Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MY FIRST PET STUFF INSTALLATION CONFUSION. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MY FIRST PET STUFF INSTALLATION CONFUSION. [SOLVED] Empty MY FIRST PET STUFF INSTALLATION CONFUSION. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2018, 02:26

I have downloaded this pack and the codex.cfg file, but I am struggling with some of the steps in this installation.

1.  In the installation guide it says to delete 5 files from the game/bin i.e. RldOrigin.ini etc.  Do I delete these files before or after  installation?

2.  The Language file: Do I have to place the file as instructed, or can I just ignore this step as my language should be in English?

3.  The codex file for missing items: It says to put it in the game/bin. Do I put it anywhere in the bin or do I need to put it somewhere specific?

I would be very grateful for any help, as this installation seems to be more complicated than usual.

Back to top Go down

MY FIRST PET STUFF INSTALLATION CONFUSION. [SOLVED] Empty Re: MY FIRST PET STUFF INSTALLATION CONFUSION. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Mar 2018, 13:21

JANNO wrote:I have downloaded this pack and the codex.cfg file, but I am struggling with some of the steps in this installation.

1.  In the installation guide it says to delete 5 files from the game/bin i.e. RldOrigin.ini etc.  Do I delete these files before or after  installation?

2.  The Language file: Do I have to place the file as instructed, or can I just ignore this step as my language should be in English?

3.  The codex file for missing items: It says to put it in the game/bin. Do I put it anywhere in the bin or do I need to put it somewhere specific?

I would be very grateful for any help, as this installation seems to be more complicated than usual.

Hello @JANNO,

1. I think we mentioned in the install guide that we tested the new crack files, "mixed" with the old files being present. With no issues at all. The implication/conclusion of that is, that it doesn't matter if you delete the files beforehand or "afterwards" at some point.

2. I think some people mentioned it, that if your previous Sims 4 installation was in English already, then you don't need to use the .reg files.

3. There is no "specific" location within the Bin-folder. This is a single folder, therefore a file can either be in it, or not in it. Just copy/paste that new codex.cfg file into the Bin-folder. When prompted, please overwrite the old (codex.cfg) file.

There are "Core", "Python" and "res" subfolders within Bin, yes. But that's not what the instructions say, in terms of where to put the new codex.cfg. It just has to be within the "Bin"-folder, overwriting the old file. In other words: put the codex.cfg file where the TS4.exe and TS4_x64.exe are.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

MY FIRST PET STUFF INSTALLATION CONFUSION. [SOLVED] Empty MY FIRST PET STUFF INSTALLATION CONFUSION SOLVED

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2018, 18:27

A BIG THANKYOU for your help.  Everything is now installed and seems to be working alright so far.

I went to delete the RldOrigin files, but they are no longer there, they have been replaced with files named python, so I hope it's alright.

Once again, thank you so much, I really appreciate everything that you do on this site.

Back to top Go down

MY FIRST PET STUFF INSTALLATION CONFUSION. [SOLVED] Empty Re: MY FIRST PET STUFF INSTALLATION CONFUSION. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Mar 2018, 20:55

JANNO wrote:A BIG THANKYOU for your help.  Everything is now installed and seems to be working alright so far.

I went to delete the RldOrigin files, but they are no longer there, they have been replaced with files named python, so I hope it's alright.

Once again, thank you so much, I really appreciate everything that you do on this site.

The RldOrigin-files do not disappear on their own though; maybe you deleted the entire "Game"-folder already and grabbed the one from the announcement here?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32931-the-sims-4-my-first-pet-stuff-version-1-41-38-1020-out-now

Either way, was there anything else you wanted to ask for the moment, or can we mark the topic as "solved"? Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Mar 2018, 20:10

No, I only downloaded the torrent file.  I always re-name the game file before installing.

The rldorigin files were there before I installed.  Now I'm getting worried.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Mar 2018, 20:37

have you checked inside the renamed game file?
The new game file does not have the origin files. there is nothing to worry about. I have the same situation. The old game file has the origin stuff in it, but the new one does not. You will be playing with the new game file. The old renamed file can be deleted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Mar 2018, 21:44

Thank you so much.  The origin files were indeed in the old game file, which I have now deleted.  I was panicking, thinking I'd made a mistake.  All is well now, you can close this topic if you choose to.

Once again, thank you, your help is much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 18 Mar 2018, 23:02

JANNO wrote:Thank you so much.  The origin files were indeed in the old game file, which I have now deleted.  I was panicking, thinking I'd made a mistake.  All is well now, you can close this topic if you choose to.

Once again, thank you, your help is much appreciated.

Have fun with the new DLC, and feel free to open a new topic again, if you feel you need more Support - problem solved, topic closed. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top