Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do I actually need the store fix? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do I actually need the store fix? [SOLVED] Empty Do I actually need the store fix? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jun 2018, 18:59

Sorry for a question completely off topic, but I don't have permission to open a new thread.  And I am already desperate after reading through so much and not finding the answer.

In here, games4theworld, there is a complete store download.  There is also a complete store fix download.  Do I actually need the fix?  Why would they split the two up if it can be combined?  Sorry this could be a very stupid question.

Back to top Go down

Do I actually need the store fix? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Do I actually need the store fix? [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 17 Jun 2018, 19:23

Hello, 

You need the store fixes for a few of the objects to work properly. If you don't care for those objects, you don't need the store fix.
Having said that,I believe the fix is included in the complete store download. So you would only need it if you downloaded objects individually.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Do I actually need the store fix? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Do I actually need the store fix? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 17 Jun 2018, 19:26

hellblade wrote:Sorry for a question completely off topic, but I don't have permission to open a new thread.  And I am already desperate after reading through so much and not finding the answer.

In here, games4theworld, there is a complete store download.  There is also a complete store fix download.  Do I actually need the fix?  Why would they split the two up if it can be combined?  Sorry this could be a very stupid question.

//MOVED

Hello @hellblade,

"They" have split the two items, because not everybody is using the complete store torrent. For most of the time we actually used individual .sims3pack files on G4TW here. Plus, many people are still fetching individual .sims3pack items from different sources. And in general, if you grab items that way, there are no store fixes.

Yes, you need the store fixes for the items to work properly. But the store fixes should actually be included in the complete store torrent.

Another thing: we know that a lot of users (nowadays) are not 'used' to using Forums. But if you found yourself unable to open a new topic (you probably tried opening a topic in the tips or fixes section, which is disallowed for normal users)...wouldn't it have been a possibility to try open a topic in one of the other sections? For example, in the for support-purposes clearly designated "In-Game Support" or "Downloads Support"? It's of course not a life-or-death mistake, but nonetheless please try paying more attention to the individual sections. In earlier times - and on occasion still today - we used to delete misplaced posts like that, until users figured it out themselves. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jun 2018, 21:10

thank you both.  And no, sorry I never thought about posting it anywhere else as this section sounded right, and I automatically assumed being banned in one section means being banned from all sections, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 18 Jun 2018, 18:27

hellblade wrote:(...) and I automatically assumed being banned in one section means being banned from all sections, lol.

Hm, maybe some other Forums do that, yes. But if we did not want to users to post at all, we would have locked down the entire Forum, and most likely there would be an announcement as well.

Either way, good luck with the store fixes! Problem solved, topic closed. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top