, too, using Origin. Which I don't wanna do!

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - My First Pet Stuff. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 4 - My First Pet Stuff.

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2018, 18:25

Potatocasserole wrote:I patched the non-cracked copy, so the cracked copy pops up with an error telling me to update it, too, using Origin. Which I don't wanna do!
Go to the install folder of the non-cracked copy
Open the folder Game\Bin and copy the file Default.ini

Now go to the install folder of the cracked copy, again Game\Bin and paste the Default.ini overwrting the existing file.
You should be able to play the cracked version now.

If it's only for the time being, you can also go to your progress folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete the file GameVersion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2018, 20:34

Tarac wrote:
Potatocasserole wrote:I patched the non-cracked copy, so the cracked copy pops up with an error telling me to update it, too, using Origin. Which I don't wanna do!
Go to the install folder of the non-cracked copy
Open the folder Game\Bin and copy the file Default.ini

Now go to the install folder of the cracked copy, again Game\Bin and paste the Default.ini overwrting the existing file.
You should be able to play the cracked version now.

If it's only for the time being, you can also go to your progress folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete the file GameVersion.
 Woo! Thank you very much, this worked.  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2018, 22:01

Seems like the DLC is already available on Origin. I had hopes EA would have just dropped the thing and made a free update of it but... oh well Razz Nr. 1 reason not to buy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 14 Mar 2018, 00:08

Tarac wrote:It's not even available via the genuine Origin.
You can't pre-order either and when you look at the official websites, all advertisements for this new DLC are vanished. (at least I can't find them anymore)

The main idea of a "pre-order" is that it will be taken off, shortly before the official release date/time. I guess there is always a brief time window in which the game cannot be ordered at all.

In The Sims 4 it's not so much apparent, but in some other game franchises, "pre-order" copies of games contain bonus items or content, but only for a specific time window, and in order to entice people into buying things.

simsus1234 wrote:Hello, when do you guys expect the new DLC to release on G4TW?

As usual, as fast as possible. In the meantime I've compiled just the update & language files from ZLOrigin (the latter is a bit of a pain, because every time you download/install a new language for TS4 the system "verifies" the entire installation, but it can be compensated if you work on the computer on something else while the stuff downloads; or - if you use multiple computers with a ZLOrigin installation and someone is helping you).

There are also rumors flying around that something in the DRM might have changed again, and apparently the group CODEX has come up with a crack for that game now as well, though I don't want to test that - yet - because people are saying it "works" somewhat differently than the RLD/machine4578-versions. For example, it apparently uses a different system of language change.

If someone on here happens to have grabbed the CODEX version of the new DLC, feel free to send me their crack files; please don't post on the public Forums here though - use the green e-mail button on my profile.

simsus1234 wrote:Seems like the DLC is already available on Origin. I had hopes EA would have just dropped the thing and made a free update of it but... oh well Razz Nr. 1 reason not to buy

The only "free" pack that they gave out so far was the "Christmas Free Pack" (FP01), from December 2014. If they do give out something for free it's going to be so minor that it's not worth talking about.

Edit: I'll leave the testing of the CODEX-release to the helpful people - you - on here.  Carlos is tha man

Edit2: looks like we will be rolling now with CODEX-provided crack files then. Stay tuned for more! Everybody using the "CODEX"-repack, editing the language through the codex.cfg does not appear to work, at least not from my own testing so far. You can however edit the registry manually, under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Maxis -> The Sims 4. There change the language code for "Locale" and "GDFBinary". We will do a bit more testing to be as safe as possible with this new (?) crack.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2018, 04:27

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Edit2: looks like we will be rolling now with CODEX-provided crack files then. Stay tuned for more! Everybody using the "CODEX"-repack, editing the language through the codex.cfg does not appear to work, at least not from my own testing so far. You can however edit the registry manually, under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Maxis -> The Sims 4. There change the language code for "Locale" and "GDFBinary". We will do a bit more testing to be as safe as possible with this new (?) crack.

So we won't use the RldOrigin files no more and instead the OrangeEmu or do they work together? Got the files but haven't tried yet, just wondering. Hope this new DRM thing won't throw us back to the time we had to wait until RLD decided to crack it. Having machine4578 cracking stuff so fast has been great and got me spoiled. IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Cheers!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 14 Mar 2018, 04:38

User09 wrote:So we won't use the RldOrigin files no more and instead the OrangeEmu or do they work together? Got the files but haven't tried yet, just wondering. Hope this new DRM thing won't throw us back to the time we had to wait until RLD decided to crack it. Having machine4578 cracking stuff so fast has been great and got me spoiled. IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Cheers!

I've so far "mixed" these OrangeEmu.dll files with the old RldOrigin-stuff, and no problems on my end during the testing. The TS4.exe & TS4_x64.exe only read the data from the OrangeEmu.dll files, and ignore the old cracks. Nonetheless the instructions will recommend to delete the old crack files.

