Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zclient "can't connect"

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Empty Issues with ZLOrigin (ZLOemu)

Post by Guest Fri 15 Jun 2018, 18:14

First topic message reminder :

Hello, I just got myself a new PC and was looking towards getting sims 4 again for it. At this point I have my own internet (xfinity) and I'm fully aware that I'll get notifications if I torrent, so I was wanting to try out ZLOrigin

The only issue is while reading the guide it told me to go into the New Login folder inside Zclient, was told to double click ZLOEmu, it just takes me to an error page. I'm going to assume this would mean that the servers are down as I read, however does anyone know for how long? I know there's a dicord, but can someone provide a link to said discord?

Back to top Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jun 2018, 23:56

I downloaded the  Zclient ZIP linked above, and connected with my account and worked fine. Haven't tested ZLOrigin though. Also is this the correct configuration for the 'host' file?ZLOrigin made easy - Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Captur10

Back to top Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jun 2018, 05:54

KidDude wrote:I downloaded the  Zclient ZIP linked above, and connected with my account and worked fine. Haven't tested ZLOrigin though. Also is this the correct configuration for the 'host' file?ZLOrigin made easy - Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Captur10

yes, as you did, was all that was needed. (pasting at the bottom)

Just be sure that when you save it, it gets saved as hosts (with no extension) and not hosts.txt. which has happened to me when i used notepad in windows 10.

when i saved it also made me save to a new directory (Documents)

so after saving i had to go into windows explorer click the view button (located near the top of window) then select "show file extension" or something like that.
then goto my documents folder and check the file which in my case was hosts.txt which i just had to rename to hosts deleting the .txt extension.

copy the file back to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\  and overwrite the existing file

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jun 2018, 08:28

Misfit203 wrote:
KidDude wrote:I downloaded the  Zclient ZIP linked above, and connected with my account and worked fine. Haven't tested ZLOrigin though. Also is this the correct configuration for the 'host' file?ZLOrigin made easy - Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Captur10

yes, as you did, was all that was needed. (pasting at the bottom)

Just be sure that when you save it, it gets saved as hosts (with no extension) and not hosts.txt. which has happened to me when i used notepad in windows 10.

when i saved it also made me save to a new directory (Documents)

so after saving i had to go into windows explorer click the view button (located near the top of window) then select "show file extension" or something like that.
then goto my documents folder and check the file which in my case was hosts.txt which i just had to rename to hosts deleting the .txt extension.

copy the file back to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\  and overwrite the existing file
Thanks! I verified that it works by visiting the zloemu.tk website and it worked!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jun 2018, 19:26

I had the same issue so I followed Tarac's steps and it opened. However, the sims 4 needed an update in order to be played, but it has been updating itself for 3 hours now and it's on 40%. Any suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jun 2018, 19:32

nikanpa wrote:I had the same issue so I followed Tarac's steps and it opened. However, the sims 4 needed an update in order to be played, but it has been updating itself for 3 hours now and it's on 40%. Any suggestions?
We, apparently, are not the only ones who try to download.
Mine is at 65% and still more than 6 hours to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 20 Jun 2018, 19:35

nikanpa wrote:I had the same issue so I followed Tarac's steps and it opened. However, the sims 4 needed an update in order to be played, but it has been updating itself for 3 hours now and it's on 40%. Any suggestions?

Like I hinted earlier here, this is a highly-anticipated DLC. Everybody is eagerly waiting for this thing, and in the meantime there is this 1.44 patch which seems to fix a larger number of problems as well. Everybody is downloading at the same time, and there is only so much in terms of server capacity.

Expect even slower speeds for the actual "Seasons" DLC.  Haters gonna hate Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jun 2018, 19:57

But what is this update about? I don't remember anything new added recently  Hmmm, sure?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jun 2018, 20:13

EA always posts an update prior to the release of a new pack.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 20 Jun 2018, 20:18

nikanpa wrote:But what is this update about? I don't remember anything new added recently  Hmmm, sure?

See this here for example, to learn about the new changes in the 1.44 patch:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t33364-patch-day-for-sims-4
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2018, 06:44

It finally updated, but now this comes upZLOrigin made easy - Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Screen10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2018, 10:09

Try following:
Close ZLOrigin and Zclient
Re-boot your computer
Login to Zclient
On the bottom of that screen select your Sims 4 game (32 or 64 bits)
Click Run

ZLOrigin made easy - Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Zclientlog_orig

You can now play the game without loading ZLOrigin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2018, 11:17

What actually worked for me was to turn off my windows defender so I can just start it up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Apr 2019, 01:19

I can't get ZClient to connect, no matter what I do. After it disconnects, a notice comes up saying, Windows cannot find 'ZClient.exe.' Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again.  I had just finished getting all the Sims 4 downloads done, when zclient and ZLOrigin disconnected for some reason. Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Got the same message every time. Can someone please help me find an answer to this.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 17 Apr 2019, 12:41

Ambrosa wrote:I can't get ZClient to connect, no matter what I do. After it disconnects, a notice comes up saying, Windows cannot find 'ZClient.exe.' Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again.  I had just finished getting all the Sims 4 downloads done, when zclient and ZLOrigin disconnected for some reason. Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Got the same message every time. Can someone please help me find an answer to this.

You'll probably have to add your ZClient/ZLOrigin-folder to the "exclusions" in your antivirus. If you use Windows 10, check this out:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10

If you have any other antivirus or antimalware programs, you may have to do extra research on how to add exclusions properly.

Once you did that however, re-download the ZClient/ZLOrigin, and try logging in again.

Additional tip: if you have the "legit" Origin installed on the same computer, I would recommend renaming its folder. So my Origin is installed under C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin, so I renamed that "Origin"-folder temporarily. Otherwise (there is a high likelihood) you'll end up with errors when trying to download from ZLOrigin.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top