Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 - Update (version) 1.41.42.1020

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 - Update (version) 1.41.42.1020 Empty The Sims 4 - Update (version) 1.41.42.1020

Post by Guest Mon 09 Apr 2018, 04:17

So I just reset my computer and redownloaded the sims 4. I saw there was a new update, so I downloaded it using the torrent link. However, whenever I double click on it in my downloads, I get an error message saying "the archive is either in an unknown format or or damaged". I have winrar and tried using that and it did not work so I read somewhere to download 7-zip, so I did... That didn't work either.. it says "can not open file as archive" in 7-zip.

Edit: and now whenever I try to start the game it is telling me "the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded. please update your game via origin to play"

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - Update (version) 1.41.42.1020 Empty Re: The Sims 4 - Update (version) 1.41.42.1020

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 09 Apr 2018, 18:26

Haleykohl wrote:So I just reset my computer and redownloaded the sims 4. I saw there was a new update, so I downloaded it using the torrent link. However, whenever I double click on it in my downloads, I get an error message saying "the archive is either in an unknown format or or damaged". I have winrar and tried using that and it did not work so I read somewhere to download 7-zip, so I did... That didn't work either.. it says "can not open file as archive" in 7-zip.

Edit: and now whenever I try to start the game it is telling me "the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded. please update your game via origin to play"

Hello,

You should use WinRAR for extracting G4TW's downloads only. Smile  As for the other problem, try deleting the GameVersion.txt under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Then try the game again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - Update (version) 1.41.42.1020 Empty Re: The Sims 4 - Update (version) 1.41.42.1020

Post by Guest Tue 10 Apr 2018, 00:05

PThe_gh0stm4n wrote:
Haleykohl wrote:So I just reset my computer and redownloaded the sims 4. I saw there was a new update, so I downloaded it using the torrent link. However, whenever I double click on it in my downloads, I get an error message saying "the archive is either in an unknown format or or damaged". I have winrar and tried using that and it did not work so I read somewhere to download 7-zip, so I did... That didn't work either.. it says "can not open file as archive" in 7-zip.

Hello,

You should use WinRAR for extracting G4TW's downloads only. Smile  As for the other problem, try deleting the GameVersion.txt under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Then try the game again.
Hi, thank you for your reply, I use winRAR for everything on G4TW. however, I downloaded 7-zip because someone said it might work.. which it didn’t lol. But every time I download that update from the “how to install sims 4 guide” and try to open it with winRAR I get the same error message saying “ the archive is either in an unknown format or damaged” has that ever happened to you? If so what do I do about it? I am getting it from here and downloading the torrent version 
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly#
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t33004-the-sims-4-update-version-1-41-42-1020-out-now
As for the other problem, i will try that in a bit. Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 10 Apr 2018, 19:08

Haleykohl wrote:however, I downloaded 7-zip because someone said it might work.. which it didn’t lol. 

Can you try re-downloading with a different torrent client, than what you use normally? Also, the suggestion with 7-zip is doubtlessly well-meaning (whoever suggested that to you). Nonetheless: the packs were packed with WinRAR, and users should unpack with the same program as well. I don't want to rule out that in some spectacular fringe cases it can help.

But if using WinRAR doesn't work, then there is a 99.9% chance that something else went wrong.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top