It also has further implications. This thing here is now completely obsolete:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23293-how-to-change-the-in-game-display-language-in-reloaded-g4tw-the-sims-4-games-updated-on-23-02-2018

I'm not entirely sure about this here, but could be as well:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32834-batch-script-for-language-change-in-the-sims-4

And on this here we can put another big question mark:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30898-how-to-disable-uninstall-individual-dlc-from-the-sims-4

And so forth. It's already very late here, and I will start uploading this thing, and send it to ~Ann~. The instructions should definitely be read, everything else will be smoothed out over time.

Sleep
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2018, 05:14

The_gh0stm4n wrote:I've so far "mixed" these OrangeEmu.dll files with the old RldOrigin-stuff, and no problems on my end during the testing. The TS4.exe & TS4_x64.exe only read the data from the OrangeEmu.dll files, and ignore the old cracks. Nonetheless the instructions will recommend to delete the old crack files.

Sleep

Since I cannot "see" what an .exe file is reading/doing (running ts4 via wine on mac), this is good info. Will test it out with and report back. And indeed, lots of things will probably change...

Thanks and have a good night! Yess, aye lieeke!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2018, 16:23

Any luck with the new SP?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2018, 20:00

I just want it so I can mess with the new animations...still waiting for g4tw to have it up...since everyone has a mega torrent with every other EP, GP, and SP installed and I just want it separately to extract.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2018, 20:19

Me too, since 25GB from CODEX is too much for me WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2018, 20:20

filipe231291 wrote:Me too, since 25GB from CODEX is too much for me WhatDidUJustCallMe?
Same I just want the 5 GB one Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2018, 20:22

GummyPop wrote:
filipe231291 wrote:Me too, since 25GB from CODEX is too much for me WhatDidUJustCallMe?
It's 4,73 GB.
Click in my profile on the icon for my website
Select Direct install
Look at item 8 My first Pet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2018, 20:26

Tarac wrote:
GummyPop wrote:
It's 4,73 GB.
Think you mean 2 TB
Also theres no link on your profile and how can a small pack be 4K gb? Why.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 14 Mar 2018, 20:30

Tarac wrote:It's 4,73 GB.

Damn, you gave away too much information.  What a Face  No, that was a joke. Maybe ~Ann~ will still show up today, and if not, then *hopefully* tomorrow. I've indeed - as I did last time already - forwarded a preview of the DLC to ~Ann~ and a few other people.

This is the first DLC that was almost completely "extracted" from ZLOrigin: so the update files, all 17 language strings, and the new DLC. The crack was taken from CODEX.

To give you a heads-up, you can simply copy/paste the new DLC over your existing RELOADED (machine 4578)-installations of The Sims 4. The old crack files should not interfere with the new files, nonetheless the install guide recommends to delete these old remnants.

Let's have some more patience; as one would expect, the new content isn't really worth the rush anyway.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2018, 20:33

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Tarac wrote:It's 4,73 GB.

Damn, you gave away too much information.  What a Face  No, that was a joke. Maybe ~Ann~ will still show up today, and if not, then *hopefully* tomorrow. I've indeed - as I did last time already - forwarded a preview of the DLC to ~Ann~ and a few other people.

This is the first DLC that was almost completely "extracted" from ZLOrigin: so the update files, all 17 language strings, and the new DLC. The crack was taken from CODEX.

To give you a heads-up, you can simply copy/paste the new DLC over your existing RELOADED (machine 4578)-installations of The Sims 4. The old crack files should not interfere with the new files, nonetheless the install guide recommends to delete these old remnants.

Let's have some more patience; as one would expect, the new content isn't really worth the rush anyway.
The only thing I want to see is the return of the rodent disease from the original sims to see it's animations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2018, 20:34

The pack in itself is honestly so lackluster, I will mourn every Simmer who shoves that money up EA's ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2018, 20:39

Yeah this pack should be a free pack for cats and dogs...or contain more caged pets and different objects to be standalone sp...but yeah wanna see the new animations for the disease.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2018, 22:22

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Let's have some more patience; as one would expect, the new content isn't really worth the rush anyway.

Foreveralone Foreveralone Foreveralone Foreveralone

You say that like I DON'T want gerbils in my damn game Ghost. I expected so much more from you

FUU! FUU! FUU!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2018, 22:45

lololol sarcasm aside.....still gonna download it even though it's a cheap SP. Like give us lizards, iguanas, and birbs!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 15 Mar 2018, 01:37

KpCarnright wrote:Foreveralone Foreveralone Foreveralone Foreveralone

You say that like I DON'T want gerbils in my damn game Ghost. I expected so much more from you

FUU! FUU! FUU!

