Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

unable to load 'the sims4.rar' unkown error! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

unable to load 'the sims4.rar' unkown error! [SOLVED] Empty unable to load 'the sims4.rar' unkown error! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2018, 04:20

I've had the sims 4 installed on my OLD laptop and i managed perfectly well (been a sims4 user for a year or so) until i decided to get a new laptop. Normally i would have transferred the folders of the game but it was too big to fit my little flash drive in any way and even trying to move one small sub-folder after another failed to serve purpose! 

SO i resorted to downloading the game all the way from the base game up to the last expansion pack and it would download perfectly fine until the torrent starts seeding then i try to click to open and..

HERE IS THE PROBLEM: i get an error message saying "unable to load 'the sims4.rar' unkown error!" all of my sims4 downloads fail to open.

I've had to uninstall utorrent and remove all of my finished sims4 downloads and re-download them again but i still got the same error message.

Note: i'm aware of the installation guide and have followed them and added the download+future installation folder paths in the exclusions where my antiviruses are concerned and i have received no alerts of any kind as well as checked the virus chest and it's clear.
I also have no problem with the space on my laptop whatsoever. I've tried changing the download path between (D:) and (C:) but nothing changes!
I haven't actually tried downloading any torrent files other than the sims4 on this laptop yet but i think that the focal problem might be my utorrent installation..

Please help me. I feel like the solution is too simple but i have been trying for days!  Help

Last edited by Dracos66 on Thu 21 Jun 2018, 21:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Issue solved)

Back to top Go down

unable to load 'the sims4.rar' unkown error! [SOLVED] Empty Re: unable to load 'the sims4.rar' unkown error! [SOLVED]

Post by Dracos66 Thu 21 Jun 2018, 06:34

What program are you using to open the .rar file? If its WinRAR you can right-click on the .rar file and select Check File to see what errors (if any) are reported. If you see an error take a screenshot of it and post it here.

uTorrent can be a pain sometimes. You might want to look at FDM (Free Download Manager), it handles torrents very well and most other downloading needs.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

unable to load 'the sims4.rar' unkown error! [SOLVED] Empty Re: unable to load 'the sims4.rar' unkown error! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2018, 19:37

Well this is embarrassing..  Oh my...  
Turns out i didn't have any program to open the .rar files and i got winRAR and problem was solved hahaha. I thought i had it already, never went through the trouble of setting up my laptop tbh (it's pretty empty).
Sorry for the inconvenience, thank you so much for your help!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Thu 21 Jun 2018, 21:37

Glad we could help. If you need any further help, please feel free to open a new topic. Smile
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top