Very Happy

But on a more serious note, and like I said in the other thread about Jungle Adventures. It's a 'tradition' dating back to the old Admin, who shortly before he left insisted that announcements should only made by Forum Administrators: people with a red username color. I don't personally agree with the policy, but nonetheless I will still not "lobby" for any change. We have more pressing issues to deal with than the person announcing things.

Back then - when times more positive - the man himself told me that we are all part of a team, and that I could also make announcements. If you look here, I indeed announced a couple of game titles back then.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/f34-latest-games4theworld-news-editorials

I also recall he allowed @Sephymuffins, who was briefly a green Helper (Quartermaster Rookie by today's "terms"), to make Global Announcements; which she eventually did. 

The following is going to be an off-topic ramble, but nonetheless it could be interesting. Incidentally, I also had a chat with ~Ann~ at some point about certain "cultural specifics"; and as of more lately I have been reading a few things about Dutch culture and mentality. I apologize in advance to any Dutch users here who may feel I am spreading stereotypes (my source is from a Germany-based university, HERE, if anybody is interested). With this preface, here is my take.

One of the "tenets" according to the source linked above appears to be, that in Dutch culture personal friendship tends to be preferred, compared to mere efficiency or workplace-skills. A.k.a. you can be the greatest bada$$ in the world, but it would not mean anything if there is no friendship.

Another tenet appears to be that in Dutch culture, it is common that decisions or opinions once made are very frequently re-visited, oftentimes without any obvious rational reason other than "I think I have re-considered, and that is that". This seems to be very closely related to the general culture and climate of liberalism in The Netherlands. 

However truthful these assertions are, I feel the information that I have 'learned' thus far does shed a bit of light on certain aspects, which could be useful in dealing with the (very large) Dutch audience on G4TW. Again, I cannot verify the truthfulness of the source that I used, nor do I want this thread to derail into some cultural battle of sorts. What I want to say is, given the background of the old Admin and many other users on here, I thought I do some googling and try seeing if I can "learn something on the internet". Yes, I know. This is not comparable to actually living in The Netherlands and/or dealing face-to-face with Dutch people. But from my perspective, it is at least a start.

Regardless, I am not necessarily fond of any of these tenets, as they are laid out in the source. Then again, it is what makes us all unique, and we can still learn from one another. P.S. if anybody from The Netherlands and/or someone with the necessary knowledge/experience is reading this thread, feel free to refute the above tenets - if you can keep it civil. While I do believe the above source in part corroborates my own experiences, accounts of this type are also stereotypical, to some extent.

(/off-topic)
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Mar 2018, 01:49

Ughh I want to do the rodent challenge ;-;

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Mar 2018, 02:01

The_gh0stm4n wrote:(/off-topic)

Dude I'm way too high for the level of seriousness that was.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 15 Mar 2018, 02:09

GummyPop wrote:Ughh I want to do the rodent challenge ;-;

The Sims 4 - My First Pet Stuff. - Page 2 42a0c868fad26ccebf123244cf6da8b5--yoda-quotes-war-quotes

KpCarnright wrote:Dude (...)

For you, that is still "Mr. Vice President/Inspector General, Sir!".   Haters gonna hate  Incidentally, that is also a possible point of friction, while we're at it. In Dutch culture & liberalism, everybody is equal, and using formal titles or distinctions is forbidden frowned upon.

What a Face

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 02:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : last sentence improved.)
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Mar 2018, 02:36

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
GummyPop wrote:Ughh I want to do the rodent challenge ;-;

The Sims 4 - My First Pet Stuff. - Page 2 42a0c868fad26ccebf123244cf6da8b5--yoda-quotes-war-quotes

KpCarnright wrote:Dude (...)

For you, that is still "Mr. Vice President/Inspector General, Sir!".   Haters gonna hate  Incidentally, that is also a possible point of friction, while we're at it. In Dutch culture & liberalism, everybody is equal, and using formal titles or distinctions is forbidden.

What a Face
That story...still has me confused...like really...extremely off-topic...the people in EA or some other company?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 15 Mar 2018, 02:43

GummyPop wrote:That story...still has me confused...like really...extremely off-topic...the people in EA or some other company?

Neither.

I went on this ramble mainly because my sleep schedule has been thrown out of whack, and to ponder about certain (alleged) cultural specifics that could shed light on the user who has been most influential in shaping G4TW, and that is Master Admin. And as said, it is indeed off-topic. But people keep wondering about "hierarchy" on here, and it is my role to explain to people the hierarchical structures on here. 

If people are so impatient, they should grab the ZLOrigin-thing, or the CODEX-repacks. As for the G4TW repack, it will be released when ~Ann~ is ready and has tested it herself.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Mar 2018, 03:20

But the repacks are 50 GB! And if I have zlorigin then I have to reinstall everything then I'll just have two cracked versions of the games which is too much space being taken up for no reason just to get a measly weak SP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top